Anyone else had a cyst found on ovary at dating scan?

Flins26

Mother of 3
Reaction score
I had my first scan yesterday which dated me at 7wks, 6days today. My lmp said I would be 8wks, 3days today and the yolk sac was measuring 9 days. All perfectly fine according to the lady doing the scan and the doctor. There was a strong heartbeat at about 156 beats per minute. Then she said I have a pocket of fluid next to the yolk sac but it's only very tiny but could explain the small amount of spotting I have had. I also have a decent sized cyst on my left ovary. She said this can happen sometimes if the egg came from that side but I need to keep getting it checked at each scan. I have had a small cyst years ago which went away on its own and I wasn't pregnant at the time. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Im worried it may keep growing and get twisted or something awful :'(

I had my first scan yesterday which dated me at 7wks, 6days today. My lmp said I would be 8wks, 3days today and the yolk sac was measuring 9 days. All perfectly fine according to the lady doing the scan and the doctor. There was a strong heartbeat at about 156 beats per minute. Then she said I have a pocket of fluid next to the yolk sac but it's only very tiny but could explain the small amount of spotting I have had. I also have a decent sized cyst on my left ovary. She said this can happen sometimes if the egg came from that side but I need to keep getting it checked at each scan. I have had a small cyst years ago which went away on its own and I wasn't pregnant at the time. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Im worried it may keep growing and get twisted or something awful :'(

I had two! My doctor noted it but didn't act like it was a big deal. (3.5 cm and 2.9 cm right simple ovarian cyst)

That's great to know!! Thanks so much. I wasn't sure if it was very common or not. Did they go away on their own?

I had one on the left side. It was about 2.4 cm at 7 week scan. Had my second scan and it was resolved. I did have pain in that ovary fr a few weeks, but now that is gone as well. You got to wait it out. It might grow, but usually it resolves. Good that they are keeping an eye on it. Even if it has to be removed, it can be done without harming bebe. So, try to relax and think about resolving. I tried that as I had cyst and a reasonable sized puddle of blood at placenta and that had been absorbed by my body as well. Xx good luck xx

That's great to know!! Thanks so much. I wasn't sure if it was very common or not. Did they go away on their own?

I'm not sure. Because I haven't had any problems, I'm not due for another ultrasound til around 18 weeks.

I had one on my lefty ovary. The sonographs R said that's where I would have ovulated from. She measured the size, printed a picture and put it in my notes. They checked it at the 20 week scan and it was smaller so they said it would just disappear by itself in time. No cysts this time round. It doesn't sound like anything to worry about x

It's most likely a corpus luteum cyst which is completely normal. I didn't have one this pregnancy, but did with my daughter's and it doesn't cause any issues other than a little pain here and there. It usually dissolves within a couple months.

I had one with this pregnancy at an early scan, completely gone by my 12 week scan. Its very common.

I had one and the midwife said it was very common and usually goes away by itself :)

I had one at my 7 week reassurance scan. They said it should have gone by the 12 week scan but they will check for it.

I have one on my right ovary. It definitely hurts off and on through the day but my doctor doesn't seem concerned at all.

Thanks so much for your advice everyone, I feel much better now knowing that it can be quite common xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->