Anyone else booked in for a growth scan at 28 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by nlz2468, Nov 18, 2011.

1. nlz2468

nlz2468 Well-Known Member

When i had my 20 week scan they booked me in for a growth scan at 28 weeks is this normal? I am down as high risk so don't know if thats got something to do with it but i thought you only have like 2 scans one around 12weeks and the other at 20weeks so i'm a little confused :wacko:

2. Ashlee B x

Ashlee B x Teejay N Kaycie

It is normal if you're high risk, got diabetes, baby is measuring smaller/bigger at scan. They like to keep an eye on things. I think i may get one at around 32 weeks as my son was massive at birth lol. GL thon enjoy another sneaky view at bubs :)

3. xloulabellex

xloulabellex Mummy to 2 beautiful boys

My friend has had 2 extra ones due to 1)she has PCO and thyroid problems and 2)baby is measuring a little smaller..

It can be totally normal to have more than two scans <3

4. mummy2b2010

mummy2b2010 Mummy of 2 expecting#3

ive got a growth scan booked at 34 weeks, i havent had my 20 week scan yet, this scan was booked by a consultant because my son was big at birth he was 9lb but 2 weeks early so they want to keep an eye on me more (altho i had 4 extra scans last time and they knew he was big) also my sister has type 1 diabetes and i have had thyroid problems in the past, altho there fine now. xx