Anyone else got an invasion ...

Nat0619

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
... Of moths?! I hate the things! I can put up with little ones but OH has had to get rid of 5 'big ass' ones from upstairs in the last 24 hours :nope: They've made me close the windows almost (just left a bit of a gap) and it's so flippin' warm. I can put up with most bugs except these and wasps x

haha sounds like my house. I have a crap ton of little ones and every once in a while i have big ones. And when we do then there all in the same day. They are nasty. Every year seems to be the same thing. I totally agree about the wasp thing too omg i will run like a crazy person if one of those comes near me haha or i throw my dh in front of me haha

Same here! And those tiny little greenflies too. Woke up this morning to loads of them dead in my bathtub! Also our garden also seems to have been taken over by dragonflies!

Yep, I hate the tiny little ones never mind the big ones, we have a load of them on the back door (luckily the outside part) and you can see them all trying to get in! We've had a few big ones so far this year though, OH has had to get rid as I can't stand them xx xx

Yes we seems to have loads.

Apparently moths are becoming a big problem again in this country. It's partly due to the fact that we are advised to us cooler washes for our clothes. The cool wash doesn't kill off the eggs so therefore when the clothes are put away in a warm place the eggs hatch and we get a load of moths. You can put some clothes in the freezer and it kills the eggs off.

Yep, I got ambushed by one the size of a bat when I went to the toilet the other night, I was flailing like a mad woman and whilst on the loo had a roll of toilet paper at the ready to bat it away if it came near me, can't stand them and they always seem to fly at me as well!

Spiders are another one at the moment, it's that time of year again:( we cut the tree in the front garden down, the tree was quite close to the house and I'm convinced all the spiders living in it have now moved into the house because of us having the windows open due to the heat.

I hate bugs, they're not welcome in this house at all!

I hate moths. We recently moved and our new place has tons of them. Such a pain to get rid of.

hang some comfort sheets from the window. they hate the smell & wont come near, same with mozzies. x

Spiders are another one at the moment, it's that time of year again:( we cut the tree in the front garden down, the tree was quite close to the house and I'm convinced all the spiders living in it have now moved into the house because of us having the windows open due to the heat.

It's nearly conker season, collect as many as you can and put them on your windowsill, spiders don't like them (no idea why, mind) but it stops them coming in the house! :)

It's nearly conker season, collect as many as you can and put them on your windowsill, spiders don't like them (no idea why, mind) but it stops them coming in the house! :)

Ohhh conkers?! Gonna get some one them. I have a fear of spiders...a little money spider could crawl across the floor and i would be out of the room :nope:

The other night a moth was in our bedroom and I had the side light on, the light was reflecting off my glasses and the moth was flapping around my glasses, i was flapping around so much Hubby thought i was having a seizure

Ohhh conkers?! Gonna get some one them. I have a fear of spiders...a little money spider could crawl across the floor and i would be out of the room :nope:

The other night a moth was in our bedroom and I had the side light on, the light was reflecting off my glasses and the moth was flapping around my glasses, i was flapping around so much Hubby thought i was having a seizure

Yep, apparently so. I think its probably the smell of them spiders don't like but in my mind it goes more like this:

Spider comes into the house after a hard day's fly-catching. There's a conker on the windowsill, its round and shiny, spider sees his reflection in the shiny conker hall of mirror style, spider thinks "Woa, that's a BIG spider! I'm gettin out of here before he beats me up!" Spider leaves the house.

Nope. But I do everything n my power to keep them out as I have a deep et fear of the fuckers. Means sweltering with no window no windows open until all lights are off once the sun goes down. We have loads of flies rightnowthough. I don't understand as we definitely haven't had an issue with maggots et inside xx

We do this - or should i say we did. Esther likes to try and eat them so at the moment we can't have any out. Prior to that we always had them in the corners of each room. It works for the most part as we've hardly had any spiders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->