Anyone else expecting a November sparkler? *Updated with due dates!*

Me neither Stephanie ;) been a while. I will have to join the December ones soon :haha:

Congrats ladies who have had there babies and not long now till the ones left :) very exciting .how many sparklers have been born now i wonder

Yellow bump turned BLUE - very much in love with Jacob Michael, born 16th November 2013 weighing 7lb 1oz @42 weeks. He kept us waiting as long as possible!

Will update with birth story and pics asap.

Yellow bump also turned blue! Sebastian arrived 38+6, born 11/17 at 719am. 7lbs 13 oz, 20inches long.

Congrats babymonkey! Lots of yellow bumps turning blue!

Well...went into hospital for induction on Friday at 5:30pm. Was checked and cervix still hard, long and closed. Was given first pessary about 6pm, after 6 hours midwife checked and cervix was short and soft and had dilated to between 1 and 2cm with no contractions. Given 2nd pessary about 1am, left to sleep and checked again at 9:40am, had only got to 2cm still and had no contractions still. Midwife said I could go get settled in a delivery room as, being 2 weeks overdue, they wouldn't send me home. So I got up to go to the bathroom and my waters went! Very painful contractions started immediately. Was taken round to my delivery room and after 1 hour and 20 mins I felt really defeated, as I just couldn't cope with the pain yet I really wanted a drug free delivery. Midwife recommended an epidural, as she said if I couldn't cope with the pain at 2cm then I would find it very hard further on. So I reluctantly agreed. Midwife left to sort epi out and I just cried to hubby about it, but he was great and said as long as we were both ok he didn't care.

Well, contractions got extremely worse and seemed to be coming every 20 secs!

Midwife came back 20 mins later and commented that they were 'thick and fast!' Then I got this almighty urge to push, told midwife and she said to go with it. I pushed and lost more water, midwife checked me and was amazed that she could see baby and that it was definitely time to push!!

11 minutes later Jacob came into this world making beautiful noises and I had managed my complete pain relief free labour and birth :happydance:

All 3 stages combined took just 2 hours 36 minutes. I couldn't have been happier. Feeling like I needed an epidural was because I had gone from 2cm to fully dilated in a very short time so I had only had extreme contractions from the beginning :haha:

Both DH and I are so in love :cloud9: and he thinks i'm amazing for managing my labour without even gas and air :thumbup:

Attachments

• 2013-11-16 18.39.23.jpg
    2013-11-16 18.39.23.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 2013-11-17 20.25.47.jpg
    2013-11-17 20.25.47.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 2
  • moses basket 1 day old.jpg
    moses basket 1 day old.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1
Well done, JDH! As I was reading that, when you said you'd wanted an epidural, I was thinking "oooh, your waters have just gone, so I bet you're dilating quick!" So glad you got the birth you wanted.
I was wondering if my waters were going to go before my little one was born this time, and they did! 35 minutes before he arrived I'd had a contraction that I thought was so bearable and mentioned it even, then another one was right on top of it (and I thought "This sure is making up for that easy one!") and splash! My doula got hubby to come rub my back while she dumped cold water in the pool so I could hurry and get in. Bliss! (They recorded my established labour as 1 hour 26 minutes, although the first midwife didn't arrive until 15 minutes before the baby did and never even got to put the doppler on me, the second one after, and I never even asked if they had the gas and air. Too into that lovely birthing zone!) xx

Our sparkler arrived this morning at 12.04am after a very quick but intense back to back labour.

She was only 6 pounds 5 ounces, head full of golden blonde hair and her name is Astrid Wren, we're all absolutely smitten, good luck to all the sparklers still waiting x

Hi all, congratulations to those who have had their sparklers :) x

My 4d scan still didn't go well, this time she had her arms and hands in front of her face and would not move them, but we could see her smiling at us, probably laughing because she was still hiding lol

The sonographer thinks I am just gonna be one of those people who it just won't work with but only 12 weeks to go

Got about 2 minutes on dvd, its not very clear, but it was free and they are refunding the deposit, so we won't have lost anything.
I have managed to take a couple of stills off of the dvd, and enhance them in photoshop so have a few pics, still not as good as could have been, but better than nothing and free
I love the one of her smiling, although it does look a little creepy lol, the middle one is my fave though xx

Zoey1.jpg

My little one did that we ended up going back 1hr later and got some amazing pics ;)

Congratulations middysquidge :cloud9: I loooove her name!!!

My little one did that we ended up going back 1hr later and got some amazing pics ;)

Congratulations middysquidge :cloud9: I loooove her name!!!

We couldn't go back that day as my hubby and dad had stupid football to play :( but thinking positive, we got a couple of pics and we saved 130 quid lol xx

my little sparkler boy arrived this morning at 40+2/40+4 on 11/20 at 1:37am after a fast natural labor. Aidan Edward Hawthorn Edens weighs 8 pounds 6.2 ounces and measures 20 inches long! :)

birth story will be in my journal soon!

Naww congratulations garden <3 sounds like a great birth.

Thanks! Aidan's birth story has been added to my journal for those who want to read it!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...rden-edens-growing-again-73.html#post30598543

Finally getting on! Oliver Michael was born 3.05pm tues 19th Nov .Waters broken at 12 so a very quick labor in the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->