Anyone else have spotting at 4 weeks?

Polkadotpea

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Did anyone else have spotting/light bleeding at 4 weeks when period would have been due? I got my faint BFP at 10DPO, in the early hours of 14DPO I started having cramps but it was mainly on my mid to upper abdomen predominately on my left side, away from my uterus. Although I did have some minor cramps and twinges down there and all over to be honest and low backache! When I woke in the morning I wiped and had a light pink patch the size of a 2p coin, a short while later I had a bigger patch of pinky/red blood that was a little slimy, and after that just a small amount of brown stain which was very light and it got less and less until just a tiny amount of brown stained CM by early afternoon, that eve about 6ish after being on my feet for hours I wiped and had a very light pink stain again. I've had nothing since in terms of blood, I did have pains in my upper abdomen but when I went to the loo the next day my stool was quite hard and I had some trapped wind that night and the following day I kept going to the loo a mix between hard and soft! And since that has all been out my system most aches and pains have gone, just general twinges and a little backache. I've had 3 pregnancies all resulted in live births and never had any bleeding with them. My back is shot due to all my previous epidurals and spinal and EMCS with my last delivery 18 months ago. I took a test on 14DPO the day I spotted with SMU and it was slightly darker than 12DPO, I tested at 16DPO as well and it was darker again (with FRER tests) and have been testing daily with cheapies everyday and they are getting darker too. I have been driving myself insane and feel very worried and upset. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm waiting for my date for my early scan through the post as drs wouldn't take my bloods.

ETA: bottom test is 16DPO, I'll be 18DPO tomorrow and will take a FRER again with FMU.

Thanks in advance:cry: x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi, I had this last week when I was approx 4 weeks & had it with my previous pregnancy which resulted in a very healthy (now 2 year old) daughter!

Try to relax, I was informed previously it's really common & just our bodies going through all the changes, not necessarily a bad thing!

Wishing you a h&h 9 months!

Hi, I had this last week when I was approx 4 weeks & had it with my previous pregnancy which resulted in a very healthy (now 2 year old) daughter!

Try to relax, I was informed previously it's really common & just our bodies going through all the changes, not necessarily a bad thing!

Wishing you a h&h 9 months!

Thanks so much for your reply, I've heard it's common but not with the cramps and back ache which is why I'm worrying so much, and I suffer from hyperemesis and start being sick from week 6 until the end of my pregnancy, and I was feeling nauseous since 7DPO, and then the day before I bled I thought to myself I didn't feel nauseous or that pregnant and then i bled, and felt sick with worry, I felt very sick yesterday morning but no so much today. I'm analysing and worrying about everything as much as I try not too as it would do no good for the baby xxx:hugs:

Sorry I have no experience of bad cramps with spotting, just the general pregnancy aches! I'm sure you are fine, maybe take another test in a day or so just to check the lines still getting darker?

Sorry I'm not much help! X x

Here is today's test (bottom) it's darker again, I hope this means something x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 5
I had the same thing...bfp on 10 dpo and my bleeding was the same but started on 12 dpo. everything is okay so far! Have you made an appointment with a doctor or midwife yet? Depending on where you are if you mention bleeding or spotting they will get you in much sooner. Once you get a scan you can get that real relief of seeing the baby of course 4 weeks is probably a bit early to see even a sac. Your test look like mine did too and are getting stronger :thumbup: Good luck and welcome!

I had the same thing...bfp on 10 dpo and my bleeding was the same but started on 12 dpo. everything is okay so far! Have you made an appointment with a doctor or midwife yet? Depending on where you are if you mention bleeding or spotting they will get you in much sooner. Once you get a scan you can get that real relief of seeing the baby of course 4 weeks is probably a bit early to see even a sac. Your test look like mine did too and are getting stronger :thumbup: Good luck and welcome!

Hi Pandi, thanks for replying :flower:

Did you have any bleeding after the episode at 12dpo? Have you had your scan yet? I've seen the dr one said it's too early for a scan or to take bloods, I went back the next day and saw a diff dr, he wouldn't take bloods but has sent a referall to the EPU for me to have an early scan as he thinks I'm further than I am, but I'm pretty sure of my dates and that they are accurate, I think he is worried about the pains that accompanied my bleeding, they seem to have gone now I'm hoping they were unrelated as they were so high in my abdomen the worse ones. I'm in the UK. On the drs due date calculator they use a spinning wheel, using my LMP puts me 1 day further ahead than my ticker so I'd be 5 weeks on Wednesday, not sure what they'd see at 5 weeks on a scan? Congratulations on your pregnancy wishing you all the best xx:flower:

I bled for 5 days at 4weeks I had cramps too, the cramps are most likely your ovaries waking up to produce progesterone for your baby, you wouldn't feel an ectopic this early on.

Bleeding can be normal as ling as there is no clots. Try not to over analyse line as they are designed to say if your pregnant or not, not how far along your are.

All the best. X

I bled for 5 days at 4weeks I had cramps too, the cramps are most likely your ovaries waking up to produce progesterone for your baby, you wouldn't feel an ectopic this early on.

Bleeding can be normal as ling as there is no clots. Try not to over analyse line as they are designed to say if your pregnant or not, not how far along your are.

All the best. X

Hey zoie, congratulations on your pregnancy.

The cramps weren't down low so much but up in my abdomen. Yes I know it's too early to feel for an ectopic or rupture, but I think that's what my dr was worried about incase I had got my dates wrong. The bleeding wasn't red and I had no clots either, I've been testing as I feel like it's the only thing within my control at the moment iykwim.

Thank you and yourself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->