anyone else announcing over the holidays?

sma1588

mommy 2 kaydence
Reaction score
we have told a few people and only a few family members know we r expecting our 2nd . we plan to tell people at thanks giving. im planning on putting my daughter in a shirt that says big sister under a button up with some cowgirl boots, having her pull open the top shirt to show the big sister shirt. then putting a little pair of cowboy boots next to her boots and doing the years in chalk maybe one of us holding the ultrasound pic and putting all 3 pics on one.

how r u telling everyone ?

We are telling our parents over Thanksgiving. My in-laws live far away, so we're sending them a card (we'll do the same for my parents, we'll just be there in person to see their reactions.) We're going to take a photo of our feet, our two dogs' paws, and baby shoes all in a line and print that on a card.

We're telling everyone else the week after. I'm a filmmaker, so we're going to make a short video announcement. We're huge fans of a sports team in our city, and I have a shirt I can't wait to wear that says "future fan coming soon!" We're going to make a video incorporating that shirt, and I'm excited to get started on it. Hoping maybe the team itself will see the video if I market it well enough. ;)

Best of luck with your announcement!

how cute! love the idea..... so exciting yet stressfull

We're sharing on St. Nick's Day. (Dec 6th) Our daughter will be wearing a shirt that says Big Sister and she will be opening up her stocking that will have a baby doll in it. We'll be 13 weeks roughly at that point.

We will be telling the family that doesn't already know on Thanksgiving. I am showing enough it will probably be obvious, but maybe I'll buy a special shirt about being thankful? DH's parents already know, as do my sisters, that's it. My dad and his gf don't know, but it isn't as if we are close. Also the grandparents don't know.

We just told people. My father in law died recently, and we found out I was pregnant the day of his funeral. Considering the way my father in law died it was something my husband needed, and we could not contain ourselves.

I think for some families it may have been an inappropriate time to tell, but for us it was a ray of joy.

For my friends, though, I have been considering a pic of the ultrasound followed by "so apparently the 'pull out method' is not an effective means of birth control". They will know I kid, of course. :)

We will be telling the family that doesn't already know on Thanksgiving. I am showing enough it will probably be obvious, but maybe I'll buy a special shirt about being thankful? DH's parents already know, as do my sisters, that's it. My dad and his gf don't know, but it isn't as if we are close. Also the grandparents don't know.

yah same here im also kinda showing especially in the evening. but I found a ruffly shirt that hides it well. that's the shirt I will wear so they don't guess right away. its the same for us my mom and dad know as well as his and his bro and sis. ( his sis is 5 days behind me ) that's pretty much it... cant wait to see how it goes

We just told people. My father in law died recently, and we found out I was pregnant the day of his funeral. Considering the way my father in law died it was something my husband needed, and we could not contain ourselves.

I think for some families it may have been an inappropriate time to tell, but for us it was a ray of joy.

For my friends, though, I have been considering a pic of the ultrasound followed by "so apparently the 'pull out method' is not an effective means of birth control". They will know I kid, of course. :)

so sorry to hear about that but im glad u guys had a little happiness that day as well. that would be funny if your friends all have that sence of humor I know I would laugh but then be like so its an ooops baby ?

I plan on telling around christmas. atm no one knows but my husband and I!

We're sharing on St. Nick's Day. (Dec 6th) Our daughter will be wearing a shirt that says Big Sister and she will be opening up her stocking that will have a baby doll in it. We'll be 13 weeks roughly at that point.

so cute!

I like everyone's ideas :)

I have my announcement ready but am struggling when is the right time. I had told myself 12 weeks but I'm 13 weeks today. I'm just not ready to announce I guess. Our immediate family knows... my mom, and siblings.. his mom and his siblings.

We plan to tell my DH's family at Christmas and my family at Thanksgiving. I will probably just try to slip it into casual conversation with my family. But I want to do something more fun and creative for Christmas.

We announced I was pregnant on Christmas 2012 as well. We made two "big brother" shirts for my son, wrapped them up and had him open the gift in front of everyone. I love that idea, but I want to do something different this time around. Maybe something with a picture like some of you are doing. I also kind of want to do something related to the number 3 since this will be our third. Maybe I'll just write the number 3 on all our gift tags and see if anyone catches on. Haha!

so sorry to hear about that but im glad u guys had a little happiness that day as well. that would be funny if your friends all have that sence of humor I know I would laugh but then be like so its an ooops baby ?

Oh, all our friends know we were TTC and I was on clomid. We had gone on a trip to Europe and a few guessed I would come back pregnant. Then my father in law died suddenly and we cut our trip short and rushed home and they said again they thought I would be pregnant. So I feel like they knew before I did. :p

Hopefully we will be putting a scan picture in with their Christmas cards.

My dh and I are expecting our first. I found out at 4 weeks and we told our parents and siblings right away... Just because we see all of them on a day to day basis and we are just so excited. We are letting the news out to everyone around Christmas, because I'll be over that third month bump. I plan on taking a picture in front of the Christmas tree with a big ribbon and tag around my bump that says "do not open until June 2015" and we plan on sending that out (after I call my grandparents... They don't need a heart attack opening an envelope) LOL. My mom is saying I should call my aunts and uncles too before sending them a picture but... Idk, is doing that necessary? I mean what's the point of a cute announcement photo then?

My dh and I are expecting our first. I found out at 4 weeks and we told our parents and siblings right away... Just because we see all of them on a day to day basis and we are just so excited. We are letting the news out to everyone around Christmas, because I'll be over that third month bump. I plan on taking a picture in front of the Christmas tree with a big ribbon and tag around my bump that says "do not open until June 2015" and we plan on sending that out (after I call my grandparents... They don't need a heart attack opening an envelope) LOL. My mom is saying I should call my aunts and uncles too before sending them a picture but... Idk, is doing that necessary? I mean what's the point of a cute announcement photo then?

Exactly. I wouldn't call unless you were worried how they'd take the shock, which I see for grandparents but aunts and uncles? Nah let them be shocked :winkwink:

Me and my oh didn't tell anybody when I was pregnant with our first. Then for Christmas when i was 11 weeks we put a scan photo in a photo frame that said "baby's first Christmas", we wrapped it up and let my mum and dad open it on Christmas Day. Nobody knew we were even trying so it was a bit of a shock I think.

Only immediate family know on mine and OH's side. I should be having my '12 week scan' in 4-5 weeks so depending on how things are rest of the family will find out just before Christmas.

we plan on announcing at christmas although i will only just be almost 10 weeks, i'm having an early ultrasound to check things out

we were thinking of doing a receipt but for the Stork INC :p and saying their package will be delivered on my edd :)

These are all super cute ideas! I love them. I dont think I can make it til Christmas because I think I will be showing by then. (Second pregnancy and I will be almost 12 weeks at Christmas).

I saw a cute shirt with two birds wearing santa hats and it says "Big Brother" on it. Thought that would be cute and he could really wear it before Christmas. Scan is on Dec 3 and if everything goes well, we will likely tell our parents soon after that. We could potentially have our DS wearing the shirt even though it will be a couple weeks before Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->