Anyone else feeling overwhelmed with toys?

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go nuts. I love my house to be neat and tidy. I'm not normally pyscho about it but when things get crazy I feel like I'm going to panic.
Colton has the whole corner of our living room packed. Not just with little toys, with BIG things. Like the area is jam packed, and thats not all of them, some I've packed in his room (which he couldn't sleep in if he wanted to because I dont think I can make it to his bed) thank goodness that door stays closed so I dont see it when I walk by! :dohh:
PLUS, thats not including all his clothes; which I am washing, and have currently done two load fulls of new clothes. + I still have another load with a huge blanket my mother made for him, etc.

.. sigh. :sleep:

Dont get me wrong, we are VERY thankful. It's just alot at once and it's making me overwhelmed.

.. and it's not over, yet. Still have to go to OH's family's house tomorrow for more.. ...

you guessed it! More presents. lol.

Anyone else feeling alittle overwhelmed? Especially with babies first christmas. I knew we would get alot, but I think I kind of underpredicted. :baby:

lol yeah, i know just how u feel. Our front room has been taken over, and hes still got more to come! x

I know what you mean. My house is just chaotic.. 5 of us, then my little girl = living room, where is the floor? :eek: lol.

:lol:

Glad I'm not the only one.
I was excited before, but now that the presents are over, I'm like.. wow. I was telling my mom he had so much stuff, we are going to have to put some of it up and bring out a few toys a week. He gets bored with stuff so fast, atleast we will have enough toys to keep him entertained for awhile. She told me to just keep "rotating" between them so he doesn't get bored. :lol:

oh hun... I know what you mean, Josh has gotten huge toys for Xmas... I have no idea where I'm gonna put them !:dohh:

OMGosh, me too. The whole living room is packed with her swing, exersaucer, jumperoo, foam play mat and other miscellaneous toys. It's driving me CRAZY!

My house is exactly the same!! Its terrible trying to find space for all the toys! Iv even told my OH i want a bigger house!!...he was not impressed! xx

YES! and she is only 3 months old! I was just saying to the OH the other day about how we are going to need to get Helena her own room as she has more stuff then we do! (We only have a one bedroom apartment and we share a room with her)

The living room,her room,my room,hallway ALL completely packed!

I also like things to be neat,it makes my life a whole lot easier when I don't have to jump over things.
I have to find time to sort it all out...

Big stacking toy boxes? Those plastic ones lol and a few things in the bedroom? We're lucky to have a big combined living and dining area but its still head wrecking!

I dread getting to the day sorting through all the toys boxes etc :dohh:

Oh gosh, we are returning a couple pieces. Well, one big one. This kid got like two ride on cars/push walker combos, a push walker/wagon combo, two activity tables. gah.. too much. I was going to return one of the car/walker combos but OH threw out all the boxes!!! :dohh: uhh.. we are returning one of the activity tables! Although, not buying him anymore toys.. he has enough; we talked and are going to take the $40 and buy him a few of them BIG plastic drawers. He got so many clothes we used all his hangers, theres no more room in his closet, and his whole crib is covered with hanging clothes/clothes inside it! IDK what we are going to do.. we desperately need more space!

lol, gosh it sounds like he got loads! I thought Alasdair was spoilt!

We have taken some old toys over to my Mum's. Just stuff that he is growing out of a bit and it means he will have toys over there. We've got a big trug (I don't know if that's what they're really called but that's what I call them lol, like a big plastic pot thing with handles!) that houses all of Ally's stuff in the living room.

I'm going nuts with all the toys everywhere. I'm very thankful but I'm pretty sure we won't be needing ANY toys for a very long time. He has toys in our living room, his room and the play room. Luckily in the living room I keep most of his toys in his play pen but he still loves to play with his laugh n learn table downstairs and his little push caterpillar. I'm so nervous for Connors first birthday, hopefully people just give us 12+ clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->