Anyone Bought Baby Things Before BFP?

jennifer89

Reaction score
My OH Says I Can't Buy Anything (Which Is Really Hard Considering I Work In Ethel Austins Which Sells Lots Of Baby Things!)

Even Though I Have Got A Few Things (Tops), And Chose My Pram (Not Bought)

And This Is Only My First Month TTC! Arghhh

Has Anyone Else Bought Anything For There UnConceviced!

Or Really Thought About It!

xx

No, I don't dare because it's bad luck :( I'm not even superstitious but some things I don't wanna mess with). Probably won't buy anything until 12 week scan and then go nutso, once bitten twice shy and all that. My friend bought me a recycled toy for xmas that is suitable from birth so I am keeping that to one side...

**EDIT** lol I chose my pram too :)

No, I don't dare because it's bad luck :( I'm not even superstitious but some things I don't wanna mess with). Probably won't buy anything until 12 week scan and then go nutso, once bitten twice shy and all that. My friend bought me a recycled toy for xmas that is suitable from birth so I am keeping that to one side...

**EDIT** lol I chose my pram too :)

:) I'm Not That Bad Then! It's Driving Me Nuts Looking At Nursery Patterns On Internet! I Think OH Would Hide The Laptop If He New!

I have about 5 neutral babygrows!!! Couldnt resist lol.

I haven't bought anything yet, but have most things picked out already, pram, cot etc.....I'm scared of actually buying anything in case I jinx myself! But I'm always buying pregnancy and baby magazines though, I just can't help it. :dohh:

Other then preg/baby magazines, I haven't 'bought' anything.. OH has a strict rule on spending anything until I am well and truely preggers! I don't however, have any rules against winning things, so find myself entering all sorts of competitions in the hope of getting stuff! :rofl: So far I've won a baby gro sleeping bag and a spin and explore gym! They're in our spare room in cupboards so I don't constantly see them.

Hi Priddy... I Bought Some Baby Grows Also! Silly Work! And Some Sleep Suits! There So Cute I Couldn't Help!

Hi Also minnie83 I Keep Looking at The Baby Magasines... Not Had The Courage To Buy One Yet Though! And I Have A Spread Sheet Of Prams, Moses Baskets, Themes Etc, With How Much Each Option Would Cost

*Damn That Man In Heaven For Making Ladies Like Planning!*

Other then preg/baby magazines, I haven't 'bought' anything.. OH has a strict rule on spending anything until I am well and truely preggers! I don't however, have any rules against winning things, so find myself entering all sorts of competitions in the hope of getting stuff! :rofl: So far I've won a baby gro sleeping bag and a spin and explore gym! They're in our spare room in cupboards so I don't constantly see them.

Well I Guess Thats One Good Way Of Getting Round The Rule! My OH Said When I Show Him A :bfp: I Can Buy All I Want... Till Then, I'm Hiding The Clothes!

I also buy an odd mag as you have to have the knowledge lol. I love browsing internet stuff to so im sure my collection will grow and at least im not coming up with the cash for things all at once that way!!! Thats my story im sticking with it!!!

I also buy an odd mag as you have to have the knowledge lol. I love browsing internet stuff to so im sure my collection will grow and at least im not coming up with the cash for things all at once that way!!! Thats my story im sticking with it!!!

Yes Good Tacktic For The OH, 'But I Need To Get It Now So I Spread The Cost Out'

Hehe! ToysRUs Are My Fav Site At The Moment! I Like Having Someone To Obsess With! With Him Its Talking To A Wall :D

I have also chosen my pram and car seat, but I haven't bought anything ...................... yet

Not actually bought anything yet but often find myself browsing in the Mothercare store, day dreaming about what I will buy when the time comes. I always feel really shifty when I'm in there though as if the shop assistants know I am not actually preggers yet and therefore shouldn't be in there :rofl:

x x

I have been pregnant before, but only early, and it never worked out. I have a lot of books about pregnancy, little tiny socks my mother gave me, a memory box for when I get pregnant (decorated) and have baby, and several baby blankets...:blush: So, needless to say, I'm worse than all of you put together :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love looking at baby things!!! I LOVE IT!!!

I love to buy for my pregnant friends and well recently someone said they were expecting so I went and bought : A baby spa (tub), and bottles.... well I came to find out she lied about being pregnant so I kept both things. lol

I have already chosen a nursery pattern for a boy and for a girl :rofl:

Nope, I'm afraid to even look at anything. I don't want to jinx it.

No I"M worse than all of you. I had a "baby box" before we were even ttc. It's one of those rubbermaid tubs that I keep in the basement :) I have periodically seen things that I thought I just couldn't live without (toys blankets etc) Last year my Grandmother went home to visit her brother in Scotland and brought back some BEAUTIFUL handknit items for us "when the time came". Then a couple months ago my mom gave me a sizeable shopping bag FULL of adorable stuff... girl only :rofl:
I think we're all neurotic. haha mental ilness... it runs deep in my family :rofl:

I have managed not to buy anything so far... although that doesn't mean I haven't been looking! I have pretty much chosen the pram I want.

We weren't going to have any more children, so have given away all of our baby stuff as Freya grew out of it. The only thing we still have is the cot because we borrowed that off a family member, so need to replace pretty much everything. It's annoying, because of the expense, but also fun because we get to look for stuff all over again. Plus we can learn from experience. For example I would never buy another 3 wheeled buggy. :)

hi
im a teacher so i cant help to buy books. I have a good collection of childrens books!! I also have a pink stretch and grow thing!! I bought that so i could look at it when i did my mediations and visulisations to help get pregg (hasnt worked so far thou lol)

i think as soon as i get the BFP i will be shopping every week..........a top here, booties there etc etc...........i cant wait cause i so loveeeeeeeeeeeee to shop!!
ness

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->