Anyone Bought Baby Things Before BFP?

Its bad luck to but anything before the 12 weeks scan!!! I am very superstitious!
x

I have a very sweet little fleecy 'all in one' hanging up in my wardrobe in between in all my nice grown up clothes. It's for a new born and has a really cute appliqued baby cow on it.

Everything else is picked out already I'm afraid and we're not quite TTC yet!

i am afraid i have to disagree with the people who are superstitious :)
what is meant to be is meant to be
if you have a miscarraige etc... it is not because you bought baby things too early
i have been ttc for 6 years and i have a spare room full of baby things i have nearly everythhing that i need and i am not even pregnant yet :) x x x x x

I am too scared to buy anything but I do keep looking at stuff online. I thinking of names all the time too and I have a good idea of what the nursery will be like.

i am afraid i have to disagree with the people who are superstitious :)
what is meant to be is meant to be
if you have a miscarraige etc... it is not because you bought baby things too early

well said!! :D

Well, I used to buy a load of stuff when I did nursery nurse training so I still have those - a few teddies and books.
I now have a subscription to Prima Baby magazine, I also got some free baby samples sent through :oops: ha
I have made a list of things I wanna buy as well!
Also - my mum is knitting me a baby blanket as well apparently - even though she knows we're not trying yet, but knows that we'll be trying later this year! She said she's gonna send it as soon as it's done so that we can put it away for when the time comes!!! :D

I have a couple of things, me and DH call eachother "fish" as a nickname.....(dont ask) anyway we were doing the grocery shopping the other week and in the baby section were some bibs and on one of them it had a picture of a fish and underneath it said "Mini Fish" meaning a little version of us lol.....we just couldnt resist. Oh and the other thing i saw in a shop a while ago was the cutest little china box that is shaped like a tooth and is made to look like a tooth with a face on it, to be used for when the teeth fall out and are left for the tooth fairy. Im an idiot i know, as i dont think kids loose their first set of teeth until about age 6 or 7 lol, so its gonna be in the cupboard for a very long time, but i just couldnt get over how cute it was and it was only $2 :rofl:

I know i asked but i haven't told what i have! so Here Goes!

-Newborn
White Knitted Cardigan

-0-3 Months
3 White Sleep suits
3 White S/S Vests
4 Dinosaur Themed Tops
Boys Jeans
3 Pairs Girls Tights

White Hat
Scratch Mittens

Jungle Themed Sun Visors

Also.... Picked Out My Pram, And The Nursery Theme

And this is only my first month trying.... oh dear!!!

I had baught alot of stuff as we were adopting but the adoption fell thru in the end so I gave what i bought away - one person hurt and heartbreak was a blessing to someone else and I loved the feeling I got from it

I'm not superstitous (sp) i too believe it's not in our hands

I've not been looking at baby clothes, prams, cots, etc. For me, I want to wait until I get that BFP - then would like to wait until I was at least 8 weeks I think. x x

Not intentionally! I got a set of baby grows for one of my friends babies and ended up keeping them because they are so cute. They were really bright colours and my friend is more of a pastel colour sort of person so I just had to keep them!

My dh thinks I'm saving them for another pregnant friend but they will just vanish till our wee one comes along.

Apart from that I WILL not buy anything else!! (Thats what I tell myself anyway)

OMG I thought I was the only crazy one! I haven't bought anything yet, but I've already looked at tons of baby clothes, toys, and furniture :rofl: I already know what kind of a nursery we'd set up for our first child. :dohh: I also know what kind of crib and stroller we want!

:blush:Havent "bought " anything. A friend of ours was getting rid of cradle carseat and stroller and gave to us since we are ttc. I have been really tempted to buy stuff but havent though I do have a mile long wishlist. Come on :bfp:

OMG I thought I was the only crazy one! I haven't bought anything yet, but I've already looked at tons of baby clothes, toys, and furniture :rofl: I already know what kind of a nursery we'd set up for our first child. :dohh: I also know what kind of crib and stroller we want!

i don't know how people don't look! i have a daily look and a list of what things are going to be in the nursery! also have the theme set out! i work in a clothes shop that sells baby clothes, so its really hard not too think about babies on a daily basis! especially now all the cute shorts and dresses are coming in! :) xx

i haven't bought anything yet apart from some books and magazines, doesn't mean i haven't looked though :blush:
think once I get my :bfp: I'll be out to buy one item, probably some little booties, to get it out of my system and then try to control myself until 12 week scan!

I have to say, I never thought about it when we started TTC and even when I fell pregnant, I refused to buy a single thing until I'd had my 12 week scan - I wouldn't even buy a baby name book, that was going to be my first purchase. Lucky for me I didn't because I found out at my scan that I'd miscarried. I couldn't have beared to have gone home and seen all the baby stuff. My sister did buy something for xmas for our baby but she's going to hold on to it until next time. I did actually surprise myself as I was so obsessed with testing early, buying loads of tests, etc, so I thought I'd be buying loads of stuff but I couldn't bring myself to do it x

I have already bought stuff but it was really good deals. I figure if it doesn't happen for us, I have other friends who are having babies or TTC and they will be able to use the stuff I have purchased.

My first pregnancy.. I just bought a baby book.. and was going to wait until I was 12 weeks.. because I had some early bleeding and just knew something "bad" was going to happen.. and at our 9 week scan found our babies (twins) with no heartbeats..

My sister in law had brought some of my nephews halloween.. thanksgiving and christmas outfits.. but that's all we have.. oh.. and some diapers that he grew out of.. Im looking forward to the next box she brings over.. LOL. I love baby clothes!

Hi Jenni!
I bought a Tigger babygro off e-bay before we were even ttc... Just because it was so cute! Ha ha.
xx

my hubby really is fighting the urge to buy some cute baby things he has seen while he away in canada, lol. i have told him that if he gets a phonecall saying yeah! he can buy some, lol, i think it would just hurt me getting them and maybe finding something wrong.
he gonna see about getting a sperm count done courtesy of army when he gets back, i have 2 that he has adopted, but we want our own so badly!

Hi Jenni!
I bought a Tigger babygro off e-bay before we were even ttc... Just because it was so cute! Ha ha.
xx

Awh :D

A friend from work has just had a baby, and shes only 4 weeks old and really tiny! Just makes me want one more!

20days till The :witch: and counting!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"