Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

Woohoo glad they gave you a date! Not long to go whether you go in labour yourself or not, good luck, i bet you can't wait xxx

Hi there :) I keep popping my head round to see how you are getting on, last stretch now then you can start to get bk to normal (as normal as it can be anyway)
I went for my first eye check up yesterday after all the laser I was having looks like it paid off because he said they seemed to be bk to normal with no major changes!!!:happydance:
We have decided to have another....next year though!!!
Think I will wait a while before I tell my diabetes team, I fancy a years break from them all :haha:

Hpe you are well and its not going too bad for you, these last weeks are fustrating as you know, keep going won't be long now then you will have your beautiful baby to hold :flower:

Thanks hun! Doing ok, really hope they will induce me at 38 weeks on the friday, i'm soooo tired of all this now, i know diabetes is for life but everytime i get a rubbish reading i feel so guilty, i've got my last eye check up (for who knows how long) on the 16th, can't believe i've had 4 this pregnancy! They all come back with "some slight diabetic changes" but never anything after that, i will be glad to have a rest from keep seeing them all too, but i don't know about you but do you find once you've had your baby they don't care? I mean last time i didn't see them at all until i told them i became pregnant, so i went 7months without a phone call or anything, i don't mind as its abit of a trek down there and finding someone to look after the LO's, but sometimes it would be nice to see how we are getting on.
I'm glad everything looks better with your eyes, thats brilliant news! xxx

Celtic good luck for tomorrow! Thats come round quick, pressure is also a good sign, i hope it means something anyway as i'm walking like i'm going to pop a penguin out any minute! haha, let us know how you go on and i hope all goes smoothly xx

Celtic good luck for tomorrow! Thats come round quick, pressure is also a good sign, i hope it means something anyway as i'm walking like i'm going to pop a penguin out any minute! haha, let us know how you go on and i hope all goes smoothly xx

I will do :flower: had loads of mucus this morning but all quite LOL I say it will all help tomorrow and I will let you all know :happydance:

I think I need to get my eyes checked, my eyesight has gotten worse this time I need my glasses all the time now :dohh:

Thanks hun! Doing ok, really hope they will induce me at 38 weeks on the friday, i'm soooo tired of all this now, i know diabetes is for life but everytime i get a rubbish reading i feel so guilty, i've got my last eye check up (for who knows how long) on the 16th, can't believe i've had 4 this pregnancy! They all come back with "some slight diabetic changes" but never anything after that, i will be glad to have a rest from keep seeing them all too, but i don't know about you but do you find once you've had your baby they don't care? I mean last time i didn't see them at all until i told them i became pregnant, so i went 7months without a phone call or anything, i don't mind as its abit of a trek down there and finding someone to look after the LO's, but sometimes it would be nice to see how we are getting on.
I'm glad everything looks better with your eyes, thats brilliant news! xxx

Completely agree that we get neglected when not pregnant!! He hardly looked at my eyes and just swirled in his chair and told me to come back in 4 months...Yes I got the feeling I was no longer carrying a baby lol

And my diabetic team have dropped the weekly calls now and I ring them if I need them so yes I think your right but then it is nice not to be pestered :flower:

I'm actually thinking of not telling them I'm pregnant until at least 8 weeks next time as long as there are no major problems of course and I am coping ok xx

Celtic congrats on the birth of your baby! Not doing a good job chasing up on people around the boards - hope the birth went well!

080509 you are so close now. Thinking of you and hoping it all goes well.

I feel happy with the diabetic team I have moved to - waiting for the pump now and doing all the carb counting and multiple emails to the team about how things are going. Having few hypos now which is good though still working on ratios. They say I have done a good job teaching myself and that things look better already after only 2 weeks with them. DH has come round to "we can adopt" so a third is somewhere in the picture and the diabetic team want him there to learn the pump too so hopefully they can persuade him that having a third will be less dangerous and that they and I will take care of me rather than him having to. Now I just have to wait for that pump... come on stupid medical aid! and get my hba1c down but that will come if things carry on like they have been.

Hope you are both well, sorry not been on much in the past couple of weeks as laptop went haywire and my phone isn't so good on this site, being induced friday! Can't wait now but also panicking lol, we are all prepared but i'm just hoping its a quick induction/labour and all goes well xx

Hope you are both well, sorry not been on much in the past couple of weeks as laptop went haywire and my phone isn't so good on this site, being induced friday! Can't wait now but also panicking lol, we are all prepared but i'm just hoping its a quick induction/labour and all goes well xx

good luck for friday :happydance:

Hope your induction went well :) xxx

Hey ladies quick update! Our little (or not so little!) boy was born on saturday morning, weighing 9lb4! So glad i didn't go 2 weeks over! We had to stay in SCBU until weds as he had low sugars and he had a temperature and rapid pulse when born, but he's fine now and i love being his mummy! Our 3 year old is smitten with him but our 15 month old hasn't a clue lol, hope all is well with everyone xxx

Hey ladies quick update! Our little (or not so little!) boy was born on saturday morning, weighing 9lb4! So glad i didn't go 2 weeks over! We had to stay in SCBU until weds as he had low sugars and he had a temperature and rapid pulse when born, but he's fine now and i love being his mummy! Our 3 year old is smitten with him but our 15 month old hasn't a clue lol, hope all is well with everyone xxx

huge congrats and well done :happydance: enjoy every minute now :thumbup:

Thanks! I love having all 3 of them its amazing, i can't believe its been over a week since he was born, its been such a strange week as i've never had SCBU babies :( it was lovely being able to take him home wednesday, but been very weird having all the nurses coming every day until now, normally its just the midwife we see the day after we come home so been abit hectic! Hope all is well with you :)

Thanks! I love having all 3 of them its amazing, i can't believe its been over a week since he was born, its been such a strange week as i've never had SCBU babies :( it was lovely being able to take him home wednesday, but been very weird having all the nurses coming every day until now, normally its just the midwife we see the day after we come home so been abit hectic! Hope all is well with you :)

Massive congrats!!!! :happydance:

Glad everything well, hope your feeling well too xx

Congrats 080509! :hugs:

Kellyrae - you're ambitious with the new ticker! (Although I can't blame you and am fairly broody all over again(OH is worse than I am btw)) But the hospital have told me to give them some time to recover before I start TTC again - they've gone grey over the last 12mth! lol (*sarcasm alert* Personally, it wasn't that tough for me, so it was obviously harder on them than me!:dohh:)

Your little girls look so cute in your avatar pic!

080509 - enjoy little man while he is tiny - I can't believe the last 3mths with my LO have gone so quick - He needs to stop growing so fast! :cry:

Congrats 080509! :hugs:

Kellyrae - you're ambitious with the new ticker! (Although I can't blame you and am fairly broody all over again(OH is worse than I am btw)) But the hospital have told me to give them some time to recover before I start TTC again - they've gone grey over the last 12mth! lol (*sarcasm alert* Personally, it wasn't that tough for me, so it was obviously harder on them than me!:dohh:)

Your little girls look so cute in your avatar pic!

080509 - enjoy little man while he is tiny - I can't believe the last 3mths with my LO have gone so quick - He needs to stop growing so fast! :cry:

It is rather ambitious I know lol I wish I didn't have to wait to be honest am so broody!! And so is my husband surprisingly....watch this space!!!
Glad your little one is doing well....and your dead right they are growing waaaay too fast, I don't know where theses weeks are going, she will be crawling soon.....:wacko: xx

Congrats 080509!

It is rather ambitious I know lol I wish I didn't have to wait to be honest am so broody!! And so is my husband surprisingly....watch this space!!!
Glad your little one is doing well....and your dead right they are growing waaaay too fast, I don't know where theses weeks are going, she will be crawling soon.....:wacko: xx

I was absolutely flabbergasted when OH turned around to me (we were in the car on the way home from hospital) and says "do you fancy trying for another one?" he only bloody meant in the imminent future! At which point I crossed my legs, held my stomach (after the EMCS) and would have slapped him if he'd not been driving!

I have to admit that I'm feeling broody again and would love for LO to have a baby brother/sister, but I'm going to wait a while and hopefully find a new job before I'm due to return in June and work the 6mth to qualify for maternity pay before I start TTC again - If I can wait that long! lol

Good luck with TTC, I hope everything goes well! :flower:

I'm not even broody, you know the weird thing is with Jayden and Finley i missed my bump straight away, this pregnancy was really rough though, but every symptom/pain/hypo/hyper was sooooo worth it and i'd do it all over again for them!

Over 2 weeks old already, it goes so fast, love doing the nursery run with them all, its so hectic in here especially when it comes to 5pm and they are overtired lol. xx

Just looking through some of our tickers on here and I personally think us as diabetics haven't done too bloody bad really, considering the risks and extra hard work we all have to put in for our babies, not to just to be healthy but the planning and pre pregnancy guidelines we try to keep to to make it completely through the whole 9 months and after without any major problems!!!!
We should be proud of ourselves and take some credit :thumbup:

Well done old and new diabetic mummys....

:laundry::dishes::iron::hangwashing::brat::wine: keep going!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->