Anyone else have long cycles, and want to join me on the long wait for O?

Tallmom2b

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hello ladies :)

I'm 3DPO and I have long cycles. They are on average about 41 days, but can be around 62 days.
I've been trying herbal teas, like Chasteberry tree (vitex), Yoni tea (red raspberry leaf, red clover blossoms, nettle leaves, peppermint and Alfalfa).
Last cycle was 41 days and the one before that was 62, so i'm hoping the herbs are helping :thumbup:

Just seeing who else is in the same boat and what you may be doing to shorten those cycles.

Hi Tallmom :flower:

I was having long-ish cycles after coming off BC. The longest was 37 days with a short luteal phase of 9/10 days (Ov'd quite late).

I started taking soy and B vits after reading about them on here, and last cycle I Ov'd earlier, with a 13 day LP and a 33 day cycle so I'm pretty pleased.

It could, of course, just be my cycle settling down but I definitely had Ov pains which I've never had before so thinking that could be down to the soy...

Were you on BC previously or have you always had long cycles?

Lisa x

Meeeeee!!

I'm on day 32, last cycle was 78 and one previous 41.

Started trying starflower oil towards the end of last cycle, hoping that helped last time.

Meee!!!! My last cycle was around 66 days. I am on day 40 right now. I have no clue if I have ovulated or not!!! I am taking Vitex and Maca as well. I think I am about to start soon as I have major major bloating, sore bb's/nips, and cramps. if I do start soon I will :happydance: so that I can get on to the next month !!!

I have long cyles as well 35-37, in fact I was just at the dr. today I am on cd 53 and she sent me for some blood work... so if i am going to ovulate this month I probably wont know when :(.... I have been of BC for a year I wonder why after BC periods are so long

heya! my cycles are long and irreg. Since cutting out coffee and taking multi vit Ive got them down to 35 days. Started vitex today... bit disheartened after last month as we dtd on the peak and smiley faces and all that and nothing ..but heres to a new cycle!

Me! Well, maybe - I just don't know! I didn't have any periods on Implanon and before that my periods were very irregular - usually once every two months, but sometimes disappearing for up to six months. I wasn't ttc, so I didn't really worry about it, but now I'm really worried. I'm LH testing every day to try to establish my cycle, so fingers crossed that I do actually ovulate!

xx

I have long cycles too! Last one was 47 days, one before that was 88 :(

Used OPK's last cycle though and had positive from CD33 :) LP was exactly 14 days which i was very pleased with.

This cycle, i've cut right down on cola and coffee hoping that will help ( i used to get through 3 to 4 cans of pop a day whilst in work ) and have bought a CBFM to try and help work out my fertile days

I have long cycles most range from 34 - 60 days.
I am currently taking vitex and b-complex vitamins. I don't know if I've ever ovulated before but this past friday and saturday ( CD 24,25) I was slightly crampy and very emotional ( im not even sure of those are signs !) I'm hoping I can get a somewhat shorter cycle this month.

:hugs: welcome to the, we'll O someday thread! :haha:

Hi Tallmom :flower:

I was having long-ish cycles after coming off BC. The longest was 37 days with a short luteal phase of 9/10 days (Ov'd quite late).

I started taking soy and B vits after reading about them on here, and last cycle I Ov'd earlier, with a 13 day LP and a 33 day cycle so I'm pretty pleased.

It could, of course, just be my cycle settling down but I definitely had Ov pains which I've never had before so thinking that could be down to the soy...

Were you on BC previously or have you always had long cycles?

Lisa x

Hi Lisa! I wasn't on BC before, I've always had long irregular cycles, they seem to be getting a little better as I get older though. I'm 6'1" and weigh 140lbs. So I think that's part of it. I think I may try to take B vit. too.

Meeeeee!!

I'm on day 32, last cycle was 78 and one previous 41.

Started trying starflower oil towards the end of last cycle, hoping that helped last time.

Hi monkey monkey :) I havent heard of starflower oil, tell me more!!! :thumbup:

heya! my cycles are long and irreg. Since cutting out coffee and taking multi vit Ive got them down to 35 days. Started vitex today... bit disheartened after last month as we dtd on the peak and smiley faces and all that and nothing ..but heres to a new cycle!

I think vitex really helped, last was my first cycle on it and even though they say it takes a while for it to start working, I swear it made my cycle shorter.

I have long cycles too! Last one was 47 days, one before that was 88 :(

Used OPK's last cycle though and had positive from CD33 :) LP was exactly 14 days which i was very pleased with.

This cycle, i've cut right down on cola and coffee hoping that will help ( i used to get through 3 to 4 cans of pop a day whilst in work ) and have bought a CBFM to try and help work out my fertile days

Ohhh, I am so tempted to get a CBFM! Let me know how you like it. I used OPKs and charted last cycle and it helped soooo much and I found that my LP is also 14days so that was a good thing even though I didn't get my :bfp:

www.fertilityfriend.com has helped SO much with charting too!

:dust: to you all!

Has anyone heard of or tried Fertilaid? I'm just curious, it has vitex in it among other prenatal vit.

I have funky cycles too- My average is 35 days, but occasionally, they go up to like 50 days :( Right now, I'm on CD22 with no signs of upcoming ovulation now (bummer since I've been using OPKs since CD15 because that's when I ovulated last cycle)- no CM change and all OPKs have been negative. Hoping that I ovulate soon- this wait is almost worse than the 2ww!

I've been drinking decaf green tea, lots of water, and taking EPO (and pre-natal of course)... I've also started taking cinnamon (helps with blood pressure, sugar, and has been said to help with fertility) and today I took my first dose of royal jelly and maca root (started the hubby on these too :)), so hopefully that helps!

Hello again, heard some good reviews on starflower oil, it's supposed to regulate your hormone balance and hence help to regulate your cycle. Been taking it for about 6 weeks now.

Day 33 for me today, had sicky feeling cramps, emotional around day 26/27 so hoping OV was around there...... We shall see

I have funky cycles too- My average is 35 days, but occasionally, they go up to like 50 days :( Right now, I'm on CD22 with no signs of upcoming ovulation now (bummer since I've been using OPKs since CD15 because that's when I ovulated last cycle)- no CM change and all OPKs have been negative. Hoping that I ovulate soon- this wait is almost worse than the 2ww!

I've been drinking decaf green tea, lots of water, and taking EPO (and pre-natal of course)... I've also started taking cinnamon (helps with blood pressure, sugar, and has been said to help with fertility) and today I took my first dose of royal jelly and maca root (started the hubby on these too :)), so hopefully that helps!

I've heard a lot about royal jelly. I think i'll get some. I am also going to get some baby asprin too, I read that it's good to take one a day (81mg). Especially since i've had a MC. I also think i'm going to get Vitex in tincture form (60 drops a day).

I hope you O soon. I'm really praying for a regular cycle this time! :thumbup:

Hello again, heard some good reviews on starflower oil, it's supposed to regulate your hormone balance and hence help to regulate your cycle. Been taking it for about 6 weeks now.

Day 33 for me today, had sicky feeling cramps, emotional around day 26/27 so hoping OV was around there...... We shall see

I'll check out starflower oil too, I'm a little afraid to take too much stuff at once because I'm not an expert. I wish I could afford to go to a naturopath!

Are you using OPKs Monkey monkey? I highly recommend it, it gets a bit daunting when you've gotten like 30 negatives in a row, but it's also great to know almost exactly what day when you have finally O'd.
Oh, I get cramps when I O too. And my boobs start to get sore right after O.

I'm 35 days. Last period March 1 so today i'm 8 dpo and have a wired thing cramp and my back pain got some brown spot. I have to wear pad for now :(

I have really long cycles too. They're usually anywhere from 30-50 days long and I randomly skip periods. I've always been irregular and never thought anything of it but now of course it is tough ttc when I don't know what to expect. It is also very disheartening seeing 34 days to go until ovulation. I am not a very patient person...

I have really long cycles too. They're usually anywhere from 30-50 days long and I randomly skip periods. I've always been irregular and never thought anything of it but now of course it is tough ttc when I don't know what to expect. It is also very disheartening seeing 34 days to go until ovulation. I am not a very patient person...

Hi raelynn, :hugs: it is very frustrating! Are you taking anything to regulate your cycle? I'm so hoping my cycle is shorter than last. I'm doing vitex this time and I just started on baby aspirin. I think I'm going to get royal jelly to try too. I'm hoping one or all of those do the trick! What cycle day are you on?

I'm on CD 2 today so I'm thinking about trying soy isoflavones to bump up O day. I've been reading good things about it bringing on O earlier and stronger. Wouldn't mind shortening this tortuously long wait at all.

Ladies google soy isoflavones... I wish i could have found out about those before getting clomid, i like natural stuff .

Have you tried soy yet Arrielle? Any luck? I've been hearing some really great things about them. Not for people on regular cycles but for shortening longer cycles. I'm going to pick some up today and hopefully take them CD 3-7. Crossing my fingers that O will come earlier. I'd much rather have more chances to catch the egg and shorter waits. Hope it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->