Anyone else have a really hungry baby? Advice?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Seth is on 3 meals a day now. At each meal, I dish him up about what is recommended for his age (or his stage in weaning I think?) which is between 7 and 9 teaspoons of food. I usually give him 9 and afterwards he's still hungry and I dish him up some more and he usually has the same again. He's been on solids since about 4 1/2 months.

As well as these three meals, He's also taking 5 8oz bottles and 2 breastfeeds (naughty, I had stopped but I think Im addicted)

Im just confused because he's eating so much and is constantly hungry, but he's hardly putting on any weight. I posted a few weeks ago he was between the 9th and 25th percentile, and last week he was dead on the 9th. I cant work it out.

Anyway my question was... is it ok to keep giving him more food? Or is there anything I can give him thats more filling? Im so worried Im doing the wrong thing.

xxx

Give him as much as food as he will take , hes a growing boy lol max is the same right now he can eat an entire jar of stage 2 foods and still be hungry .. mabey try him on the stage 2 jars , they are basic meals so veg and meats , or mixed fruits with oatmeal ot yogurt ..

I find after max has his half jar and dosent want anymore I usually top him off with some yogurt and this seems to help allot ..

How much is that? Do you use jars? Is it half the jar, etc? I never used teaspoons so I dont know. Colton always ate the whole jar. Right now he eats 3 Stage 2 jars (4oz each) and has an 8oz bottle every 3-4 hours (about 5 throughout the day).
He still screams for more food after his jar, although I've never given him more than that because I dont want to overfeed him. Usually if he is still hungry 5-10 minutes later than I will make a bottle (just to give him some time to let the food settle and see if he is actually hungry still)

We dont really give him jars he just has what we are having usually. I might try some stage 2 jars and see how he goes with them. He manages lumps quite well because we've never blanded anything and he's always had them so might try some pasta or something as well.

xxx

With my little girl i have her what we had and she didnt put much weight on and HV said it was cos there wasnt much fat content in her food as mostly she ate veg , so i started givin her a pudding jar after he main meal she soon started to gain weight faster xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->