Anyone considering rlt and epo after previous section?

BeautifulD

Mum to 3 and TTC #4
Reaction score
As the title says really!

I drank rlt in my daughters pregnancies and had amazing deliveries with super quick second stages. For instance with my second dd I went from five cm to her head crowning in one contraction :wacko:

Anywhoooo my son was a breechie so had to have a section with him!

Are any of you taking or considering taking rlt after section?

I'm planning on taking epo from this week, ds was an emcs due to failure to progress... Rlt I'm not too sure on x

There's conflicting thoughts on the rlt. I say that, I've read one thread that said not to but many that have said they've done it or going to do it :shrug:

I'm taking the RLT at the moment but I'm just in the process of looking at information on the EPO. I did a search and came across this thread :)

I would do some google research to look for some stats regarding RLT & section.

My thought would be as its a uterus toner it would help strengthen your uterus for a vbac but of course im no doctor :) hope you find some good sources to help you out.

Well unfortunately we found out baby is Breech again so it's another section for me :(

Oh no! I'm sorry about that. Do you have a section date yet?

Yeah the scheduled me in straight after the scan for the 2nd Dec. And because I've had a previous section (he was also breech) there is no other option, I'm gutted really as it means I have to stay away from my kids much longer and I've never been away from my little boy :(

I'm so sorry :hugs:

Do you have someone who will take great care of your son? Just think how excited he will be for a little sibling just in time for christmas :)

Hello ladies what's rlt and what is it suppose to do? X

Rlt is raspberry leaf tea and it works to tone the uterus and makes the second stage of labour faster and more efficient. Have a google on it hun :)

Mummy - Yes I do its just I'm going to miss his little face SO much!
I'm hoping I'll be first on the list so will get in and out as quickly as possible, everyone is saying just take your time but I think I'll rest and heal much better if I'm at home with my babies and hubby x

Spoke to my MW about this and she said not to take RLT as I shouldn't have anything that irritates or puts pressure on the uterus after having had a previous section.

My baby is breech at the moment too. Hoping he will turn in time so I don't have to have another section.

Its funny how they all differ isn't it? My consultant said it would be fine. Then again she also told me baby was head down haha. I hope your lo turns hun x

Hey D! We can be breech buddies since I'm scheduled for my section the day after you. I'm sorry you couldn't do a vbac though. I had my heart set on a vaginal birth, but I'm starting to wrap my head around getting the c-section since there's not one doctor around here who would attempt to deliver my footling breech vaginally :(

My midwife said to stop drinking the tea until I deliver, but she said that I should hold onto it and can start drinking some right after the surgery because it will help my uterus contract sooner and "clear things out" faster...so I might try that, as long as it doesn't do anything negative to my breast milk...

Hey Randa :hugs:
Eh we're in the same boat, not one consultant will deliver my breechie either thanks to my previous section.

Do you know I was going to do that too. I think rlt can help with milk supply too? Im sure I read that somewhere!

iv also read RLT is good for your milk production :)

Iv been taking EPO and RLT a couple weeks now :) Im hoping i can go naturally before my date as im opting for another section i think. I wanted a VBAC badly till i found id have to be induced due to GD. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->