• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

Aww Kelly i agree! Its so hard isn't it being t1 and pregnant, i think i went insane most days lol, you just wish you had the normal morning sickness/achey legs etc. Are you on facebook? if so theres a really good group called The Sugar Mummy, its for diabetic mums/mums to be, not a huge amount of members but quite busy!

Since having our baby i've really struggled with my night time levels, i'm only on levemir so no pump (yet but going to ask if i can apply asap as i think this will solve it) in the daytime my levels run decent 4-6.5mmol fasting, but from 8pm-10am i'm always between 10-14mmol, i'm always correcting at night because of this as i feel so rubbish when its high. I spoke to a DSN on the phone yesterday but to be honest it was a waste of time as she just told me not to worry unless i get ketones, but i don't want to be running high all night every night! Started a week after i'd given birth, i can't understand it? Thought it might be lack of sleep but when OH helps in the night it was still high. I don't want to have to be doing 4hourly corrections its a pain but at the same time i can't leave it high all the time..

Since having our baby i've really struggled with my night time levels, i'm only on levemir so no pump (yet but going to ask if i can apply asap as i think this will solve it) in the daytime my levels run decent 4-6.5mmol fasting, but from 8pm-10am i'm always between 10-14mmol, i'm always correcting at night because of this as i feel so rubbish when its high. I spoke to a DSN on the phone yesterday but to be honest it was a waste of time as she just told me not to worry unless i get ketones, but i don't want to be running high all night every night! Started a week after i'd given birth, i can't understand it? Thought it might be lack of sleep but when OH helps in the night it was still high. I don't want to have to be doing 4hourly corrections its a pain but at the same time i can't leave it high all the time..

Thanks for that I will have a look on Facebook for it...my sugars haven't been too great since giving birth and that 4 months ago :wacko:
I'm on a pump as you know so I'm back to tweeking all my basal rates throughout the day, I've found my morning sugars are higher again and 3am bloods too, I sometimes wonder if its because I am a little heavier in weight than I was pre preg and needing more insulin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"