Anyone else having it had betas done?

Al4321

Reaction score
I been having my betas done for suspected ectopic (no bleeding) pain in right side, had an ultrasound at 4 weeks and 4 days saw absolutely nothing.

4week4 day - 512
4week6 day - 842
5 week 1 day - 1681
5 week 3 day - 2800

They only doubled in 48 hours once, I was in excruciating pain day before yesterday I had a ruptured cyst on my ovary, they done ultrasound at 5week1 day and saw free fluid round my ovary and an empty gestational sac 4mm in my uterus.

Something isn't right is it? Still in pain with my side

The only thing you can do is wait for another ultra sound. When is your next appt?

At the point you are at in pregnancy, it would not be unusual to see an empty sac. At least the fact that it was seen in your uterus is positive. Unless you had twins, which is really rare in itself, I don't think you need to worry about ectopic. My doctor told me that they usually can't see everything in the sac (the baby with a heartbeat and yolk sac) until levels are at least 10,000. The pain in your side is most likely the corpus luteum cyst. This cyst sustains the pregnancy until the placenta takes over at 12 weeks so you will get pinching pains on and off until the second trimester. Since you had a cyst rupture, that in itself would cause quite a bit of pain too until the fluid is absorbed by your body.

Your story is so similar to mine. Back in December I got my bfp, pain in my right side. GP sent me for HCG, result 585, second lot 2 days later 1033, pain gets worse so I went to early pregnancy 4 days later they couldn't see anything on the scan. Did another scan the next day saw nothing. HCG -2508 they expected higher after 4 days. 2 days later HCG -4318. So not doubling as it's supposed to, they want me to see the consultant to talk about termination. I tell them I can't do that until they locate the baby. Go back on New Year's Eve to see the consultant who scans me and finds a very small sac in my uterus :) I was over the moon cause it wasn't ectopic. He sent me away and told me to wait 2 weeks and then go back. I went back on 15th January to find a very healthy baby measuring 8+1 with a strong heart beat. I am not 10 weeks 3 days. I stressed for weeks so I totally know how you are feeling. But try and relax, there's is nothing you can do but wait to see if something does grow. It's great that they have found a sac in the right place and your HCG is going up regardless of if its doubling or not. Good luck to you, I really hope you get to see a baba at your next scan xx

I forgot to mention that I still get a few sharp twinges on the right side now. I just try and ignore them and assume they are normal or down to a cyst that they haven't picked up on ultrasound xx

Thanks for the replies! Reassuring just strange cause all my other pregnancies more than doubled in 48 hours! Still strange too that I have two 2cm corpus Leutum cysts on the same ovary !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->