anyone else experience constant braxton hicks?

blessed83

Reaction score
I started getting mine at about 16 weeks..... i am now 21 weeks.
sometimes only a handful a day, other times up to 1 every 5 to 10 minutes!
they seem to be possibly connected to stress and being on my feet,I can also get one just my lightly pushing on my uterus....I seem to get more at the end of my work week.
but water and rest don't really seem to help much for me either.
wondering if anyone else has experienced this...seems i may have an irritable overactive uterus or something?
My biggest fear is preterm labor....hoping there are other mommies out there who have had this and delivered healthy full term babies.

Didn't want to read and run, hope you get some answers! It's probably normal, but I would definately call the doc to ask because of the frequency--a lady on another post just said that over 4 an hour (1 every 15 minutes) is outside the normal range.

I started getting them a few times a day at about 15 weeks. And since about 24 weeks a few times a day I had them every 10 minutes or so. My doctor checked to make sure I didn't have a UTI which could cause your uterus to be irritated. I didn't have a UTI, but he said it could be from stress and not to worry unless they we're painful or if there was bleeding.

i've already called my midwife a few times regarding my contractions.... i guess I'm past the point of more then 4 an hour rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->