Anyone else feel like this?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Does anyone else just get overwhelmed with the feeling that you're going to be alone for the rest of your life? I'm having a particularly bad day where I just feel like a freakin' whale and I'm literally having a hard time imagining that there would ever be someone out there who would accept me with a baby. I know I'm only 20 years old but my body is already *ruined* so I'm never going to look like all those other girls my age and I've already got so much more responsibility than any guy my own age is going to want to take on at this point

:hugs:
hun, i think the guy who has you in his life will be lucky,
all the feeling you have at the min of whale-ness and "ruined" body are natural,
i feel like that and im in a relationship and nearly 30...
i have friends who were single mums who have met men and formed a family unit for their LO's.. some men are great with kids..
and it takes a special man to be a daddy, so when you find a man who loves penelope then you know he is a gud 'un

Yes. Most days if i'm entirely honest.

As far as I can see, guys my age just want to go out, have a good time and not worry about responsibilities. Unfortunately I have responsibilities so we wouldn't match. I don't see many older guys wanting to take on me and a baby either.

All my friends keep telling me i'll find someone but i'm not really convinced. I'm also afraid i'll find someone I like and push him away because of how I feel about myself.

I felt like this at first. I was absolutley convinced i'd be on my own forever but now see that's rubbish!!

Yeh there will be blokes who won't want our so called baggage but why would we want jerks like them anyway!!

I've been on a few dates as a prego lady & he was totally fine about the whole baby thing. I'm sure there's pleanty of men like him out there!!

As for the whole body issue thing - I look at my age as a blessing here. Im young & was in good shape before my pregnancy so I reckon it won't be hard to get back to how I was. Yeah i'll have a few stretch marks & may not be as firm as I once was but will your TRUE love care?? Nope

:)

I think everyone pretty much feels this way in our situation.:hug:

But,come on,lets play rational here....we are young,we are beautiful and smart.(Look at me all smug here :LOL:)
And soon we are going to have these beautiful little bundles in our lives...

Yeah,life will change....love will change.

But thinking you are going to be single for the rest of your life? pfft
Any guy should be so lucky to be with you...and your body won't be ruined,I too worry about how will I look in a bikini but there's plenty of time to get back into shape.

You're gonna do great...and any guy that doesn't see that,doesn't deserve you or Penelope.
As Kelly said,anyone that dodges that responsibility deserves a toss on the street...

I truly,truly belive that there is true love for every person out there (that theory of mine does't really work in my practice :lol:) and you,missy,didn't get your piece yet!

As the others have said we all feel like that at some point. I wasn't happy with myself before I got pregnant and now I'm even more paranoid about what my body will be like afterwards. What guy is going to want to be with an over weight, extremely self concious mother!! But there's someone out there for us all it's just going to take time, don't go looking for it because you won't find it but it will turn up!! xxx

Oh believe me, there are still plenty of good men out there who will see it as an honour and a priveledge to be with women as strong as you guys have and will become. See it as an asset and view it positively. You girls have grit, determination and are steely women. I bloody salute you. Those kids are going to be very lucky... and so are the men!!!! Hurrah!

Im not a mum/pregnant at the moment or anything but i can think its only natrual to feel like this. I know you may not believe it at the moment but there are men out there who would love to date you and dont mind that you come with a child. Your body isnt ruined you have just been blessed with having a child. One of my friends had a baby a few years back and she soon got her figure she looks great! You have got what the other girls havent a child. Good Luck.

Blahh its just so difficult. I keep seeing stretch marks showing up and my belly just growing, and I know its supposed to be wonderful and a beautiful thing but I can't stop obsessing about how I'm going to look after :(

I wish that person would just show up NOW. But then again, as Oprah says "Mr. Right is coming. But he's in Africa. And he's walking." :D

I feel like that sometimes especially atm.. It's weird as i'm kinda getting to know 19 y/o who's a hell of alot more mature / happy with bump than bump's dad was =/

I feel like this all the time.:(
Except I'm only 15, so there will defo be no guys my age that would date me (not that I would want to date many of them either, they barely know their ABC'S!)
It's a depressing feeling, but I just keep telling myself it's hormones. Because it probably is. We're both young, we have our whole lives ahead of us.:happydance: And the great thing is when our babies get older and are more independant we will STILL be young and ready to experiment life.:happydance:

i am feeling exactly the same right now

im heartbroken but excited , its weird to think but i know ill be ok, i always am, as im sure you will be :)

Yeah we'll be fine. I have days where I'm like "eeekkk I'm going to be the old cat lady with 80 cats that never gets married". But I'm trying to work on switching my frame of mind to a more positive theme haha.

boys are daftys anyway an we can do without them! xx

Yeah we'll be fine. I have days where I'm like "eeekkk I'm going to be the old cat lady with 80 cats that never gets married". .

hmm....

am struggling to find a problem with this....

at least i know my cats love me for who I am... lol.

Em

I have days where I feel so lonely, despite having family and friends round me, it's a different kind of lonliness when you're a single parent/to be. But I am an old romantic at heart and I'll never give up hope that one day my prince will show up! lol
But in the meantime I'm just gonna concentrate on being the best Mummy (and Daddy) that I possibly can for my little bubs.
Stay positive girlies!!
xx

I have days like that, where it seems like nothing anyone can say can really make it any better. 'Cos when your havin a really crap day there are more 'buts' in your mind than anything else.

Wierd thing was tho one day I was talking to a very good male friend via msn. I wasn't particularly despairing, but it wasnt one of my best days either. Anyway without him even knowing that I wasn't the happiest bunny he comes out with how peoud he is of me and how I've handled all of this. That he doesn't know another person who could imagine being a better mother and the kids father in a couple of years time will prob be walkin round town and see me, my gorgeous kid and watever lucky guy manages to find his way into both our lives and he'll realise what he's lost.

It really made me smile! So i saved it on my cpu! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->