Anyone bleeding/spotting on Fragmin/Clexane?

Arya80

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if any of the IVF or non IVF mums to be has been bleeding/spotting on Fragmin/Clexane injections and if yes, for how long? I am now 5weeks and 6 days pregnant and been started on Fragmin 5 days before the blasto FET and have to carry on on them for a while. Been bleeding & spotting every day since my :bfp: and am wondering if this bleeding will ever stop??:wacko: Just to put my mind at ease! :winkwink:

Any replies will be appreciated!
xx

I'm so glad I read ur post. Sounds like I am in the same situation as you. I am currently around 5 weeks and I have spotted/bled every day since my bfp.

I inject a 40 dose of clexane every evening and every morning - until lunch time I bleed lightly. Its been all colours, from brown to red - its so worrying, I have had my hcg tested and has been doubling (last tested thursday morning) I just hope its caused by the clexane and not a MC.

I am being scanned on Monday to see if they can see the cause of the bleeding and I hope they can see if the baby has attached in the right place too.

xx

Hi

And I'm so glad you've replied and that there is someone in the same situation as me!! :) :hugs: I've been struggling to find any information online re: bleeding on Fragmin in early pregnancy. My bleeding & spotting has been all colours, too (from brown a couple of days before the :bfp: when we thought it hasn't worked and that AF was on her way to red on the day of the :bfp: !! It really was nerve wracking as everyone says red blood is not good and I was bleeding red blood for over a week! Now it's back to brown lol

I inject Fragmin only once a day (5000iu in 0.2ml) in the evening but the bleeding is there all day (always when I go to the toilet).

Why have you been put on Fragmin if you don't mind me asking? For me it was to support the implantation and I think I will have to carry on on this until 12 weeks at least.

My HCG is doubling OK (although me and the hubby had a scare this morning due to the stupid Clear Blue Digital showing 1-2 weeks which means HCG below 200 & we thought we were losing our Bean. We dashed to the clinic to check the blood and my HCG was 4000 today - no idea why CB digi was saying it was below 200!!! :growlmad:

Please let me know how your scan goes. My scan is on Wednesday and hopefully we will be able to hear a little heartbeat!! :) It would be nice to stay in touch to see how our pregnancies progress on those evil injections! They do sting, don't they?? :)

xxx

Hey,

It's clexane I'm taking. This pregnancy is a result of a FET. I've had one mc from my first round of icsi which resulted in mc at 6 weeks. Then another bfp in may from round 2 icsi again ended in mc although earlier than the first time, just a few days after my bfp so it was a chemical. The consultant suggested clexane with aspirin. I also had an endometrial scratch too.

Those jags certainly do sting! My tummy is covered in bruises.

I'm not as far on as u so I'll not be seeing a heartbeat on Monday, but I'm hoping they will be able to put my mind at rest by showing me where the bleeding is coming from.

Defo stay in touch. Good to chat to someone in the same boat.

Xx

Hi

I had a FET, too. I've also heard that Fragmin /Clexane does help in women with a history of miscarriages and I'm sure everything will work out well for you!

I think the best thing for me & DH was that after our :bfp: we went to the chemist for Fragmin top up and by chance we spoke to a girl who was waiting for her Fragmin, too. By then I was around 4.5 weeks and she was 9 weeks pregnant. She said she's been bleeding everyday since BFP and few times she had some very heavy bleeding, too. But she showed me a picture from her 9 week scan and the baby was absolutely fine!!! I've been told that sometimes it is hard to locate the bleeding but those injections are blood thinners so they make everything look 10 times worse and it could be nothing! At least this is what I keep telling myself! :)

I'll keep you posted re: our scan, defo! :)

xx

hey hun, well today is my first day with no bleeding - im hoping this is a good sign.

Monday cant come quick enough!

Do you know how long the effects last for? I read somewhere that the effects only lasted for 12 hours. So I wondered if that was why I only bled up until around 12 hours from administering the Clexane? Do you bleed all day usually?

I am too scared to do another test in case its negative!

xxx

Hi Hun

So glad you had no bleeding today, it does sound like a good sign to me! especially that your HCG seems to doubling OK!! Not sure how long the effects last for. I bleed all day, not enough to fill a pad, but the blood is always there when I pee and when I wipe (too much information, sorry!). It's less than last week though and I hope it will stop at some point! :) Try to relax until Monday (I know it's easier said than done though!). Loads of hugs!! xxxx

Thanks hun. I started spotted last Friday and it got heavier every day, kind of peaked on Wednesday and got lighter each day. I haven't had my hcg tested since thursday so I just hope it hasn't dropped since then.

Ur bleeding sounds like mine, not enough to fill a pad either but it just seems soooo much more than spotting. it's the colour that scares me too! Are u also using crinone progesterone gel?

Fingers crossed ur bleeding stops too.
Xx

I think your HCG will be OK especially that you have checked it very regularly and all was going well. My clinic only tested my HCG at 11dp5dt and then on my request at 13dp5dt as my bleeding got heavier by then and I needed some reassurance. They have put me on a bed rest for 2 weeks but said that no more blood tests were required as my HCG was doubling OK. They just said the bleeding can be worse due to Fragmin and booked a 6 week scan for 2 weeks from my 2nd blood test. Those blood thinners that we are on also make every drop of blood look 10 times worse, sometimes when I peed, the loo was just totally red lol!! But then nothing or nearly nothing would be on a pad afterwards which made me feel better. the colour scared me, too (especially when it was bright red & had some clots!!).

I'm not on crinone gel myself but I take those evil progesterone pessaries (Cyclogest) twice a day. I am also on folic acid once a day, steroids: Prednisolone once a day, Adcal-D3 once a day and Progynova - oestrogen (3 tablets once a day). Plus Fragmin. I feel so drugged up!!! lol

All the best luck for tomorrow hun!! Let me know how it went xxx

hey hun,

Apologies for the delayed response - I have had a rough day!

So - I go for the ultrasound this afternoon and I saw a new consultant, she's new to the clinic too. It took ages for her to find anything then eventually she finds the gestational sac. She then checked my tubes and they were all clear. She went back to the sac and had trouble seeing things and eventually manages to measure the yolk sac at 2.6mm. She said it was too small and suspected I have had a very early mc. Not exactly what I was wanting to hear! I had some blood taken to make sure my levels had started to go down but my nurse called me back this afternoon to say they had gone up to 1350. The nurse said they hadn't quite doubled but they were within the range for doubling and at the right level for where I am. (5 weeks) Now I am really confused!

I have to go back on Wednesday for repeat bloods and another scan - the doc wants me in first thing so she can check my tubes again (Im confused by this because if she saw the gestational sac in my womb, how can I also have an ectopic) Also I have had no pain - and no sex either!! haaaa so an ectopic pregnancy would be an immaculate conception. I questioned this with the nurse and she said she didn't really know but she did feel it was far too early to see anything clearly and make and decisions. So she will check for growth and if its not grown they will refer me to my local EPU clinic as they have better scanners.

I'm feeling optimistic, dont know if thats good or bad? but nothing more I can do!

How about you? How is your bleeding, hope you are ok

x

Hi hun

Omg, this must have been a rough day indeed!!! I'm not sure how big the yolk sac should be at 5 weeks but I'd imagine it being fairly small anyway. I'm so sorry to hear that the consultant thought you had a very early mc! You must have been petrified to hear this, bless you! And then HCG nearly doubling instead of going up, how confusing! Gosh, what a day you had. HCG raising within the doubling range is a very good sign I think. And also the fact that you had no pain and no heavy bleeding. Fingers crossed!! I didn't have sex either since our ICSI and am soo horny, it's been nearly a month now!! lol

I will be thinking about you on Wednesday and will keep everything crossed for you! My scan is at 8.30am and I shall let you know how it went, too. Has your bleeding stopped altogether now? Mine is much smaller today, but still there. I'm just glad it's not getting worse.

Thinking of you! Make sure you have a nice & relaxing evening today xxx

Its all so confusing - I don't know what is going on and its more and more waiting to see if things improve. I've not even had a spot of blood since Friday afternoon. Thats a good sign your has eased up a bit too.

Is ur scan tomorrow morning?? Good luck hun and fingers crossed you get good news and everything looking good. Let me know how it goes.

Im trying to relax but feel like im on a non-stop emotional roller coaster that I cant get off!! LET ME OFF!!!

xx

Its all so confusing - I don't know what is going on and its more and more waiting to see if things improve. I've not even had a spot of blood since Friday afternoon. Thats a good sign your has eased up a bit too.

Is ur scan tomorrow morning?? Good luck hun and fingers crossed you get good news and everything looking good. Let me know how it goes.

Im trying to relax but feel like im on a non-stop emotional roller coaster that I cant get off!! LET ME OFF!!!

xx

I can imagine it's sooo confusing! Stay strong and positive though, HCG, no pain and cramps are all good signs imho! Fertility treatment are a massive roller coaster anyway, not to mention what you've been through today. I feel for you hun and keep my fingers crossed everything will work out well. We will have our scans on the same day - mine is on Wednesday too. 2 more sleeps and hopefully we will both get good news! xxx

I've been googling all night - looks like there is still some hope for me.

Well good luck for Wednesday too - im in first thing too.

xxx

I've been googling all night - looks like there is still some hope for me.

Well good luck for Wednesday too - im in first thing too.

xxx

I definitely think there is some hope for you, definitely!!! Try to relax now, have a warm bath or something and switch your computer off!! :) xxx

All the best luck for tomorrow hun. Thinking of you xxx

How did it go?? I'm still no further forward. She struggled finding my uterus!! I was propped up with 3 pillows and a couple of them had a go too!

She eventually found the sac but said it had grown but she felt was still too small. She said there is still some home but not looking good. :-(

I've had more blood taken so will get a better indication of things progressing or not.

Hope u got better news

Xxx

How did it go?? I'm still no further forward. She struggled finding my uterus!! I was propped up with 3 pillows and a couple of them had a go too!

She eventually found the sac but said it had grown but she felt was still too small. She said there is still some home but not looking good. :-(

I've had more blood taken so will get a better indication of things progressing or not.

Hope u got better news

Xxx

Hi. I'm so sorry to hear that you are no further forward :-( It must be so stressful for you. Why on earth did they struggle to find your uterus?? When will you have the blood results? There is still some hope I think, stay positive.

Our scan went really well today. Got to see our Little Bean measuring 3.2mm, attached in the right place etc! :) And a really strong heartbeat too! I am so relieved and over the moon! We will have another scan in a week due to the continuous bleeding but everything is looking well so far, fingers crossed!

I hope things will work out for you, too. Let me know when you have your blood results xxx

hey hun,

So glad for you :) Must have been such a relief to see the heartbeat. Could they see where the bleeding is coming from? I hope it stops soon and you go on to have an uneventful boring pregnancy!! (I mean that in the nicest possible way!)

I got my bloods results and they did rise but she was concerned they hadnt doubled. Back again tomorrow for more bloods and another scan. The consultant struggled to find my uterus because it was tilted and retroverted? I dont really know what it means or if it can change but I hope im not doing acrobatics tomorrow just to have a scan!

I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->