anyone else been high risk??

sineady

S,L,J,PS
Reaction score
So had my booking in app today and the midwife told me my pregnancy is classed as high risk because I had an emergency c-section with my son 5 years ago. Does this mean I will be able to have a normal birth this time? (Wanted it to be as natural as possible due to crappy time I had with my son) or I will have have a section again? Also said I will see a consultant throughout my pregnancy and they will decide how long I can go with the pregnancy. Anyone thats had this happen before?? How long did they leave it till you had baby midwife said I won't be able to go over my due date???

You will always be consultant led care if you have had a previous c-section. However you will find in most cases that the consultant will likely encourage/push you as much as possible to have a natural vaginal birth (known as a VBAC) this time around. Of course this depends on the reasons why you needed a c-section the first time. Xx

My doctor said im high risk bcos of my low platelets when i was pregnant with my lil girl

I had an emergency c-section too and when I was pregnant last year they said the same needed to see a consultant. I was told I'd have the choice though, natural or c section. I'm undecided this time but plenty of time to think! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->