Anyone else glad they've left it till now to have their baby?

Sometimes I feel as if it would have been better to have started earlier but the bottom line is that I was never in a position to do so, so I try not to look back. However, I have had immense fun in the 15 years that I have waited and cannot say for one minute that I have missed out. I have had a rich and fulfilling life and have never denied myself anything.

I always tell myself that I will tell my son or daughter that I waited until I had something valuable to share with them before I had him/her: life experience. I hope that he/she will think that he/she has a cool, adventurous, knowledgable and fun mum who's lived a bit even if she is a bit 'old'! :haha:

I always tell myself that I will tell my son or daughter that I waited until I had something valuable to share with them before I had him/her: life experience. I hope that he/she will think that he/she has a cool, adventurous, knowledgable and fun mum who's lived a bit even if she is a bit 'old'! :haha:

awww this is soooo nice!!!! :flower::thumbup:

DH and I got married when I was 22, he was 24. Both of us were done with college and working on our careers. We had DS when I was 28, he was 30. It was nice to have 6 years just the two of us. I was a working mom, and we still managed to travel and have lots of nice stuff. This time I will be 36 and DH will have just turned 39 when the baby arrives. DS will be 8. I am now a stay at home mom since I lost my job 2.5 years ago. We are in our dream house. DS will be old enough to help with the baby. I am much more relaxed this time, maybe because I am older or because I know what to expect. The biggest difference will be staying home with the baby. I would love to work part time, but the cost of daycare doesn't make it worth it to work. I am so glad we waited to have #2, even though it wasn't 100% planned. Maybe 50-75% planned. :)

definately!! ive gained invaluable work experience and excellent certifications in the IT industry, ive done the girls holidays, also managed to travel the world on my own... i wouldnt change a thing... i was ready to be a mum at this time of life!! I doubt i would have achieved any of that if id had a baby at 18! xx

Nope, not me, however, we didn't actually wait this long to get pregnant, we've been trying for years, and then last year, decided that 40's were a time for us, and I would get sterilised this year - how wrong we were

Yes I feel im much more settled now, more mature, more ready to be less selfish.
I feel iv achived all i wnated to career wise, had a nice car, house, been married 5 years, it was perfect timing :)

Don't regret a thing of my life, good jobs, living abroad, partying like mad...... all I ever wanted was to get married and have a family but when that didn't happen I lived :) Now I'm ready to settle and focus on my family :) x

me! I'm 35 and don't think I would have felt ready before now to become a mum :) I realised I was changing my outlook in my late 20s/early thirties when I couldn't decide on a place to go travelling because I'd been to all the places I'd wanted to when I was younger and instead of going out partying I preferred to take my niece or nephew out for the day without a stinking hangover.

I became a mature student at 32 doing a course that now let's me work from home so when it is time to go back to work I won't be struggling to build a career like I would have been a few years ago. That aside I still do get moments when I'm worried I'll find it difficult adjusting to being a mum because I've spent so long just looking after myself but I'm sure that some of my life experience will kick in and I'll be fine!
xx

Excellent thread :)

I think this is the perfect time for my and my DH. He was my first love at 18 then we went our separate ways, I got married to a fuckwit of a man and never at any point over the years wanted kids, no way hosay!! Just shows you when you're with the wrong person, you know in your heart - you just need your head to catch up!! :rofl:

Left the fuckwit and reunited with my DH 3 years ago and got married one year ago and this is just the icing on the cake for us. :cloud9:

My heart has always been his and I guess deep down I knew I wouldn't ever have anyone else's children.

I'll also be 36 when Banana comes along and DH 39, but we're hoping to have another almost straight away.

I've had good and bad life experiences, worked hard and played hard, lived in NZ and I've built up a career and our own businesses over the last couple of years and I just hope from all I've experienced I can provide our family with as much love and guidance as possible in the world. :kiss::hugs:

What a lovely thread. Im 36 weeks and will turn 36 a week before my due date. OH is the same age and we often bemoan the fact that we have left it quite late.

Reading all your comments has made me realise that we are in a much better position now than we would have been.

OH and I met 6 years ago, married 5 years ago and have been busy ever since. I didnt want kids before I met him, but once we were together I knew I did want them, but we kept putting it off - mainly due to my career, which was all over the place, but is now settled.

The bottom line is Im healthier now than I was 10 years ago. My career is steady and it doesnt define me anymore (as someone else said, its a job now) I know what I want in life (my family) and we have sufficient funds to buy what we need *but the common sense to know what I dont really need to buy - and not to buy things based on appearance*

Im also in a much better position to take some time off unpaid, and know that we can survive and that if we cant afford the best and trendiest clothes then it doesnt matter.
Im sure that 10 years ago I wouldnt have wanted to buy second hand, but Ive hardly bought anything new at all!

Definatley! I wasn't ready before - was with loser guys or single too which isn't ideal for starting a family! Took a year out to go travelling, came home met my Husband and the time was finally right. I feel very lucky to have a little boy already (13 months old), and am now pregnant with our second. I was a few months from 36 with my first, and will be 37 years old when our next little one is born. May like to try for a third in the future - will have to see! (will see how challenging have 2 under 2 is first maybe!) Feel very lucky to be slightly older and able to concieve fine. Very excited to be having another!

There is NO way I was ready in my 20's. I spent the better part of those years partying, having fun. I was in a long term relationship with my ex, he wanted kids, I didn't. We we were engaged for like 7 years. LMAO. Apparently something in me KNEW he was not the right person.
I met my DH and found out I was pregnant with DD on our 1st anniversery of our first date. Now we have another coming in Feb 2012.
My life is more the homebody type now and it is no big deal, where I feel it would''ve been in my 20's I always wanted to be out and such. I for one am so glad I waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->