Anyone doing SW from home? Tea ideas

cupcaker

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been following the slimmingworld plan. I decided NOT to join the group (no time, expense, and live in town where I don' t want the whole world to know my business, I teach most of my town's kids and LOADS of parents attend the group).

I bought the starter pack off Ebay, spoke to seasoned slimmingworlders at work, triple checked things online/forums, and am now even more glad I didn't fork out... I seem to have found out everything I want to know about how to follow the plan.

I've just passed week 6 and have lost 9lb. I know this is not the amazing 'first losses' some people get with SW but I don't have a lot to lose, I'm generally a healthy weight just want to slim off a bit. I'm back at pre baby weight but could do with a bit more off (I wasn't perfect pre baby, a size 12 with a wobbly tummy I guess).

I do love the plan and am eating really well. I realise now just how much "shove it in the oven" crap we did buy/eat.

I'd love any tips on tea time meal ideas. Mostly we are on a cycle of:

chilli-con-carne
cottage pies (both with lots of veg bulk)

jacket spuds (maybe tuna, prawn)

"smash" chicken style goujons with wedges/veg

beef casseroles (syned to use my fav packet mix)

. I do eat the superfrees etc, but can't stand the thought of a proper 'tea' meal being a salad alone. I do require some hot bulk!

What kinds of tea do you do? I have tried a couple of recipes online (the SW morroccan meatballs from the website, didnt think they were very flavoursome) and a lasagne recipe from a blog promised to be amazing (seemed to cost me the earth and tasted appauling). lol.

Cooked breakfast and chips, yes for tea.
Mixed grill
Jackets with cheese and bacon mixed in then put back in the oven.
So juicy chicken in a bag things with mash and veg.
Tonight having a BBQ chicken drumsticks and chips. (Slimming world chips obvs)
Fish, chips, mushy peas
Roast dinners
Pork loin with a mustard and lemon topping with roast veg
Shepherds pie
Sticky chicken (sw recipe) really nice
Coca cola chicken (again sw recipe really nice)
Stews
Massive plate of eggs chips and beans when I'm feeling lazy.

I always try to put salad of veg on the side.

Beth_terri - What are the syns like with the so juicy bags?

What's the smash chicken? We tend to do our normal meals just slimming world versions :)

Last night I had chips, gammon, egg and some veg on the side.

I've also just had some pasta with quorn mince and tinned tomatoes :)

Thanks for the input!

Beth_terri - What are the syns like with the so juicy bags?

What's the smash chicken? We tend to do our normal meals just slimming world versions :)

Smash chicken- strips of chicken, dipped in egg and rolled in well seasoned smash flakes. You can add mixed dried herbs, or chilli flakes, garlic or whatever to it and roll it in. It sounds vile. But when you bake in the oven, with maybe a few spritzs of frylight over the top they end up like breaded goujon type things and do NOT taste of smash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->