Anyone else have long cycles, and want to join me on the long wait for O?

I'll join since this cycle was a 37 day one. :(

I'm on day 2 of AF so I don't ovulate for a while from now. :(

Hey FertilMertile, I'm on the same CD 2 today. Maybe we can wait it out together. Hoping I get a shorter cycle this time around than the 50 days I had last cycle.

Hey FertilMertile, I'm on the same CD 2 today. Maybe we can wait it out together. Hoping I get a shorter cycle this time around than the 50 days I had last cycle.

Yes, let's wait it out together. I was just about to make a ticker too lol. :)

Ladies google soy isoflavones... I wish i could have found out about those before getting clomid, i like natural stuff .

Have you tried soy yet Arrielle? Any luck? I've been hearing some really great things about them. Not for people on regular cycles but for shortening longer cycles. I'm going to pick some up today and hopefully take them CD 3-7. Crossing my fingers that O will come earlier. I'd much rather have more chances to catch the egg and shorter waits. Hope it works!

I haven't heard of this, I'll definitely check it out, thanks! :)

Ladies google soy isoflavones... I wish i could have found out about those before getting clomid, i like natural stuff .

Have you tried soy yet Arrielle? Any luck? I've been hearing some really great things about them. Not for people on regular cycles but for shortening longer cycles. I'm going to pick some up today and hopefully take them CD 3-7. Crossing my fingers that O will come earlier. I'd much rather have more chances to catch the egg and shorter waits. Hope it works!

I haven't heard of this, I'll definitely check it out, thanks! :)

Oooh, this is good. So, with long cycles like some of us have, it'll shorten it?? and ovulation will come sooner?? I'm on cd2 of AF, when should I start soy?? (I have a 37 day cycle it appears)

Okay, so I copied this from this website, she did a great job of explaining it. :)
Sorry for the long quote, but it's some good info :thumbup:
I like that you only have to take it for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle. I think I would stop taking vitex during those 5 days of taking the soy supplement, any thoughts on this?

Website: https://fertility-challenged.blogspot.com/2008/07/soy-isoflavones-natural-clomid.html

" Recently, many women on FertilityFriend.com have been taking 150-160mg a day for 5 days at the beginning of the menstrual cycle (on days previously mentioned). Side effects reported are similar to Clomid. These vary from increased number of headaches to hot flashes. It has been suggested that taking the dosage before bedtime lessens the side effects.

I was doing some research on FertilityFriend.com to uncover just how many girls have recently conceived while on Soy Isoflavones and what days they took the supplement. I found a girl who took it on CD 1-5, 200mg Soy Isoflavones, and she got a strong BFP at 15dpo that cycle. Her chart can be viewed here. Her HCG levels at 15dpo were 443 and at 18dpo HCG 1,347. Impressive. I found a survey on FF that was interesting as well:

What was interesting is that 75% of the women who tried Soy Isoflavones got a BFP in their FIRST cycle trying. I checked the survey more recently and the number has jumped to 77% since I took the screenshot.

While Soy Isoflavones can help bring on an earlier or stronger Ovulation for these women, I must note that in some women it did not help at all. Just like Clomid doesn't always work for everyone. Right now there are a lot more women trying Soy Isoflavones so I will continue to monitor their progress and report back any news I find.

written by Elle (Founder of TwoWeekWAIT.com)"

hi raelyn. no i havent EXACTLY tried them yet. see by the time i heard about soy isoflavones i already had clomid... so this is my very first cycle of HELP...lol. i wish i xould have tried the soy berfore the clomid. i took my clomid cycle 2-6 then 200mg of soy cd 7 and 120mg cd8. they say with soy you take the ONLY FIVE DAYS if you take them for more they have reverse effects. so i figure technically this cycle i only took them for two days. some women take CLOMID for seven days so i figure that the soy might be a boost....

:flower:

Hi Ladies,

I used Soy isoflavones last month and I ovulated 6 days earlier than in the previous cycle, so effectively shortened my cycle :happydance:

I took them CD2-6 in increasing doses. Didn't have any side effects.

I've taken them this cycle too and have just got a positive OPK today (CD18), which is a definite improvement on my first few cycles of ovulating around CD22-25.

I know they don't work for everyone but I've found them great.

Hope this helps!

Lisa x

:flower:

Hi Ladies,

I used Soy isoflavones last month and I ovulated 6 days earlier than in the previous cycle, so effectively shortened my cycle :happydance:

I took them CD2-6 in increasing doses. Didn't have any side effects.

I've taken them this cycle too and have just got a positive OPK today (CD18), which is a definite improvement on my first few cycles of ovulating around CD22-25.

I know they don't work for everyone but I've found them great.

Hope this helps!

Lisa x

This DEFINITELY helps!!! I'm getting this!! :) thanks so much!!:happydance:

Picked mine up today. I'm planning on taking them CD 3-7 this cycle. I ovulated on CD 34 in my previous cycle so I am crossing my fingers that it will help bump up ovulation. I've heard eggs that don't release until really late aren't as strong and have a hard time implanting in older uterine lining. Hope it works for all of us about to give it a try![-o<

You are not alone :) I have the same problem, my cycles vary from 45-50 days. I am not sure if there is anything you can do to change that, but I look forward to trying techniques others suggest. :D

I have long cycles apprently since TTC,

October 8th, 78 days later Dec 25th, 14 days later, Jan 14th, Now: CD59 45 DP0 (I think if I ovulated) Since Jan 14th, I had lightish pinkish spots. Then somewhere along the line I had brownish cm for 2 days. Temping since Jan 14th, for the past 5 days now its been 97. (Perhaps fixing itself)

Been having abundant cm all through out. But no EWcm.

Been using preseed the past 2 weeks. Its not too bad, but I find you lose feeling.

Next expected ovulation day is the 18th of March. (cross fingers)

Going to wait until the end of March to see if AF comes, if not I think I will check with the doctors.

Hi this is a good thread! My last cycle was 6months....I finaly has AF :) Which lasted a shocking 6days! Mine are normaly 3 days, even if its only one a year. So ive had a good clear out hehe. And today AF stopped :) Im taking vitex, rasberry leaf, folic acid and metformin (hopefully a potion for sucess) x

hi, im Catie. Dh and I are trying for our first. I went off bcp dec 8th, no Af for 43 days. Now on cd53 with no signs of o or Af. not really sure what's going on but just waiting for something to happen! At least hubby and I are getting a lot of practice. lol!

Picked mine up today. I'm planning on taking them CD 3-7 this cycle. I ovulated on CD 34 in my previous cycle so I am crossing my fingers that it will help bump up ovulation. I've heard eggs that don't release until really late aren't as strong and have a hard time implanting in older uterine lining. Hope it works for all of us about to give it a try![-o<

I've heard this theory too. I had a mc after a long cycle. My last AF was the beginning of Feb. 2010 and I found out I was pregnant in May. Had the mc at 5 weeks.
If I don't get my :bfp: this cycle, i'm going to try the soy next time. I think it maybe too late in my cycle to try soy now.
I hope it works great for you, keep us posted :thumbup:

You are not alone :) I have the same problem, my cycles vary from 45-50 days. I am not sure if there is anything you can do to change that, but I look forward to trying techniques others suggest. :D

:hugs: You came to the right thread :)

I have long cycles apprently since TTC,

October 8th, 78 days later Dec 25th, 14 days later, Jan 14th, Now: CD59 45 DP0 (I think if I ovulated) Since Jan 14th, I had lightish pinkish spots. Then somewhere along the line I had brownish cm for 2 days. Temping since Jan 14th, for the past 5 days now its been 97. (Perhaps fixing itself)

Been having abundant cm all through out. But no EWcm.

Been using preseed the past 2 weeks. Its not too bad, but I find you lose feeling.

Next expected ovulation day is the 18th of March. (cross fingers)

Going to wait until the end of March to see if AF comes, if not I think I will check with the doctors.

:hugs: It's so frustrating! Have you been using OPKs? I've gone through a lot of them because of the long cycle but it helps pinpoint ovulation.
How's your chart look so far?

Hi this is a good thread! My last cycle was 6months....I finaly has AF :) Which lasted a shocking 6days! Mine are normaly 3 days, even if its only one a year. So ive had a good clear out hehe. And today AF stopped :) Im taking vitex, rasberry leaf, folic acid and metformin (hopefully a potion for sucess) x

Hello chan! I started out drinking raspberry leaf tea everyday and my cycles seemed to get shorter. After my mc I my cycles seemed much more regular but as the months went by they got longer again, so now i'm trying vitex too, in tea form. I'm stepping it up and i'm going to get vitex in tincture form. So we'll see when O comes this time. Good luck to you :hugs:

hi, im Catie. Dh and I are trying for our first. I went off bcp dec 8th, no Af for 43 days. Now on cd53 with no signs of o or Af. not really sure what's going on but just waiting for something to happen! At least hubby and I are getting a lot of practice. lol!

Hi Catie :hugs: I've heard that sometimes it takes awhile for your system to balance out after going off BC.

I hope we all get our :bfp: ! :dust:

I just read some stuff on Soy Isoflavones and I read taking it for a long time could lead to thyroid cancer. :( So, that's out. I'm gonna look into Pre-seed.

I just read some stuff on Soy Isoflavones and I read taking it for a long time could lead to thyroid cancer. :( So, that's out. I'm gonna look into Pre-seed.

Ugh, bummer. What did they consider a long time? I wonder if trying it for a cycle or two would hurt? Thanks for the heads up though.

Ugh, bummer. What did they consider a long time? I wonder if trying it for a cycle or two would hurt? Thanks for the heads up though.

I think a cycle or 2 won't do any harm but I think using it any longer than that could cause some harm. It can also cause headaches and stomach upsets but I think those two I could deal with. I'm looking into Fertil-aid and that is all natural with no side effects. Also, they have it for guys as well, in case their sperm count is low or the motility of their sperm is slow. There's also Fertil-CM which helps the lining of the uterus to support a pregnancy, helps you be more fertile and even increases the sex drive. I'm looking into Fertil-aid and Fertil-CM above everything else right now. I looked into Pre-seed but it could cause yeast infection, skin irritation and slippery intercourse, which could lead the guy to not really feeling much. I also don't like that it has to be injected up inside of me lol. I'm weird about those things. Also, you have to have sex within 60 mins of applying it.

I'm really not trying to be a downer here but I'm just giving the info on all the things we could use but I think the best thing would be Fertil-aid/Cm cuz it's natural and no side effects.

Fertil-aid has some great reviews too. I may try it if a couple cycles with soy doesn't get the ball rolling.

I think a cycle or 2 won't do any harm but I think using it any longer than that could cause some harm. It can also cause headaches and stomach upsets but I think those two I could deal with. I'm looking into Fertil-aid and that is all natural with no side effects. Also, they have it for guys as well, in case their sperm count is low or the motility of their sperm is slow. There's also Fertil-CM which helps the lining of the uterus to support a pregnancy, helps you be more fertile and even increases the sex drive. I'm looking into Fertil-aid and Fertil-CM above everything else right now. I looked into Pre-seed but it could cause yeast infection, skin irritation and slippery intercourse, which could lead the guy to not really feeling much. I also don't like that it has to be injected up inside of me lol. I'm weird about those things. Also, you have to have sex within 60 mins of applying it.

I'm really not trying to be a downer here but I'm just giving the info on all the things we could use but I think the best thing would be Fertil-aid/Cm cuz it's natural and no side effects.

I was wondering about Fertil-aid, I already take a prenatal vitamin, so if I go on Fertil-aid i'd have to stop taking the prenatal.
I hadn't heard about Fertil-cm though, I'll check that out.

Fertil-aid has some great reviews too. I may try it if a couple cycles with soy doesn't get the ball rolling.

I was wary of the soy until I found out you only have to take it for 5 days. I might just try it and see. That is if I don't get my :bfp: this cycle :)

www.fertilecm.com
https://www.fertilaid.com/fertility-supplements.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back