Anyone breastfeeding and wtt?

jolyn

Mam to 2, 1 of each
Reaction score
Hi, call us mad but me and DH have decided to get straight back into ttc. We always said we wanted 3 and now I'm getting to the point that I'm thinking I do actually want my life to get back to normal (work, social, etc) after having kids and if we wait another 3 years for the next one it'll be another 6 years before that can happen!

So our DS is 3 1/2 years and our DD is 8 weeks and now we're waiting for my fertility to return to start ttc our 3rd and probably final child. Only problem is I'm BFing so have no idea how soon my AF will begin again and how long it will take for my cycles to regulate again.

Is anyone else ttc or wtt whilst BFing or have any experiences they can share with me?

Also if anyone has any thoughts on possibly (or hopefully I should say) a close age gap? I know it will be extremely hard work, but I think it will all be worth it.

hullo :hugs:

I also have an 8-week-old and wtt. . .and breastfeeding! :happydance:

We are waiting until dd is 6 months old-to give my body time to recover from the c-section I had. We want babies close together so they can be playmates! I recently finished my first AF :dohh: so being super duper careful now!! :blush:

Good luck in your ttc journey! xx

I had friends that were 1 year apart, which means their parents concieved the youngest when the eldest was three months old, and they used to do everything together and also started clubbing together as their mum was calmer knowing they were 2 and didn't seperate... It was cool. I want them no more than two years apart but DH gets heatwaves when I start planning ahead... I want four so guess my plans: 8 years non stop!! He said we'll concentrate on #1 first and then see what happens... Oh well...
I encourage you to let your body recover completely and then go for it!!

I'm BF still OH wants to try for another one but i so just want to enjoy her first and then try again. I really hated being pregnant so i so want to be able to do some normal things and then ttc in a few years. Though im kinda starting to think like you are that if i take so much time inbetween them i'll be changing nappies for aaagggeees :lo:

Gah i cant decide :(
Maybe you should get some of the ovulation sticks and see??

hullo :hugs:

I also have an 8-week-old and wtt. . .and breastfeeding! :happydance:

We are waiting until dd is 6 months old-to give my body time to recover from the c-section I had. We want babies close together so they can be playmates! I recently finished my first AF :dohh: so being super duper careful now!! :blush:

Good luck in your ttc journey! xx

We'll have to keep in touch and see how things go. But of a contradiction to say on here :rofl: but ur lucky to get ur AF so soon whilst breastfeeding. Can't wait to get mine so we know where we are with ttc. Could be months before I know I'm ovulating again :cry:

Good luck hun x

I'm obviously not WTT any more, but I was breastfeeding Sam and waiting for my cycles to get back to normal for us to start trying for our second - I had my first period when Sam was 7 months, started charting straight away and ovulated a few days later than normal for me that month, but everything was back to normal after that and we conceived on our 3rd month of trying this time! Good luck! x

We are wtt and breastfeeding and i havent had af yet.
Ive been testing everyday with opk's for the past 3 weeks and no positives yet so im not sure whats happening with me!! Ive had some faint lines but none as dark as the control.
Somedays i think id love a bfp now then other days i think i must be mad wanting another one now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->