• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else having growth scans?

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
This is my growth scan at the moment, I’ve another scan in a weeks time. I’m starting to worry a little. They say these are customised based on my bmi, height and previous babies.

anyone else having these?

B65B3113-0D6D-4D77-B95A-447AE761CA5E.jpeg

My previous pregnancys i never had growth scans but they said i was going to have a small baby because i hardly showed and they monitored me through the pregnancys. Both my girls were 7.2lb and a good size, the size of your bump can be deceiving. Im not that big this time either im 26 weeks now. So will wait and see what the chart says when they start measuring my bump. I wouldnt worry too much they go by the size of your bump but some ladies have a tiny bump and hide it well and have perfectly healthy sized babies

My bump is actually a good size so I am surprised the measurements of baby are small on the scans. They measure her head, tummy and a leg bone. Due to my bmi they don’t measure my bump and just do the scans.

all my other babies were quite big, except my youngest who was a lot smaller and they induced me at 38 weeks. I’m wondering if I’ll be going back down that route with this baby. Just been worrying me with it getting lower on the bottom line x

I had growth scans alot for the last 2 months of my pregnancy of my 13 month old but she had iugr so they had to watch her closely. She weighed 4lbs 14 oz when she was born at 37 weeks

I’m having these too. Your figures look okay at the moment but it’s good they are monitoring you if baby is getting on the small side.It looks like they are still within average though so hopefully you have nothing to worry about.
It’s not silly, it’s really important to have them if they are needed and they have saved a lot of baby’s lives. It’s the best way to know if there is something wrong that may mean they need to be delivered early or urgently.

Ive not had mine yet but Im due them at 28, 32 and 36.

Do you see a consultant or midwife after your scans? Have they not given any reassurance on what could be causing it?

With my third i was having them monthly (my daughters were almost 10 lbs so when i was having a boy they freaked out thinking he would be bigger). He ended up being the exact same size as the girls. This time I wasn’t supposed to be measured but was at 36 weeks and they estimated 9 lbs, meaning by my due date he could be 11 lbs. my midwives have no concerns with me going natural but if i don’t go by my due date they have to offer me a c section. I have a feeling i will go in the next couple days; due on Monday!

Absolutely not silly at all! I had growth at 28 32 and 36. I was told they like them to follow a simarlar pattern and stay roughly around the same centile line. If anything didn't measure up then I would have been sent through to maternity day unit. Do u have a consultant app after you'd scans to discuss? If you feel unsure of anything you can always request to see someone. Don't be afraid to voice your opinions. Sometimes you need to. I wish I had been more forceful in my last pregnancy xx

This is my scans from this pregnancy. scans being the circles and lines x

Screenshot_20191125_172913_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks everyone xx

yeah I’ve been having appointments with my ob after the scans. The dr just said we will rescan at 34 weeks rather than waiting till 36 as originally planned. They said if I have any episodes of reduced movements to ring them and get checked out, although she’s been quite active lately so I’m not too worried on that score.

I’m just a bit worried that they have dropped in the last couple of scans. I’m hoping she doesn’t drop any further tho and go off the bottom of the graph. They’ve not said what could be causing it x

Not silly at all they are actually live saving in some cases.

I had growth scans hon I had them at 26 30 34 weeks with my DS
He was 7lbs at my 34 week growth scan and I was asked repeatedly if i had been tested for GD because he was so big. I was completely freeking out because I'm only very small and pattite.
I ended up being induced at full term and my so called giant baby was only 7lbs 6oz (my ticker is wrong)
On the growth scans he was on the 98 percentile but now he is just under the 50th.

They predicted my DD weight wrong to. Was told she was gonna be big and she was only 5lbs 7oz.
So please dont worry to much. Growth scans can be out by 2lbs either way.

I also agree they are not silly! They are not 100% accurate no, but definitely not silly and can give some indication to a growth problem.

I had a few growth scans with my all my babies, my second I only needed one, my first baby was always measuring smaller, and she was born 3 days overdue at just 7lb in weight, 30th centile and completely healthy, my 3rd baby I had a few growth scans and predicted him to be around 9lb at full term, he was 8lb 12oz at 3 days over due, so very very close to what they predicted as he was a few ounces off 9lb and 80th centile.

As long as they are following a line, and there is no drop down the chart I think baby will be fine, just small! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->