Anyone else due beg of Sept around time other child starts school?

familygirl30

Reaction score
Hi ladies, title asks all really, my son is 4 in June and due for starting school in Sept, just wondering if any others going to be the same, I'm due our 2nd baby Sept 2nd and worrying a bit how it might b all too much for him

I'm due in August and my LO starts school September too. I'm glad we will get a couple of weeks together but still extremely nervous for him. School is such a big thing on its own, as is a new sibling. So I'm really hoping he copes ok. It makes me sad!

I'm due in August and my LO starts school September too. I'm glad we will get a couple of weeks together but still extremely nervous for him. School is such a big thing on its own, as is a new sibling. So I'm really hoping he copes ok. It makes me sad!

Hi, I remember you from other posts with our boys been around the same age, yeah I feel sad about it too, Im excited about baby of course but the timing is a worry as I want to b there for my son starting school, 4 is still young

I'm due somewhere at the end of August / start of September (waiting for a dating scan), and will have a 4 year old starting school full time as well as a 3 year old starting half days.

I'm not too worried about my 4 year old going for full days. I think she'll throw some wobbles about wanting to stay home and spend time with her new sibling (as will my then 7 year old, no-one wants to go back after the summer holidays!), but that's to be expected. I also think she'll be exhausted when she does come home, and will probably be a hand full of trouble until bed time ... but we can deal with that! I don't think everything will be too much for her, but she's been going for half days for a year now (18 months by the time she does full days). She'll know most of the children in her class already, she'll have met the teachers before, it's the same building etc. Kids bounce and take on new things easily though =)

As for my 2, then 3 year old ... I'm not sure. She seems so very young still at the moment and I just can not imagine her starting half days yet even without the introduction of her no longer being the youngest. I'm actually toying with the idea of maybe delaying her starting nursery and keeping her home with me a while longer.

My DD2 was due on September 18th, DS started Reception a couple of weeks before. I was worried that LO would come early and I'd miss DS's first day, or that he'd find it all too much of an adjustment, but it was fine. He did have a couple of weeks to settle in and he'd already been at the nursery which is in the same semi-open setting as Reception, both of which helped. But I found that school was good for bringing a solid routine which really helped in the early days when we were finding our feet with a new baby, and it meant that he was busy and active during the day so if we needed to come home from school and just have TV time that was fine for him :)

Oh and also it was nice for DS that while there was a lot of attention on the new baby there was also lots of excitement over him starting school, how smart he looked in his uniform, what a good boy he was getting a sticker at school, calling the grandparents to tell them how well he as settling in etc. So yeah, LO's arrival coinciding with the start of school was actually a good thing in our experience :)

I'm due august 25, and my son will be starting kindergarten next year. We always start school mid august here, so he will be starting right as the baby is born. To make things worse.... I am a teacher. All of my pregnancies (3) have come at least a week early, and I'm worried i'll have this baby the week school starts! What a horrid way to start the school year (with a sub!)

My daughter is due to start nursery 1/2 days in September. I am due 4th september.

I'm planning on focussing how she's the big sister/big girl off to school. She absolutely loves other children so I think settling into nursery will be fine but she is a mummy's girl. The dog can't even sit on my knee without her getting jealous.

I'm hoping nursery will help my non sleeper sleep better too.

Kids are adaptable and will take thei cue from you. If you act sad like you are missing out they are going to feel like they are missing out. Give them lots of loves and they will enjoy their big kid time at school :)

Hi, I remember you from other posts with our boys been around the same age, yeah I feel sad about it too, Im excited about baby of course but the timing is a worry as I want to b there for my son starting school, 4 is still young

Whilst Rio is quite grown up for his age there are certain things he does that really remind me he is still so young and in a few short months he is going to be thrown into a world he knows nothing about and all at the same time he's going to have to start sharing his parents for the first time ever. It breaks my heart for him but I will never change the way I am with him, he will always be my baby. It's true though that children are so adaptable and I'm sure both our babies will surprise us with how well they do!

Whilst Rio is quite grown up for his age there are certain things he does that really remind me he is still so young and in a few short months he is going to be thrown into a world he knows nothing about and all at the same time he's going to have to start sharing his parents for the first time ever. It breaks my heart for him but I will never change the way I am with him, he will always be my baby. It's true though that children are so adaptable and I'm sure bothyes our babies will surprise us with how well they do!

Yes I know what you mean, we get told a lot that my son is bright but socially with kids he doesn't know he is very shy and still prefers just playing along side them, friends of ours kids he has started playing with them. I look at him and think he just doesn't seem old enough for school this year!
I've had a good cry this afternoon tbh as I'm just worrying about everything at the moment and just keep thinking I'm not doing a good enough job at all, I have the most fantastic family but little friends and I'm feeling quite alone at the min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->