Anyone Else Had a Troublesome Episiostomy?

LockandKey

Reaction score
I had to have an espisiostomy to have my LO, it's now 6 days later and I thought I was recovering well, but yesterday it really started to hurt. I knew I was on my feet for too long, but I really didn't want to be in the house all day. Then I sneezed and got a bad pain in my lady bits, and when I went to the bathroom to look at it with a hand mirror, there is a thin red line along where the stitches are. I'm worried that it is reopening. What do you think? Did any other ladies have trouble with your episiostomy? How did you recover?

I had an awful time with mine after my 1st baby. The pain got worse daily, I had numerous midwives and a gp take a look and all said that it was fine, until one morning I stood up out of bed and had got to the point where I couldnt walk from the bed to the bathroom, I literally screamed, my partner insisted we get me bk to the hospital, where finally a consultant saw that it was infected and burst the infected area that was causing the problem. It was pain worse than labour for those few moments but I was able to walk bk out of the hospital like a different woman.

Im not suggesting yours are infected, what I am saying is get checked out and if ur stil not happy get checked again and again til u feel "right" because they do miss things!

Hope u feel better soon hun x

Definitely get it checked out - probably at your post-natal ward. Mine was agony after 5-6days, had gone back into hospital as my baby was badly janudiced and as I was having such trouble moving they inspected it and put me on 2 lots of antibiotics. All my stitches had dissolved in less than a week for some reason - but have had it checked again today and it's now healing nicely and not hurting in the same way.

sounds horrible, as if taking care of a newborn isn't hard enough. I'm going back today, but they said I really couldn't make an appointment for it, same day evaluation, so I will probably be waiting for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->