Anyone else have really painful stretchmarks?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Mine are itchy and really sore and get irritated if my bump band is on them or anything, anyone else have this? I put cream on every day but it doesn't help.

Yes sweetheart I have this. You should tell your midwife about it at your next antenatal appointment so that they can take a blood sample to check your Liver function. They did this for me and it came back clear but it's still better to be safe than sorry :hugs:

I had to stop using stretch mark cream because the smell was making me sick. So I got a fragrance free one... and then I got a terrible rash over my bump from scratching and couldn't use it anymore on the broken skin. Now it is healed, I am going to start using it again! xx

My liver? What could be wrong?

Are yours awful? I heard that they're worse when you're young which sucks. Mine are horrible, I may as well tattoo an atlas on my stomach.

My liver? What could be wrong?

Are yours awful? I heard that they're worse when you're young which sucks. Mine are horrible, I may as well tattoo an atlas on my stomach.

Itchy skin and itchy stretchmarks during pregnancy can be linked to and caused by Liver Dysfunction. Severe itchiness in the second or, more commonly, in the third trimester can be a sign of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy, a liver problem. When bile doesn't flow normally in the small ducts of your liver, bile salts accumulate in your skin and make you itch all over. The itching can be quite intense. The condition itself doesn't cause a rash, but you may end up with red, irritated skin with little cuts in areas where you're scratching a lot.on your health and your baby's condition, you may be induced before your due date. This problem goes away after you have your baby, although you may get it again with your next pregnancy. :thumbup:

I know it may not be this serious but your midwife will still want to check it out JUST incase there are any problems sweetheart. My stretchmarks are horrendous. I look like a tiger. It's all over my stomach, my sides and my back!! :blush: xx

Thank you hun I'll ask next week at my check up. Don't like the sound of being induced though =/

Glad I'm not the only one! Feel as though everyone in third tri has perfect scar free bumps, don't know if it's luck or their age.

Thank you hun I'll ask next week at my check up. Don't like the sound of being induced though =/

Glad I'm not the only one! Feel as though everyone in third tri has perfect scar free bumps, don't know if it's luck or their age.

I think it's just luck sweetheart. Stretch marks are extremely common in pregnancy and it's strange NOT to get them :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->