anyone else going to be away from lo for the first time overnight during labor?

ArmyWife1984

Mommy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
The closer i get to my due date ...the more i want to cry thinking about it.

We have a 15month old and we have only been away from him a handful times for only a few hours at a time for date nights.

This will be the first overnight away from him and i am so sad thinking about it.

I tuck him in at night always, i read him a bedtime story, and give him a bath......
will he think i left him?? :cry:

Mil has offered to stay at our home which is awesome so LO will be around his familiar surroundings...and she said she would bring him up to see me everyday....but he is so young....i can't explain to him what is going on......

I was thinking of getting him very comfortable with grandma this summer so by the time i give birth..he will be happy to see grandma. Right now he is very attached to me and dada only......

Anyone else struggling too? Or been through this? Thank you!

My first night away from my son was when I was in the hospital with #2, he was 2.5yrs and did great, as he was very comfy with my inlaws and they brought him I the hospital several times to visit. This delivery will only be his second time my oldest stays overnight with them, and he's very excited. My youngest will adapt
Just fine, too. Don't stress, your baby will better than you think!

My daughter who is 23 months now, so a bit older...., will stay at my mom and dads when i have this baby soon. We've had her stay overnight a few times in the past 3 months, and she did fantastic. Since she's done it a few times, and knows what to expect now, its like a treat for her to stay at grandmas now, so something she will be excited about when I am in the hospital soon.
From our practice trials, I also have gained a sense of calm, knowing she does well, eats sleeps as normal, over there. It has calmed my worries of her being without me for a few days. Now it's one less thing for me to worry about, so maybe if you can just try to have your mil stay overnight and give it a practice run before you actually have to leave for the big day...
I know how you feel though, I was nervous being without her. To be honest, I think it was harder on me than it was on my daughter our first night separated! Good luck!

My son is 5 years old and I can count the number of times he's had sleep overs on my one hand. When I go in to have this one, it will be the longest that we will have been away from him. As I had pre-e and a post partum haemorrhage with my son the consultant thinks that I am prone to it happening again - last time it meant over a week in hospital.

We've started telling my son that he may have to have a little stay with nanny and granddad when his sister comes. He's not liking the idea as he wants to know why he can't stay at the hospital with us. As I have 8 weeks left to go, if we tell him weekly that he may have to stay over, he'll get used to the idea.

I am not looking forward to leaving him with others - hopefully my labour this time will be normal - fingers crossed :)

I felt the same as you when I had my second. My first was 17 months when I we t into have him.. We'd never left him over night and he was fine!! My mum came and stayed and don't think he even noticed!! He is now 6 and my second is 5 neither have been left overnight since I left to have my second!! Again ill just have my mum stay. Don't worry I think it's us parents it bothers much more than the little ones xxx

I didn't want the first night apart to be when she would come home and have to share us. She stayed at my mum's a few weekends ago so it wasn''t all change at once.

Dh and I went out as I couldn't stay in without her here!

Yes. I am so sad. Don't know how I'll cope without my 16 month old or my partner with me - it will be just the newborn and me. I've never been away from my baby for more than a couple of hours, and that was only three or four times in his life. Poor kiddo... He's always a mess without me. :(

Hopefully he won't be mad when I come home with another baby. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->