Anyone been told the wrong gender at 20 week ultrasound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would find out for sure especially if you will have some hope and feel sad if wrong? X

I've heard of friends of friends being told girl and having boy, I've not heard of it happening the other way round with the exception of earlier gender scans at 15/16 weeks etc.

Did the tech say how certain she was? At my hospital they will tell you how confident their guess is, my boy had his legs wide open and was in the perfect position for the tech to say '110% a little boy' but friends have been told as low as '85% sure it's a girl' when baby has been in a not so good position. If it's a pressing doubt could you book a gender scan? X

We didn't ask how certain she was :dohh:

The scan took ages as she was struggling to get the pics she needed. Ours was the last appointment of the day and her colleagues were outside waiting for her and she made several comments about how she needed to be quick. She checked the gender right at the end. I closed my eyes, my husband looked and she said she'd type one letter on screen, either B or G.

I felt so flustered (we had both the boys with us DS1 was chatty and curious the whole way through, DS2 cried for me the whole time :()as soon as she was done, we got up, picked up our pics and left. Really kicking myself I didn't ask more.

its meant to be a myth but i have 3 people around me who have just had or due babies now. 3 of us are having girls. We are all bump at the front. The one carrying a boy is sides and back aswel. X

We didn't ask how certain she was :dohh:

The scan took ages as she was struggling to get the pics she needed. Ours was the last appointment of the day and her colleagues were outside waiting for her and she made several comments about how she needed to be quick. She checked the gender right at the end. I closed my eyes, my husband looked and she said she'd type one letter on screen, either B or G.

I felt so flustered (we had both the boys with us DS1 was chatty and curious the whole way through, DS2 cried for me the whole time :()as soon as she was done, we got up, picked up our pics and left. Really kicking myself I didn't ask more.

That would annoy me to no end! I kept asking DH (we both looked away, she wrote it down) if she seemed at all unsure about it, and he said he didn't noticed anything. She checked twice, as she checked every other measurement twice, and didn't indicate to us at all that she had problems.

I would be so annoyed if my tech did that! Kept rushing and talking about how they needed to hurry up.

My sister was told she was having a boy with her second child and gave birth to a girl! It happens but its not common.

Hi there mrs_park I know this post is old but I was just curious did you end up having a boy or was it a girl like your instincts told you? 😊

Hi there mrs_park I know this post is old but I was just curious did you end up having a boy or was it a girl like your instincts told you? 😊

She had a boy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back