Anyone else had confirmed influenza case whilst pregnant?

KatBar

~Lucky mumma of 2 boys + girl on the way~
Reaction score
I've tested positive for a strand of influenza and need to take Tamiflu for 5 days. I've already had the flu for just over a week (took awhile to get results back).

Of course now I am anxious about what this could mean for baby, especially as you don't really get a straight answer from doctors/midwives..

I know Tamiflu is a category B drug, and they just don't know what effects it may, or may not have. But it also just concerns me that I've had the flu basically untreated for a week.. I am already not feeling a tonne of movement due to anterior placenta (I am lucky if I feel him at all every 2-5 days apart), so I can't rely on that to be reassuring unfortunately.

Anyone else had confirmed flu and everything be ok?

Yep, I had the flu (also in Vic) about 6wks ago. I did not have any treatment (other than rest and panadol/panadeine). I was really unwell and barely ate or got out of bed for a week. I was just told to watch for fevers and/or dehydration as they can be issues and my understanding is that *usually* the most dangerous time is first tri. I'm at 24wks now and everything appears to be ok :)

Yep, I had the flu (also in Vic) about 6wks ago. I did not have any treatment (other than rest and panadol/panadeine). I was really unwell and barely ate or got out of bed for a week. I was just told to watch for fevers and/or dehydration as they can be issues and my understanding is that *usually* the most dangerous time is first tri. I'm at 24wks now and everything appears to be ok :)

Thanks Berri! That's definitely comforting to know! I am glad you're all better and everything is looking good with baby :).

I am on the mend now, although the lingering cough is now driving me insane (and keeping me up at night). Can't wait to fully be back to normal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->