Anyone Breastfeeding? Or Breastfed?

ericacaca

TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm breastfeeding, but we're also NTNP. I've had no periods though since last year though....

I'm just a bit worried about how will I know if I'm pregnant or not? Has anyone gone through this before?

Will I have to just go with symptoms? instinct? numerous pregnanct tests? implantation bleeding?

Thanks ladies xxx

Usually when falling pregnant while breastfeeding you would have had a period already or you catch the ovulation before your first period was due to come back so it's very hard to pin point. I would suggest temping or checking cm (cervical mucus) because if your not ready to get your period back your wont ovulate therefore won't fall pregnant. If your still full time breastfeeding you might not get a period back for quite some time I got mine back 5 months ago and last cycle was the first cycle I ovulated as my body was getting back into the swing of things.

One of my friends fell pregnant while bfing and said she knew because all of a sudden bfing became excrutiatingly painful due to the tender nipples of pregnancy. But I think if you are truly ntnp, you should just go with the flow and let your body fall pregnant when it falls pregnant, not stress about testing or knowing right away. My baby girl is 5 months and I was really hoping af would stay away longer but no such luck. My cycle is pretty sporadic though. My last cycle was 53 days long! I'm staying completely relaxed about it though. I do keep track of when I observe ewcm so I have an idea of when I might expect af but I'm not timing bding or testing or anything like that for now.

I am EBFing and am just starting to NTNP, i have only had one period so far and that was at 7 weeks. no advise really i just plan on testing if i get any symptoms, but stalking to see other adiavise

I'm in the same boat except my daughter is 7 months tomorrow. She's on 3 solid meals a day and still no af for me. I don't think I could ever be pregnant and not know by 8 weeks max. But if I did I'm thinking less of the first tri worries can only be a bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->