Anyone else have irrational pregnancy fears?

babyfever79

Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I've been terrified since the day I found out I was pregnant that I'm going to miscarry. I don't really have any reasons to believe so. It's just so scary.. I was ttc for 2 years and this is my first baby. I'm just so scared. I keep thinking to myself, nothing good ever happens to me.. What if this is just another bad thing? And I'm so scared to think positive because I don't want to get my hopes up and end up miscarrying and be even more heart broken than I already would be. Is this happening to any other mommys to be? Does anyone have any tips? :cry:

Oh yeah I went through it the first time and im going through it again...before I dragged my SO into the ER this time and got a scan at 6 weeks 4 days and they saw baby and heartbeat, I was having major depressive episodes and I think it was really my fears showing through.
I was sure when I was pregnant with my son that something would go wrong because I could not imagine having a baby in my arms, therefore it would not happen. I was very wrong and had a beautiful baby boy. I think the best way to cope is to accept the fact that your fears are normal and don't feel bad about them but you do have to know it is irrational at the same time and maybe it will make it easier to accept them. It will get easier :hugs:
Honestly the truth is that starting now your worry will never end, it just changes :) because before you know it a little piece of your heart will be running around and you will always worry but its a different kind of worry and of course it's all beautiful and worth it

Thank you so so so so much. It really makes me feel less alone. :) Being pregnant is just so scary… I was actually getting over the fear after I read online that once you get your first scan and you see the heartbeat your chances of mc drop to 5% but my friend recently had a mc a few days after seeing her baby's heartbeat and I broke down crying. I really just wish I could fast forward a few months. This is so stressful!

The first trimester is by far the worst, at least I think so. Just remind yourself that chances are you will be gliding through 12 weeks before you know it

:hugs: You're not alone, first tri is very scary.

I had a mc in Jan at 5 weeks, and then fell pregnant in April. I am constantly worrying that I will miscarry again. The fear is real, and has made it difficult for me to enjoy this pregnancy like I would. I am always checking the tp when I wipe, and always symptom spotting. I'm looking forward to having the first 12 weeks done and over with :(

I was exactly the same with my first, I had four private scans overall! I went into hospital anytime I didn't feel the right amount of kicks, I thought something would go wrong the whole time, it didn't, he was born healthy. Please don't think you're alone thinking like this, perfect place to vent your fears!

I'm 23 weeks pregnant today but honestly the first 14 ish weeks I was just overly anxious the whole time. I was so convinced I was going to miscarry or initially I was convinced that baby would turn out to be a blighted ovum or ectopic.

It was a horrible time with the anxiety and the time dragged a lot but now it seems to be flying by at 23 weeks!

Sending you hugs x

Yes! I'm only 4 weeks, and after a MMC at 12 weeks and another chemical pregnancy, I am constantly anxious. I feel like something will go wrong at any moment, and this can't work out because it didn't the first 2 times. We've been TTC for 8 years, so I can't imagine having a baby of my own, or even making it out of the 1st trimester. I'm just trying to breathe and take it a day at a time.

I'm happy I'm not alone but also kind of upset that you ladies are feeling the same! No one ever told me pregnancy would be this scary and worrisome. I expected it to be scary for the obvious reasons, you have a tiny tiny human growing inside of you.. But i never expected it to be this terrifying. I refuse to even tell more than my father/stepmom and my hubbys mother and sisters. I'm so scared somethings going to happen or I'll jinx it somehow. I wish I could just stay in an incubator until 12-14 weeks. Even though I have a feeling these next few months will be filled with fear as well! I think the fear is also a good sign to us mommies to be though. It shows that we already love our babies with every being in our body and they aren't even born yet. Try to look at the positives! It's what I've been desperately trying to do :p I just wish this was easier!! I wish I knew how to fully enjoy this and not be so worrisome. Every little cramp and twinge gets me terrified. I feel like I'm on google more than I'm actually with my loved ones. Sorry for the huge rant! Pregnancy is just so scary, I honestly wish it was over already so I know my baby's okay. And I'm only 7 weeks. :dohh::wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->