Anyone drinking protein shakes?

xpinky

Reaction score
I know for a fact I'm not getting enough protein. There are so many protein suupplements out there which one do you take? I did some research online and came across one called Jay Robb. What are your thoughts?

I bought the bluebonnet protein shake a while back and asked if it would be safe to be taken during pregnancy and i was told yes. I haven't drank any since bfp but I'm planning to ask my ob though I mainly only drink it after a workout session.

check the ingredient list of whatever you choose, it's really best of it has the fewest ingredients.

when I was researching I read about some women who drank whey protein during pregnancy due to protein deficiency but best to ask your care provider.

Whey protein is the best for you. I drink them sometimes.

I drink shaklee's 180. It's a nutritionally balanced shake, so everything is in there, plus lots of protein!

I work at a vitamin store and when it comes to taste Jay Robb is the best by a long shot (not the egg white ones though...they're not as good, just the whey). I have access to all sorts: Bluebonnet, Natural Factors, Sunwarrior, Garden of Life...etc and I will always choose Jay Robb or Natural Factors for taste. My new thing is drinking the Orgain refrigerated shakes. They're basically meal replacement shakes that have 16 grams if protein and keep me going when I get those hunger pangs between breakfast and lunch. I only like the chocolate one though. The coffee one is chunky (gross!) And the vanilla one is too sweet for me...and the strawberry...well I usually don't like strawberry things that you drink and am not brave enough. Another one that's good are the Oh Yeah! Protein drinks...just steer clear of the cookies and cream one, it is NASTY! I believe those are lactose free (not whey), so if you have a lactose intolerance they're a tasty option.

Thanks for the feedback ladies! I'm going to try the Jay Robb one since it's organic. Do you mix it with water or milk?

You can use either. Water will make it taste "watered down" and milk it may not mix as good in. Honestly try almond milk or coconut milk. It will mix great and not interfer with the taste. Also you can get them in vanilla flavor which is so good. Especially on cereal :)

Do you add one cup of almond milk or a little more? I already think the ensure is a little too thick!

It won't be too thick. The package says to mix 12 oz with one scoop. That's what I do and aside from the taste or color you can't really tell there's a mix added into it. Not thick at all. I would suggest getting a blender bottle if you don't already have one. They work so well at mixing them all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->