Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

Hi ladies, haven't had a chance to read this thread all the way through, but I just wanted to say how incredibly excited I am to find it!
I'm a 27 year old type 1, diagnosed 23 years ago. Currently TTC baby #1, last hba1c was 6.2 ( my lowest ever). Slightly terrified at the diabetes aspect but hopeful it will all work out.
Off to trawl the whole thread now!

So just wondering, my post meals are always a little high around 8.8 (158) to 10.9 (196) even when my insulin is increased my fasting is always going up every morning but before lunch and dinner they are ok, I nealy have to adjust at every meal but not really confidient that I should be doing that, instead they are above the cut off at every meal and bedtime!!
I am wondering what effect this is having on the baby on my last babies I might get one or two higher readings and when insulin adjusted they are back to my allowed levels but this time we adjust I might get one good reading and then they are high again! sick of seeing them high! worried now baby will have problems with low blood sugars when delivered or am I ok!

I was expecting them to start to even out like last time and was hoping I would need less insulin !!

Am I over worring are these numbers ok !

Welcome over Elizabean, good luck in TTC, thats a brill hba1c :)

Celtic how are you? This thread is quiet lately, alot of my 1hours are around the 10mmol mark, in terms of growth he is in between the 50th and 90th centile, i was told its prolonged highs which are worse, do you wait a while before eating after injecting or do you eat straight away? I find i can keep my 1hour around the 8mmol mark if i wait 15minutes or so, but if i aim for under 8 one hour i can guarantee a hypo within 10 minutes despite snacking so my DSN just told me to keep 2hourly readings decent as its safer.
Have they given you an induction date yet x

Welcome over Elizabean, good luck in TTC, thats a brill hba1c :)

Celtic how are you? This thread is quiet lately, alot of my 1hours are around the 10mmol mark, in terms of growth he is in between the 50th and 90th centile, i was told its prolonged highs which are worse, do you wait a while before eating after injecting or do you eat straight away? I find i can keep my 1hour around the 8mmol mark if i wait 15minutes or so, but if i aim for under 8 one hour i can guarantee a hypo within 10 minutes despite snacking so my DSN just told me to keep 2hourly readings decent as its safer.
Have they given you an induction date yet x

hey ya :thumbup: I am not bad at all :flower:
Baby seems to be an average size for dates, which is a first for me so far! they have not really said exactly what weight they expect, I must ask on tuesday, induction could be wednesday the 31 or the following week my doctor is gas he said I will see you at 38 weeks and make a plan :haha::dohh:

I am finding my 2 hour is still a bit high so I am on insulin for that as well but like you I will go hypo between morning and afternoon and then before dinner I am meant to have a snack but skip one as then I am high before I eat! which puts me really high then after!

I normally inject and then eat my meal! do you inject and then wait 15 minutes to eat! I was so expecting my insulin need to decrease now like the last few times not increase LOL ya just can not win

Its hard isn't it, i sometimes wait 15 minutes before eating (usually in the morning when i'm mostly resistant) but i'm always abit wary when OH is at work as i'm panicky of hypos, my 1hour this morning was 10.8 but came crashing down to 5 within 15 minutes so i think its just a case of it can't be helped, i struggled with this problem last time round but i think the heat is making me drop lately.
Not long to go for you i bet you can't wait now! Hopefully my turn in 4 weeks i think i will find out at my 36 week scan a proper date, hopefully as i'm impatient!

Its hard isn't it, i sometimes wait 15 minutes before eating (usually in the morning when i'm mostly resistant) but i'm always abit wary when OH is at work as i'm panicky of hypos, my 1hour this morning was 10.8 but came crashing down to 5 within 15 minutes so i think its just a case of it can't be helped, i struggled with this problem last time round but i think the heat is making me drop lately.
Not long to go for you i bet you can't wait now! Hopefully my turn in 4 weeks i think i will find out at my 36 week scan a proper date, hopefully as i'm impatient!

I am nearly there :happydance: it is gas they were much better today, 7.3 after eating this morning, mind you an hour later and I was 3 :dohh: and took a while to correct it self! I was busy cleaning my DD bedroom at the time! but yea the heat is not helping here as well!!! soooo hot

I am so looking forward to it now can not wait either!! wont be long coming around for you either! keep busy!! :flower:

So I was worring over bloodsugars being high and they have done a complete uturn max reading since before dinner is 3.8 and that was after dinner.

But as well as that baby was super quite this morning and would not move so came in to get checked. Trace was good but when doctor came to check me she did a scan and he would not move at all so kept in so they can do more traces to see how he is doing so far so good more movement's tonight

I wonder if it is any thing to do with my blood sugars dropping

Oh that's good news. Glad you're home. Look after yourself xxx

Ahh i would of thought they'd of just induced you with you being full term anyway, glad you are both doing okay though thats the main thing! xxx

Celtic by now you must have had your baby? Hope everything went well.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to see if I can get a pump - its quite a long appointment so will see what happens - I think I will still have to do a few things (been learning carb counting by myself recently and have dropped my insulin a lot since learning that - which is preventing lots of lows)

080509 you are almost there - will you get more info at your 36 week appointment?

Oooh good luck with the pump! Really hope they will give you one, i've heard so many good things, especially when it comes to night time bloods with the dawn phenomenon, this has been my main problem in pregnancy and it would of been so much better with one i think.
1 week til my appointment/scan, they should give me an induction date, really hope so!x

Edit- just seen i'm on my last baby on the ticker :)

Tankit good luck with getting the pump :flower:

I am still here lol I had my appointment today and they were going to wait eeek because baby is a normal size which is great but can I have him now before he is to big lol

Any way doctor decided to do a sweep and if I do not go my self I am induced on friday morning so relieved I have been worried about the placenta :happydance:

Tankit good luck with getting the pump :flower:

I am still here lol I had my appointment today and they were going to wait eeek because baby is a normal size which is great but can I have him now before he is to big lol

Any way doctor decided to do a sweep and if I do not go my self I am induced on friday morning so relieved I have been worried about the placenta :happydance:

Good luck for friday if you don't go earlier!!! :)

Woohoo glad they gave you a date! Not long to go whether you go in labour yourself or not, good luck, i bet you can't wait xxx

Woohoo glad they gave you a date! Not long to go whether you go in labour yourself or not, good luck, i bet you can't wait xxx

I can not wait at all!!! trying to keep my self busy!! feeling loads of pressure though so hope that is going to help come friday :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->