Anyone else glad they've left it till now to have their baby?

palange

Reaction score
I'll be one month short of 36 when my LO arrives. I'm so glad I've left it till now to have a LO. Anyone else feel this way?

I'm so ready for my baby. I don't feel that I'll every look back and think 'i wish i did this before my baby etc etc....' I can't wait. I know it'll be a challenge but I'm sooooooooooo up for it

:thumbup:
xx

I am 40 and some days I wish I had it a lil earlier as this has been so amazing I maybe would have had two! But I think due to leaving it this long I will have one! However, I have lived a great life, had many experiences I would not have had with a babes. So I essence I am happy!

I was 4 months short of 36 when my son was born, and have to say I felt really similar. I mean, sure there's things I havent done yet that I hope to do in the future, but I've had a career (and it didn't make me happy, I regard it as a job not a career now), I've travelled (there's always more places to go to but I look forward to going as a family now) and most importantly I've made a lot of mistakes and learnt a lot of lessons. 10 years ago I was a mess, and in no way capable of bringing another human being into the world and doing right by that person. I was single, depressed, miserable, I needed help and I didn't know how to ask. things got really awful around the time that I turned 30, but from there the only way was up, and I got through, put my life back together. met my husband when I was 32, we had a few rocky years but knew we'd stay together, and we planned our family. by this time I'd convinced myself that my unhealthy lifestyle for the previous 20 years would have taken so harsh a toll that I'd not be able to conceive, but I was wrong, and we did. I could not be more grateful nor more appreciative of everything. I feel like the luckiest person in the world for having my beautiful son, he lights up my life, and now we're to be blessed with another. it's astounding to me how things have changed. if I have any regrets it's that I wasn't ready for children or capable of being the sort of mother I hope to be when I was younger, just so if we decided we wanted more children we'd have time. but I know I am a much more patient and less selfish person now, so overall I am glad things worked out this way.

it's always going to be a challenge, no matter your age, but I think when you've waited and you wondered if it'd ever happen, you're more prepared to deal with the hard times and appreciative of *everything*, good and bad. :)

Hello, I am 37 and will be 38 when my bubba comes into the world. Me and hubby are so glad that we are expecting and also the fact that we have left it this long - reason being: we have been on many trips and travelled, I have concentrated on my career so will always have work in the future but most of all we feel like we are mentally prepared to bring a precious one into the world and feel we are now more balanced human beings than when we were in our twenties. The only one thing that I do think about being pregnant at this age is all he higher risks involved - but then the higher risks can come at any age xxxxxx

I'm very happy that I'm going to be a first time Mum at 35. I didn't meet my husband until I was 30, and it's been nice to have time to get to know each other properly before starting a family. And it's good to now be in a financial position where we have working part time, or even stopping work are realities for me. Had I had a baby in my 20s I would have ended up being a financially struggling, full time working single Mum - this way works much better for me.

I never thought I would be "Mother Material" until I found out I was expecting at 41 years old. I have traveled and worked hard for the majority of my life. I can look back and say I really enjoyed all the vacations that I was fortunate enough to take and friends that I've come into contact with along the way . Although I am a nervous reck right now, I am so glad I waited to move on to the next chapter in my life. I don't think I've ever been happier than what I am now.

Tina - you are a mirror image of me - exactly the same thinking xxxx

hellywelly summed it up for me. We have both travelled, have good jobs our own home and now is a great time for us to have kids. I am 38 and my hubby is only 30, but we have had our fun and both want this more than anything now. I do think that I had more energy when I was younger but that is about it.

My mum had her fifth child at 45!

My mum had her 4th in her late 40's too. I must admit I had my last baby quite late and actually am far more chilled this time around. Not sure if thats because of my age or experience.

Congrats BTW.

:happydance:

For me personally, I am glad that DH and I waited until our 30s to start trying for a family. We were married at ages 21/22 respectively and have had 15 wonderful years of marriage together where we have pursued our careers, matured our love for one another, and built up a stable home and lifestyle that we believe is perfect to raise a family. Even though our TTC journey was a little longer and emotional than we thought it would be for our first child (2 years and a loss :cry:), I think our life choices were perfect for us. If we had tried for a family right after we were married, we would have struggled financially (and money issues can add so much stress to a marriage).

I also think that, being a bit older, I have a lot more patience with children than I would have had in my 20s.

I know everyone is different, and there are so many wonderful mommies who are fortunate enough to start their families sooner than we did, I just think for me, and for us, we made the right decision.

I feel EXACTLY the same... I just know it worked out this way for a good reason. I feel totally ready... mentally, financially and physically! I can't say I would have felt the same in my 20's! lol. I'll be just about 38 when my first LO arrives... and I SO look forward to it! Kinda funny... cause not once have I had any freak outs since I found out. Took me a bit to believe it was actually true as we'd been TTC for so long... lol... but I'm READY!!!!

I'm sure I'll have some struggles, don't get me wrong... I know this is going to be the most challenging but wonderful experience :)

Yeah. I had a career as a pilot which would never had happened if I'd had a child, as I was gone all the time. But that career is now done and I have no desire to ever return to it. Also, I didn't meet my husband until a couple of years ago, so it wouldn't have worked out anyway.

My little guy is a year old now, but yes I`m also glad I waited. Sure if I had met my wonderful husband before 34 perhaps I would have had him sooner. But I`ve travelled, I have a great career and I`m totally in love with this mommy business now ;) I had our son at 38, dad was 28. We`re hoping for another. On another note the pregnancy was difficult and I ended up giving birth 13 weeks early, to a super preemie who spent 100+ days in intensive care. It was nightmarish at the time but fast forward a year and our son is doing great. BTW the complications were due to an existing medical condition, not age :thumbup:

I'm 36 and will be 37 when my baby is born. I'm due on January 1st, 2012. I'm SO glad that I waiting until now because I finally have a really stable life -- a stable relationship, a solid sense of myself, a successful career behind me (or ahead of me, but I won't have the feeling that my kid will be stopping me from succeeding cuz I already feel I have succeeded), and I just know that this is the time for me to take this step. I don't have any regrets about waiting in the least!

Well you ladies seem to have all the reasons down - I was 38 having my baby and am glad I waited. I would have been 36 having my first but we had two mmc's - my only regret is that if Id had the baby at 36 then i would definately have had another one - now DH and I arent so sure BUT I know for certain that waiting until mid-late 30's for me (and him) was the right choice. Didnt meet him till I was 32 for a start and am glad I didnt have a child before having one with him. Also we have done the going out partying thing - its nice now to do the family thing. Our baby is our world and we are VERY happy for it to be so. I have a good job and we are stable financially, yes its tiring and yes its probably a little easier if you are 22 than 38 in that respect but apart from that Id choose this age rather than that age for me personally everytime - I wasnt ready 15-10 yrs ago and wouldnt have made a good Mum- im ready now and :)winkwink:) make a great one! :)

Mizze xx

Yes, absolutely. I wouldn't have it any other way. We waited a year after we got married before trying and knew that it was right for us. I had a good job. My OH was going to be able to stay home full time and care for our child while I worked. I can't imagine doing it any other way.

I had my 1st born at 31 years and hubby and I were married for 10 years before she was born. Now we are expecting #2 and I will be 37 when this one is born. Ideally I would have probably opted to have #2 before I was 35 but it didn't happen this way. Having said that though, there are many many things I like about being an older mom. We are WAY more financially stable then we were at say, 25. We had A LOT of time together as a married couple and I feel our marriage is very strong because of it. There are indeed a lot of pro's! A con would be I wish I had the energy level I had in my early 20's. But that's why there's caffeine, right? ;)

This thread makes for interesting reading! Lots of ladies that have had great, rewarding careers and then decided when time was right.

Me too. I met my OH at University when we were 18, we got married 3 years ago and now I am 36 and expecting my first baby. So glad I waited until now - I did my Ph.D., worked in US for 5 years, came back to UK for the most incredible job and last year was nominated to attend the Royal Garden Party in recognition of what I do in my job! I feel like I have really reached such a high point in my career, that I am ready to take that year off and enjoy my baby. We're only having one baby, but we're going to love and cherish it so much!

Oh yes we are glad we waited to have children.

I never ever thought of children/babies when I was in my 20's - I was too busy career-wise and too busy enjoying myself at weekends.

Me and OH met when we were 27.

We both have well-paid jobs, cars, nice house etc.

If I had children early on, then I dont think we would be in such a financial position as we are, would have been a struggle.

This is our 2nd baby, will arrive when I am 35. We do plan on more....:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"