Anyone else get this??

Yellow Star

Reaction score
:wave:Hi everyone!

I got married last year, husband and I are both 30 this year (not til the end of the year for me!), so I will be nearly 30 by the time we start TTC.

I have lost count of the amount of people that have asked when we are going to have children, it seems as soon as you're married you have to start trying!! We decided that we would like to have some time 'just us' as a married couple and go on some nice holidays before starting a family.

So many people have offered 'friendly advice' on how 'you don't want to leave it too late', 'what if there's something wrong' bla bla bla...is 30 really that old to have your first baby?!

I don't think 30 is old to have your first, a lot of people wait longer to have kids then they used to. I think it should just be whenever your good and ready.

I got married May 2007 when I was 25 and yep I got that and still do! It is abit annoying isn't, none of their business lol

I'm nearly 28 so just started ttc but I do think if you can, having time together before kids is invaluable. And 30 isn't too old at all!

30 is definitely not too old! Everyone is different and you decide when the time is right. I get it but the other way around, they say 'omg you want a baby? But your so young!' 'Don't you want to live your life?' etc etc. I tend to ignore them now, it's my life and I'll do what want with it thank you very much, lol:)

Oh and ps my mum was 40 when she had my little bro!

On my first day back in work after getting married somebody asked when we were starting a family! It's ridiculous, I had literally been there about five minutes. The worst thing is that the people who ask are normally the ones who you would be least likely to confide in!

My husband is 31 this year and everyone keeps asking him, I'm only 24 so I don't get the question alot :p

30 is definitely not too old! Everyone is different and you decide when the time is right. I get it but the other way around, they say 'omg you want a baby? But your so young!' 'Don't you want to live your life?' etc etc. I tend to ignore them now, it's my life and I'll do what want with it thank you very much, lol:)

Oh and ps my mum was 40 when she had my little bro!

I get that one too, oh yeah my mum was 39 when she had my younger brother too :) and my stepmum was 30 when she had my first sister and 32 when she had my second, so don't think it is old

Yep we get it too - I am now 23, hubby is 28, and it you get the question atleast once a week, or more if at a family event!

what makes it worse for me, there is a guy in my office that was married on the same day as us, and he has just announced she is 4 months pregnant... "so umm... frankee... isnt it your turn now?" ummm no... well thts my response - I don't need reminding that Hubby isnt quite ready yet... cheers mate...
ugh
lol

and no - 30 is NOT too old for your first baby - unless you want 10 of them... :d

If all goes smoothly, I will be 30 when I have my first child.

I was asked by my sister once not long after we were married (aged 25) and my mom told her off and said it was none of her business!

To be honest nobody has asked since, which has surprised me. Although most people know we're trying to clear debt so perhaps this is why they don't ask.

The only person who I do get constantly asked by is my sister! She is desperate to be an auntie, lol. I keep telling her, you find me a nice stable admin job and we will get on our way with making a little niece or nephew for you! haha.

No way, my auntie had her first at 41 and she is a wonderful mummy :) She waited until she had the funds and time for a baby and to have IVF (she took first time, go her!) she is very happy with her little boy and I am pleased for her.

30 is definitely not old. Although I personally will be trying at 22, my mum was 30 when she had my brother and 33 when she had me :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->