Anyone else ever checked cervix out of curiosity?

keepfaith17

Reaction score
Im currently 23 weeks pregnant. I haven't checked my cervix since around the time i finally got a BFP on a HPT. I was able to shower alone this weekend (normally have my toddler with me lol) and decided to just check because i had noticed a good bit of the gooey mucus/discharge the day before. well to my surprise i could have probably fit my middle finger into my cervix because of how open it is already. Of course i didn't intrude into my cervix at all but couldn't believe it was already open. Anyone else around 23 weeks notice a difference in cervix? or does your cervix still slighty open then close during pregnancy depending on when?

Your cervix will feel more open because you've already had a child, after the first for many it doesn't fully close quite the same x

Yes above poster has it right. Your cervix doesn’t fully close again if you’ve already had a child. I believe it’s always 1-2cm open.

Also don’t be scared to check your cervix - I did it a ton while pregnant, as long as you aren’t shoving your finger into the cervical opening and your hands are clean, it’s more hygienic than sex :haha:

I'm on my fourth pregnancy and my cervix is about a 2. My doctor said it's normal.

Thanks Ladies!

I think it only made me so nervous because on our 20 week scan they said the baby was very low and already head down. Im currently 23 weeks and 4 days

Baby still has tons of room to move around :) My guy was head down at 28 weeks and the technician said he could easily still flip. He always hung out low down too but they don’t start being cramped for space until 37ish weeks. Especially because it’s your second, everything is a little roomier from being stretched out before :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->