Anyone else christian, pregnant, and unmarried?

Many of you may judge me because I am a christian and unmarried while pregnant. I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation? If so, perhaps we could talk :)

I am having thoughts about what to tell my parents about my situation...I am just not sure, have any of you told your parents? If so, how did it go?

Thanks x

I am I was raised Christian and still practice some of my faith not all but some. I would be willing to talk. My parents disapproved all out with all of mine. It was rough at first but they did come around and accepted it. So I think it will take a little time but they will come around. Hoping you all the best honey I know how hard this can be! :hugs:

Hello
I am in the same situation as u and I would love to
talk, because as u were or are I don't know where to
turn or what to do. especially since my mom and church
will freak :/

im here for u if u need to talk as I also need someone to talk with
about the same situation

Hi. I've recently found out I'm pregnant and I'm now about 8 weeks and I'm terrified.
I was brought up in a Christian family and gave my heart to The Lord as a young child. I was an active church member, involved in everything.
I went away to a Christian music college ten years ago and somehow lost all focus. When I came back I wanted nothing to do with church or anything like that.
Just over three years ago I met my partner, who wasn't a Christian at the time but encouraged me to go back to church and he became a Christian and I rededicated my life back to God. Everything was going great until a family member stirred up some lies about my partners past and it totally turned my parents against my partner.
Anyway, we stayed together despite the fact my parents hated him and it's made things already complicated with them.
Anyway, we recently changed churches and started going where my parents are and really felt we needed to recommit AGAIN our lives to God, only this time, we really meant it.
Thing is, that very same week, I discovered I'm pregnant and I can't get excited a about it cos I feel so ashamed and upset.
I've no idea how to tell my parents, let alone the church. I can handle my parents being angry with me but cannot bear the idea of disappointing them AGAIN.
WHAT CAN I DO? This is supposed to be the most magical time of our lives and yet I'm angry with myself and terrified x

I got pregnant before being married and felt so much guilt, but then God reminded how much He still loves me. I am married today to the father of our child and couldn't be any happier! I am pregnant with our 2nd and feel blessed. Must add that if DD didn't come along then we never might have married (although be together) because we were both scared. Now we tell our friends to get married before they live together because it is different and there is a magic in being married (regardless of religion) that you will not find in a normal relationship. Also, the back door is closed then so you fight harder to keep what you have.

I will not say that God approved of us living together, but He allowed certain things to happen because He saw the bigger picture. Must add, when I met hubby I got scripture that gave me a promise that he is the man. The story of Ruth, which is so true for MIL and the part where the Benjamites stole the virgins from the vinyards to be their wives because the group would have ended if they didn't get wives soon enough to build their nation. Which is also true for hubby since he is the only to carry forward our surname since he is not just the only the son, but also the only child.

I know this is an old thread, but maybe good to keep alive because many will be able to get support or just read positive stories. Don't be ashamed! Ask forgiveness and God for guidance. He will open doors and help you in a way that you never could have imagined. He is God of Grace and Mercy and we as human are not suppose to judge. But don't judge yourself either! Big hugs! Xx

I am a Christian. But if you recall, Mary was not married when God impregnated her. So if God sees it fit, you shall have a child on His schedule. Immaculate or not. Its between you and God. Don't worry about anyone else, and God forgives all manner of sin. He loves you and your child.

Ladyhutch, exactly! And wasn't it man who brought in the whole traditional marriage thing? As far as I understand (and can be corrected :) ) is that the moment you give your body to a man you made a promise to be his and he to you. Big long story, but that is where the spiritual bonding comes in etc etc that is also symbolic reason behind the Relationship with God, to be One with Him.

P.S I am not saying we shouldn't get married and just live together, but rather get married because that closes the back door and make you more responsible towards each other. Otherwise it would be easy access out, if you know what I mean. But once being intimate you already made a promise.

Hi. I've recently found out I'm pregnant and I'm now about 8 weeks and I'm terrified.
I was brought up in a Christian family and gave my heart to The Lord as a young child. I was an active church member, involved in everything.
I went away to a Christian music college ten years ago and somehow lost all focus. When I came back I wanted nothing to do with church or anything like that.
Just over three years ago I met my partner, who wasn't a Christian at the time but encouraged me to go back to church and he became a Christian and I rededicated my life back to God. Everything was going great until a family member stirred up some lies about my partners past and it totally turned my parents against my partner.
Anyway, we stayed together despite the fact my parents hated him and it's made things already complicated with them.
Anyway, we recently changed churches and started going where my parents are and really felt we needed to recommit AGAIN our lives to God, only this time, we really meant it.
Thing is, that very same week, I discovered I'm pregnant and I can't get excited a about it cos I feel so ashamed and upset.
I've no idea how to tell my parents, let alone the church. I can handle my parents being angry with me but cannot bear the idea of disappointing them AGAIN.
WHAT CAN I DO? This is supposed to be the most magical time of our lives and yet I'm angry with myself and terrified x

I had very critical parents as well. My dad and step mother (my mother died when I was 11) double teamed me over the phone to talk me out of marrying My DH. Then told me I shouldn't wear a wedding dress. I had to pay for my wedding on my own.
Later, a few weeks before he died (cancer), he apologized to me and said my DH was everything a father could want for his daughter. He said he was proud of me and said I had a good head on my shoulders. I had earned his respect despite disagreeing with him. His resentment had stemmed from having trouble seeing his little girl grow up. Plus he had been married and divorced so many times he probably feared I was going to be on the same path and he was miserable in his marriage. So your parents have a point of view where they may be getting their bias.

I learned that I had to make my own decisions and once I let go of that need to please my dad, I was much happier. I wasn't doing drugs or anything that really needed an intervention. I was living MY life. It's a painful decision to make but it's one when you really become an adult.

My point is, at some point you have to realize that you know more about what you need and want from life than they do. You may not ever make them happy.
Don't waste your life like that. It's your life, not theirs. They'll have to accept and respect your decisions.
So lay your burden down. It isn't yours to carry. That burden is theirs. Your commitment now is to your baby more than your parents and your baby needs a happy and healthy
momma.
Don't feel ashamed. Nobody has walked in your shoes and if they judge you, they are the ones sinning.

I had very critical parents as well. My dad and step mother (my mother died when I was 11) double teamed me over the phone to talk me out of marrying My DH. Then told me I shouldn't wear a wedding dress. I had to pay for my wedding on my own.
Later, a few weeks before he died (cancer), he apologized to me and said my DH was everything a father could want for his daughter. He said he was proud do me and said I had a good head on my shoulders. I had earned his respect despite disagreeing with him. His resentment had stemmed from having trouble seeing his little girl grow up. Plus he had been married and divorced so many times he probably feared I was going to be on the same path and he was miserable in his marriage. So your parents have a point of view where they may be getting their bias.

I learned that I had to make my own decisions and once I let go of that need to please my dad, I was much happier. I wasn't doing drugs or anything that really needed an intervention. I was living MY life. It's a painful decision to make but it's one when you really become an adult.

My point is, at some point you have to realize that you know more about what you need and want from life than they do. You may not ever make them happy.
Don't waste your life like that. It's your life, not theirs. They'll accept and respect your decisions.
So lay your burden down. It isn't yours to carry. That burden is theirs. Your commitment now is to your baby more than your parents and your baby needs a happy and healthy
momma.
Don't feel ashamed. Nobody has walked in your shoes and if they judge you, they are the ones sinning.

Wow, your life sound so similar to mine. I could have written those exact words!

Anyone who judges you isn't worth your time worrying about ;)

I am worrying myself sick over this whole thing. I'm scared I'm going to end up losing this baby, but I just want to know what I should say to my parents. I can honestly say it's ripping me apart as I know they're going to be so disappointed. I keep being reminded that God never allows us to go through things that we can't handle but I don't know where to start.

we all make mistakes and thankfully by the grace of God we can be forgiven if we ask for it because God has a love for us that no other person will. With that being said I'm def. not saying this is a mistake.. maybe an accident or something unplanned- but I do not believe any baby is a mistake. God knows what we are going to do before we do it and God has a plan for this child. I hope your parents will support you and stand behind you. They may be hurt, upset, disappointed because this isn't what they saw for you, but that is expected- you're their baby. Everything will work out just fine!

However I did read a comment on here that recommended you tell them you prayed about this and that God wants you to keep the baby and they can't tell you that God told you wrong (something along these lines) PLEASEEEE do not do this UNLESS you have actually Prayed about this and God has indeed told you this. Please don't just lie about something like that so make it sound better.

edit: I forgot I wanted to mention to you that my husband was a not so planned baby. His mom got pregnant with him at 15. However, if her "accident" didn't happen I wouldn't have the love of my life, the father of our unborn child, an amazing person, and this child I'm carrying! God planned him out for me and I'm so grateful for her "accident"

I'm 21, 22 in 2 days, unmarried and heavily pregnant and although I'm not a practising Christian myself, my dad is a vicar and has 2 churches.
Naturally I didn't expect it to go down to well, but my parents were incredibly supportive when we told them. They love me and they were upset at first because they knew how hard it would be but they are both so incredibly excited now. Whilst my son may have been unplanned I believe he is exactly what God had instore for me, everything has been a roller coaster since I found out but this has only made me a stronger person.
Just sit them down and tell them calmly, there's nothing they can do about it and their support is important:hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->