Anyone else find it hard to tell people they're pregnant?

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my second child and so far I've only told DH. I need to tell my parents as I'm staying with them for the summer while my DH is away with work. I've been really sick and it's starting to get hard to hide. I'm fed up of trying to act fine when I just want to curl up in bed. I have a great relationship with my parents but somehow I just can't bring myself to tell them I'm pregnant. I was like this in my first pregnancy too. I got my DH to tell most people as it was really hard for me just to come out and say, by the way, I'm pregnant! Does anyone else feel like this?

I don't find it hard as such, I'm just nervous to tell people and then have something happen.

this is my first pregnancy and i'm only 6 weeks. First person i told was DB and i told him we should wait the 12 weeks before telling people but he was too excited and told his friends and family!
I told my mum and dad and they did the same... oh well! i haven't told my friends and work mates yet i'm happy my whole family knows but still scared as it's too early.........

xxxxx

I find it irksome and it always takes me forever to tell people. I think it's because I hate the yelling and cheering and smothering me in hugs and kisses. I just find it overwhelming, thankfully my family know me well and other than my sister they refrain from going too overboard.

Yes, totally! I just can't bring myself to do it this time. Especially family. I told so many people at work last time and they were so supportive after my loss so it isn't because of that. I just can't bring myself to my parents or anyone else, no clue why! Think I just hate fuss.
I'd rather just send everyone a text and get it over with but that would be harsh.

Being the center of attention has always been alien to me and makes me uncomfortable. I kind of dread telling people for that reason and because i'm a pretty private person in real life. Very few people know that i am pregnant, none of them who are in the know are members of our family. I am insisting on waiting until the 2nd trimester - in fact, few people even knew we were TTC in the first place.

I am especially dreading telling my parents because I have had no contact with them since January. My mother loves to berate me for my poor life choices and I don't anticipate her being anything but critical and emotionally abusive once she learns the news. Still, we have to tell them somehow.

We've told my mom and brother, my best friend (she's currently staying with us, so hard to hide!), and my DH's dad and sister. We're excited to tell others, but way too worried about something happening and having to spread that news. So we're waiting until the second trimester.

I'm worried about work... I work around anesthetic gases and formalin frequently, so I may have to tell them much sooner than I'm comfortable with.

I can't bring myself to tell my parents as although they are super supportive, I know they think we should stop at two. Last pregnancy I only told them after I had a mc and they were very supportive but I also know that they really felt we shouldn't be having another. A lot of my friends knew last time which was good because I needed their support when I mc. With my first two pregnancies I told my parents really early on and they were delighted but number three is definitely different.

This is my second pregnancy too and my husband and I agreed not to tell anyone bc my husband’s sister is preg too and we wanted her to enjoy the spot light along with my husband’s younger brother too. Yes you read that correctly. My husband’s younger brother and middle sister are all expecting plus me makes 3 in the same family at once. His sister and I are just 3 weeks apart. Lol

Well I did tell my mom which slipped and now my whole family knows but none of his family knows yet. He said he just wants to wait. Funny thing is that out of all my husband’s siblings, my hubby is the only married. So I always found it funny how we have to hide it like it’s a taboo or something.

I know one day it will come out, especially since I have to be in my hubby’s biological fathers wedding in November of this year. I’m trying to get out of it bc I do not wait to stand up pregnant 23 weeks.

My last baby I didn't tell anyone but my kids. They're older and had already figured it out.
Everyone else I waited until they asked, which was mostly around the 20-30 week mark (it was winter so easier to hide). I even went on a bikini-clad holiday at about 16-18 weeks and it wasn't picked, despite it being number 5!
I'll do the same this time too.

I didn't want to tell ppl w my last pregnancy. I ended up telling my sister and mom bc I knew they'd be angry if they found out later, but I made them promise to not tell anyone else. Other's I finally told around 24-28 weeks bc I was showing. I loved having it to myself.

Yes....sometimes I want to tell everyone but I just don't want to tell our families. I know everyone will be supportive...but I'm guessing some people will judge us for having two babies so close in age. We will wait as long as possible. I had terrible ms last pregnancy so I'll be happy to wait until eight weeks for family haha.

Last pregnancy I told my parents and siblings and left it to them to tell any family. I told my friends who I see all the time but just let everyone else figure it out when I started to look super pregnant. I never posted anything pregnancy related on facebook either. I definitely responded to people who mentioned it and wrote things in comments and also posted photos. Most people were pretty surprised when I squeezed out a son. Lol. I'll probably do the same this time.

I'm actually doing 100 happy days on instagram so thinkibg I'll save it for day 100 when I'll be around 24 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->