Anyone been told wrong gender?

maybebaby3

Proud mum of 4!
Reaction score
Had gender scan but baby rather uncooperative!!! Umbilical cord between legs. He is 99% sure boy tho. Going back free of charge next week to confirm. Has anyone been told one sex and then another at the next scan?

I've only heard of it happening when they do the really early sex scans

Not me personally but when I had my daughter I was on a ward with a lady who'd been told she was having a boy and had a girl!

I haven't but I have a friend who was told her second child was a girl (not an early scan and they said they were sure) but when she went into early labour she had the double sock that she had actually had a boy.

my cousin was told girl at the 20 week scan and went in again around 30 He was definitely a boy :) luckily she had left the price tags on all the dresses she bought so she could return them all. now she is having her 3rd boy and doesnt look like she will get her girl...just like me and my 3 girls with no boy.

I was told girl and reconfirmed today a girl. The sonographer said she'd never heard of anyone getting told the wrong gender and getting a surprise during a double check

My friend is pregnant at the moment. She was told it was a girl at her 20 week scan. She's having additional scans due to issues in a previous pregnancy and has just been told (at about 27 weeks) that it's actually a boy. If she hadn't had the additional scans she'd have been in for a shock!

Seems mainly if there is confusion it's when you're told girl. Guess boys can hide their bits :haha:

My friend was told girl at a very early scan. Then at her 20 week scan told a boy. Had a 3d scan at 30 weeks and its a girl. She had her on valentines day. The doctor said that umbilical cord was between legs at the 20 week scan.

Its happened to me in this pregnancy!

I went for an early scan at 14.5 weeks and was told boy.
My 20 week scan i asked if they could confirm and to my shock they said girl! I saw the shot there was nothing between the legs! I asked how sure she was and she said pretty sure however because it was nhs and they dont spend time looking for boys/girls parts...i decided to book another private one as i had bought all boys things.

I was 20 weeks when i went to the private sexing scan and he was most deffo a he! He must of been hiding his bits somehow :-O Scary!!! If i didnt have that early scan i think i would of just taken the girl as being correct at my anomaly scan!!

Wow! I think i am going to buy gender neutral for the hospital

My mom when she was pregnant w/ my sis, back in the late 80's. IDK what kind of half assed U/S she had back then, but she had a few, and I was there for her 6th month scan when the doctor told her "it's a boy". So my mom had the nursery ready for a boy and then my cute sister was born!

We've been told boys at every U/S (every 2 weeks until 22, then every week). I'm sure they would have notice by now if one was a girl.

We were told boy at 16 weeks, everything was still swollen and small so obviously dr thought there was a penis! But then confirmed at 20 weeks, 22 and 26 weeks she is ALL girl :)

Still got 4 days til the rescan :( going so slow! Just want to know one way or another

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->