Anyone else expecting that has teenagers?

Count me in as a mother of teenagers!

I have a 17-year-old son and a 15-year-old daughter. I am currently pregnant with twins, due in October.

I didn't tell my teenagers until I had the ultrasound that confirmed the pregnancy (and the twins!). They were actually hopeful and expecting the news. My husband and I had been trying to have a child and we suffered a miscarriage in 2014, so both kids knew that we were hoping for another chance. They have been absolute rocks of support during this pregnancy. :)

My little sister (now nearly 16!) was born the day before my sisters 18th birthday xxx

i am 34 and mine are 16 , 14 , 11 , 7 , 4 and 2 and i am due my 7th they all took it really well better than i thought x

I have a 17 yo, 15 yo, 2 yo and just got a BFP for an April 2016 baby. When I was pregnant with now 2 year old, my kids were 15 and 13. My 13 yo burst into tears when I told him. I'm not sure if even he knew why. They were both supportive after that, though we had some behavioral issues from my 13 year old after my youngest son son was born. We got through it through. My 13 year old was very grossed out by me nursing, but I quickly set him straight and told him it offended me and hurt my feelings. We won't tell the kids about the newest pregnancy for awhile, but I'm sure they'll be excited as they adore their little brother.

This is awesome. I have a 19 and a 15 year old from my previous marriage. I just got remarried in March but we've been ttc since dec. I'm 37, will be 38 in Nov. I feel old and that clock is ticking. Doc says I'm perimenopausal, so we'll see... So nice not to be alone!!!

Me too, I have a 18,15,10&4 year old newly pregnant and so nervous as I age with each pregnancy
We was satisfied and then I just realised my youngest 'baby' is going to school and I felt we needed a new addition to the family. I come to the conclusion I love having a baby in the house :lol:
Won't tell them till at least 12 weeks maybe longer
I'm pleased to see others have that same feeling as me. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when i tell them I have 4 and my family would have liked me to have stopped a while ago, as much as they adore all my children. :lol: I'm dreading them knowing about this one :rofl: though either way we will manage! It's because my pregnancys are difficult praying this is more mobile and not as sickly
Hopefully my older ones will be happy for us yet I feel the 18 year old never wanted any siblings :lol:
Anyone scared this time round? I'm certain my body/ eggs are too old to make it full term for some reason ?

I have an 18,15,13, a 10 ,4,and 2 in feb my 15 year old is over the moon my 18 year old runs through stages like last night we had a chat she said she gates being skint( she works) I told her skint is not going to college and coming back with bags of clothing skint is not being able to feed ur kids and she flew of the handle about me having more, and completely missed my point ( btw I am not skint 😊) so as u can see I don't know where her feelings lie

I have a 13 year old and a 15 year old, and am due in March. It makes me a little sad that they will be more like uncles to their little brother, but am very exited to add to our family!

Hey ladies,
I found out last Friday that I'm expecting again too #5 for me and I also have 2 teenagers. I've got 3 boys and 1 girl aged 16,13,9&7. I'm dreading the time when I have yo break the news too as I don't think u 2 eldest boys are gonna b too happy about it. I know my eldest won't for definite. My daughter will b super excited because she's ALWAYS asking for a baby. I'm 35 myself and this was a bit of a shock for us as we had given up officially trying about 2 years ago as we thought our youngest was getting too old and it just wasn't happening. Never used any contraception since mydaughter was born so we really thought we were done. I joined slimming world to lose some weight as OH brother is getting married next July (didn't need to lose a lot bit wanted to make sure I cud stick to to it. I'm supposed to be matron of honour but I can't see that happening now as I'm due the 20th July and wedding is 31 July. I always go over at least 10 days. So I've lots of worries.

How cool that this thread came back to life?? I'm 42 and have an almost 17 year old and a 2 year old, and am due to have number 3 in July. Dreading announcing this to my eldest, he is a typical teenage boy and he's made his feelings fairly clear about what an inconvenience Miss 2 is! we really did try to get pregnant though - we tried our last Ivf egg last month, so I can't even pretend it was an accident!

How cool that this thread came back to life?? I'm 42 and have an almost 17 year old and a 2 year old, and am due to have number 3 in July. Dreading announcing this to my eldest, he is a typical teenage boy and he's made his feelings fairly clear about what an inconvenience Miss 2 is! we really did try to get pregnant though - we tried our last Ivf egg last month, so I can't even pretend it was an accident!

Me I'm 37 and expecting my 5th baby

My eldest 2 are 18&16. But they are okay suprisingly with this, I expected disgust tbh especially from the eldest, who theoretically could have her own now!

Xx

Well, you will probably all think Im crazy! LOL
Im 45 currently 9 weeks pregnant with #4. The others are 26, 23 and 19 (way past teenagers). I also have 2 grandsons 5 and 2!
Havent told any of them yet and not sure how to or how they will take it? I plan on using my youngest as an excuse cause He went away to college in another state for 6 months and my husband and I both had horrible empty nest symptoms! I thought we were going to go insane without a child in the house and I ended up pregnant about the time my son was due back! So we will blame it on him for leaving us with an empty nest!
It will be awhile before we tell them. Im being very cautious because of my age and want to make sure everythings ok before we tell anyone!

Aww Llawson congrats and don't worry they will come round these things happen and how exciting
Lol at blaming your youngest :lol: xx

Ive got an 18 and 17 (will be 19 and 18 by time baby arrives), 11, 9, 7 and 6 year old, this is baby number 7. We only found out today, so haven't told the kids (will wait till after first scan), but know they'll be over the moon, my eldest two and my youngest especially 😁. Xx

I don't, my oldest is 11, but just wanted to say hugs. I am 37 also. I don't feel we are THAT old lol. My 11 year old doesn't know yet but she loves babies and wants us to have more. We told her we were done. Baby 4 is a surprise. My 11 year old is sassy sometimes, and if your teen tries to sap your joy then she needs a talkin to from mom I suppose! Hopefully, she will get on board. :)

Lol, this thread is still going! Posted here a couple of years ago, now pregnant with number 7!
Age range from 22 down to 17months so far.
The 14yo is going to be so pissed off when she finds out 😂

I am 36 I have a 16 yr old, 10 yr old, 6 yr old and pregnant with twins due Jan 29th

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"