Anyone else have a child with tongue tie

Babeonthego

Reaction score
Hi there,
Was wondering if anyone else's little one has a tongue tie. My DS is almost 3 and is struggling alot with his language. He's trying alot now but all words sound similar. He did see a consultant who deemed his tongue tie to be quite mild however it's now getting to the stage where we are going to get it snipped to see if it will help with his words.

The health visitor has no other concerns in relation to his development and it appears to be a total mystery as to why he is struggling with his language. He's now awaiting an appointment for speech therapy. And the tongue tie will be snipped to free his tongue more.

I guess I'm looking for anyone else in a similar situation?

My DD and DS has it, my DD we diddnt even notice as it diddnt effect her eating or her talking which it advanced for her age. My DS tho (he was born 5weeks early) had problems feeding so thy snipped his. Horrible I know but it diddnt bleed and he diddnt even cry.

You can see the little snip on his and my DDs tounge is sort of snake like lol I'll try get a pic to show you x

Not the best as she won't keep still lol and sorry sbout the chocolate on her face :blush:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3
My LO had tongue tie that prevented him feeding. Long story but the paediatrician on the maternity ward wouldn't agree to it being snipped at first, saying they would only do it if it affected his speech later. The midwives faught my corner and we got it done. The consultant who did it said she couldn't understand the problem with babies being referred to her imnediately as it took literally a second, no blood and no crying - no point waiting to see if it caused a problem later if the problem could be prevented in the first place.
He is short tongued which the consultant said he prob would be but we're waiting to see if its just toddler speech or something he has for life.

Hope the snip helps your LOs speech come along x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->