• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else bite their nails?

Hopipolla

Mum of 1
Reaction score
I've bitten my nails since as long as I remember. I hate it. My nails are disgusting! I have tried to give up several times. I managed to stop smoking but can't stop biting my nails! I got so jealous when I see women with lovely nails. I find myself doing it without thinking. Has ever managed to stop doing it? How did you do it. I really want shelac nails but need to grow them a bit first :(

I used to years ago and stopped when I got this stuff you dip your fingers into and gives your nails a really manky taste so you don't do it. I had to keep using this stuff for ages before I didn't need it anymore.

I stopped when I started painting my nails. Now I always have them painted so don't bite x

I did until I got pregnant this time. I just stopped and they have grown beautifully until yesterday when on of them got broken off painfully by a watermelon!

I've always bitten my nails as well and I hate it! I've managed to stop a couple of times but always end up picking at them and then biting them again. I tried the bitter tasting stuff but still ended up biting them anyway!! I would love a french manicure cos I think it looks pretty and feminine but I guess I'll need to try again! Xx

I bite mine and they look awful :nope:

I love it when I've had them done but its so expensive

Really need to grow them but I've tried everything and nothing works

I used to bite mine, until I got braces, then it was physically impossible to do it, and I've not done it since (and I've been brace free 3 years :haha: ) Sorry that's not really do-able advice :dohh:

I go through phases of growing them, getting stressed and biting them off again! I've bitten them since I was little. Right now they're awful :(

Its like dieting though, if i'm not in the right frame of mind NOTHING will stop me biting them lol

I hav stopped biting for 3 weeks now, you can do it! I buy a nail varnish for every week I have stopped.

What is keeping me going is:

one day i want to get married and I want beautiful nails
I want to paint them really funky coulers, designs etc
That if i bite them now, 3 weeks is a waste of all this good work
if i bite them again all i will do is moan about my nails again, so i need to grow them so i wont complain

might be a good idea painting them and picking it off? gives something to do with your hands then

I hav stopped biting for 3 weeks now, you can do it! I buy a nail varnish for every week I have stopped.

if i bite them again all i will do is moan about my nails again, so i need to grow them so i wont complain

might be a good idea painting them and picking it off? gives something to do with your hands then

That's it. NO more nail biting for me (just needed reminding of why I love having nails! I always paint them bright gorgeous colours when theyre long) x

I don't bite my nails (well I used too and still do occasionally) but now I bite the skin around them. Drives me insane but I can't stop. I tried the nasty tasting stuff and got so annoyed I kept putting my fingers in my mouth I scrubbed it off!! Painting my nails helps slightly but I still do it.

That's it. NO more nail biting for me (just needed reminding of why I love having nails! I always paint them bright gorgeous colours when theyre long) x

thats the spirit! just keep thinking why you want to grow them. I still want to bite them so much, not out of the woods yet, but I am still going! Oh and knowing I can scratch the bfs back is a good one for me too haha :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->