Anyone else feel the same? constant worry something is wrong?

bombshellmom

Momma of 2 DD'S and expecting DS in April!
Reaction score
I wasn't like this with DD too much, all I did was check my undies for blood everyday and if there wasn't blood I was relieved. I'm not bleeding at all, I just haven't really been sick as much these past few days and it's starting to make me wonder the worst. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow, my next appointment is 9/1 and I don't know that I can wait that long to find out..

:/

Every day I worry something is wrong! I have no reason to think so either, I've had 3 scans for crying out loud. Yesterday the doctor told me to stop worrying, that if anything was going to go wrong, it would have already, that although there's always a slight chance, but it would be very unlikely. I'm definitely much more nervous this pregnancy than with DD, but I did have an early loss in between so I'm sure that contributes to it a little. The thing is that even though we think we'll all feel so much better when we're out of the first tri, there's really worry the whole way through and it never goes away. In 2nd tri we worry about genetic testing, 3rd tri preterm labor, ect...It never ends! Ah well, we can just worry like crazies together :flower:

LOL I know right!!! We will be absolute nuts our entire pregnancies!!

I officially threw up today, though! It was awful lol.
I'm so glad your scan went well yesterday, I hope I get another scan at this appointment, or at least hear the hb but not sure! I guess it's just hard to imagine there is actually a real live baby in there right now!!!

I'll see your "threw up" and raise you a "haven't pooped in days"! :rofl: When is your next appt mama?

:haha: constipation is the worst!!

My next one is on 9/1! I'm going to do that genetic test I think, forgot what it's called but they say you can also find out the gender?? I think I might wait for that though! Until my 20 week scan! Are you going to be doing the genetic testing??

I go in on 9/9 and get the genetic blood test. I think the one I'm doing is Mat21, but I know there are a couple others that are similar. I had such a bad experience with the standard screening last pregnancy that there's no way I'm going to go through that again.
So you're telling me that if they call you with the genetic screening results and say, "Would you like to know the sex of the baby?" You'll say, "No thanks. We'll just wait till the 20 week ultrasound!" :rofl: No way!!!!

Yeah I understand that! I wouldn't want any unnecessary worry either!!

LOL pretty much, MIL wants to have a gender reveal party and I suppose we could do it sooner but I'd like to be showing a little bit for that party :p :haha: I don't know - I just feel like since it's so early maybe they'd be wrong :rofl:

You could strap on a fake bump! :rofl: I didn't think about that, I'd probably want to be showing too. Well you'll probably be about 12 weeks when you get the results (I think it usually takes a week to get them back) so you'll have a little bump by then. You could just not poop for a week like me and then the bump will be bigger :haha:

Oh, and I just found this on the Miscarriage Association website:

"A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks that goes up to 99.4%. So things could still go wrong and sadly sometimes do, but as long as there is a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage decreases as the weeks go by."

So we need to chill the hell out!!!

:haha: at the fake bump comment!!

I don't know I feel like I would think they are playing a joke on me if I knew this soon lol just because it's so new...like what if they're wrong?!? HAHA I don't know - it's hard to even think that there's something in there anyway lol

I know right - I heard the heartbeat at 6+5!!! I downloaded this app called tiny beats and I seen "127" as I grazed it across my lower abdomen, I think it may have been baby!!!

A late jump into the convo but I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. We just found out a few days ago I am pregnant. While we have been with docs and exams and all sorts of stuff for 5 years this is only the second cycle I have ovulated. We didn't expect it this "fast." Our luck is crap when it comes to a lot of stuff. We are so excited and I have told everyone already (that spiraled out of control) but still reserved. I read so much about how a lot of women's first pregnancy ends in a loss and being on a forum with (compared with the world) a small demographic it is amazing how many women have had a miscarriage.

I know the exact feeling you ladies are going through, even with the scans showing a happy, active, healthy baby at 7, 8, & 9 weeks. Granted... I had spotting and my OB doesn't mess around. The next appt is 9/10, but I'm concerned NOW because... Well... There's no little window and I can't see what's going on, lol

Haha!!! Exactly, nerdy!! I really wish there were a window so we could take a peak and make sure everything is good in there :rofl:
Hubby says I worry too much but it's the thought of a missed miscarriage that scares me!

Haha!!! Exactly, nerdy!! I really wish there were a window so we could take a peak and make sure everything is good in there :rofl:
Hubby says I worry too much but it's the thought of a missed miscarriage that scares me!

I know exactly what you mean. I'm right there with you, sister. Sadly we're never going to stop worrying. It gets easier once they start rocking and rolling in there and you learn what buttons to push to make them move (cold water never failed me). And then you get nervous when they suddenly start ignoring those buttons because they run out of room and wind up being lazy. It's a no win situation until they pop out... And then guess what? You worry every single time they fall asleep. My son is nearly 2 and I STILL freak out and check on him in the middle of the night.

This is the price we pay for miracles, I'm telling you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->