Anyone else having a massive baby!

I have big babies and I'm expecting a 10lb baby he measured ahead at my 20 week scan and I have a growth scan at 28 weeks so we will see what he is then I'm glad I'll be having a csection I have a tiny pelvis and I think pushing a 10pounder would kill me

I just had a scan today. Baby is estimated at 8 pounds, 88percentile

My boy is measuring at 6lbs 1oz at 34wks & I'm pretty sure he's just had a growth spurt! His head is 97th centile & abdomen 95th. I'm so nervous! I have another scan at 38wks, apparently if he's predicted to be over 4.5kg then they worry. That's around 9-10lbs I think? Not sure why they make the measurements in lbs, but the Drs talk in kgs! If he gains the normal .5lb a week, then at the next scan he'll be around 8lbs!

I have diet controlled GD, so I'm not sure if that explains his size.. DH is 6'4 & had a big head as a baby, so some of it is genetics I'm sure!! I'm hoping baby's stomach is just long, but scrunched up because he's squashed, rather than big as big tummy usually = big shoulders.

last time they told me I would have a huge baby...she was just 3.700 k. at 39 weeks, not that big....sometimes they get it wrong.

I have my next growth scan on the 22nd september - 34 weeks - but i am beginning to think i might not make it - braxton hicks have been getting unbearable in the evening and i have been off my food and feeling nauseous most days now - oh and the pressure in my pelvis is ridonkulous i feel like baby has pushed its head right into my pelvis when i sit down and i have to squidge it back p when i stand up before i can walk!!!!

ME! I'm due another big baby, I have had 2 sizing scans and at 36 weeks he was 8lbs so they are estimating 10lb 13 at full term.
My first two were 7lb 8 and 10lb 11, I had a natural water birth with George my second and all was fine so I'm not overly worried about the weight. The head size is scaring me a little though!! It's off the chart!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 7
And this is George when he was born - what a little chunk! But like a previous poster said no harder to push out than the first!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 22
My little boy weighed 3lb2 at my 26+4 ultrasound. He came out at 8 lbs 12.5 oz. :thumbup:

My baby's on the 98th percentile and estimated at 2kg at 30wks, im a bit worried he's going to be huge but it's good to hear the positive birth stories!

My ds was 10lb 14.5 oz. I did ultimately have a failed induction and emcs but it wasn't horrific. I took the pain meds, used the birthing pool and got through it. All worth it to have my little chunker in my arms at the end of it all.

How'd your growth scan go?

Private 4d scan showed a 4lb 3oz baby at 28+3.

Hes my 1st boy, my hubby was in 9lb range.

I don't know for sure as I haven't had any scans with measurements since 20 weeks, but I have a feeling my baby is massive.. My first was 6lbs 4.5oz at 40+5, so my dr isn't concerned about me having a huge baby and I'm measuring right where I should be on the outside, BUT, I consistently measured a couple cm behind with my first baby, so I know this baby is at least a little bigger than my first.. Also, despite what I'm measuring, I look huge, everyone thinks I'll go early. I have these really big painful stretch marks really high up on my stomach that I never got with my first and when this baby moves around she feels way bigger than my first did..

My dr already said he does not think I will need a growth scan, but I kinda want one.. To the point where I contemplate faking reduced movement or something so I can get one.. I just want to put my mind at ease. I wouldn't want to be induced early or have a c-section or anything, though, so, if she is big, I'm almost wondering if it would be better not to know? I'm going to try to push her out all natural just like I did my first, so I'm not sure what good it would do to know?

I think you're better off not knowing tbh. You'll only psych yourself out. I'm due to be induced next weds because of reduced movements & GD.. The last consultant I saw was slightly concerned about his weight & suggested that being induced at 38wks is probably for the best! I'm worried he's going to be huge.. A few weeks ago, he was 6lbs 1oz.. My MW reckons he's already 8lbs! She thinks by next week, he'll be 8-9lbs! Time will tell!

They dont always get it right.... i was told at 38 weeks i was having a 10lb baby. He was actualy 7lb8oz xx

I'm expected to have a big baby he was measuring ahead at 20 weeks I got my growth scan 7th Oct at 28 weeks so I'll find out how big he is but I'm deffo showing a lot more this time round

My DD1 was 8lb 14 at 40+2 and DD2 was 10lb 2 at 42 weeks.

I have a big bump but did also with my last two. I imagine this one will be similar and would rather deliver closer to my due date for obvious reasons.

DS1 was born at 38+2 weighing 9lb 2, so another big baby!

My DD1 was 8lb 14 at 40+2 and DD2 was 10lb 2 at 42 weeks.

I have a big bump but did also with my last two. I imagine this one will be similar and would rather deliver closer to my due date for obvious reasons.

DS1 was born at 38+2 weighing 9lb 2, so another big baby!

Congratulations! Did you go into labour naturally?

I did go into labour naturally but was being monitored as baby was in a transverse unstable lie. Once I was in active labour I had to have EMCS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->