Anyone else having to wait years before TTC?

We waited 5 years before we had our son. It was the soonest possible time we could afford for me to stay home with him, which was very important to us. I can't imagine giving him over to someone else to take care of. If you're in school/work in the day and need to study at night... your baby would only be getting your leftovers. You'd miss so many milestones... like the first time to push up or sit up or roll over or grin or LAUGH (this will melt your heart) or coo or goo or gurgle or babble, or hug or kiss or crawl or walk. My son is 16 mo old now and is doing something new every day. It is priceless to me that he has new experiences (first play dough, first time to color, etc) and new words (he's saying about 2 new words a day now) with Mommy, not with a stranger paid to watch him. People want to say that "you can have it all" but you cant... something always gets shorted. If waiting means that your baby won't get the short end of the stick, you're doing the right thing.

I totally agree hun. I'm really hoping when the time comes if I'm a solicitor as I want to be that I'll be able to work from home. Did a module on child daycare in psychology and that totally set me against it. Like you say, I just couldn't hand my baby over to someone else to witness all of those special moments. Thanks so much for your support! :hugs:

Eeeee!!! Been speaking to the OH about my stupid levels of broodyness recently, told him I didn't want to wait until I was 30 to start trying... And since he wanted marriage before kids and I wanted kids before marriage (bearing in mind he hasn't proposed xD we're still only young and officially I still don't want to get married lol), I suggested a compromise...

We'll start TTC when I'm 25, so that's in 2014!!!!!!!!!!

So excited!!! :happydance:

Georgie, let's be 2014 hopefuls! :thumbup:

Stay strong everyone :D our time will come!! :hugs:

:happydance: go you hun!

Im hoping that it will come round super fast...Oh wants to get marries first too...so we are planning on getting marries Jan 2014...x

Do you know which month?

x

Hehe no, we've not talked months yet, largely for 2 reasons... I don't wanna scare him too much just yet and we have no idea what our circumstances will be in 2014. My birthday isn't til November, and he won't be 25 until August the following year though, so it all really depends on what's going on in our lives then ^.^

I'm just so glad to finally have a year to look forward too!

I am also still at uni an am hopefully finishing in 2011 and if not I' maybe start then anyway.

At least 7 years for me (being realistic)
Could be 20 years if I don't find the right person! (but that's just downright depressing :lol:)

I'm 16 and doing my AS-Levels this year, then onto Uni and then job etc so looong wait :(

:hugs: to everyone - our time will come :flower:
xxxx

I've got a 3-4 year wait myself

currently doing my MA, then applying for law training contracts..so its gonna be a wee while, now had the implant fitted after 2nd miscarriage in september

Hoping to save as much as possible before TTC, the financial side is mega for my oh..as he already has two kids. Want to put 20k away first. Something to shoot for :)

It totally sucks waiting, I dont want the implant or to wait at all, so its just torture, I have been literally counting down the days to have the implant out!! more than 1000 days:nope:

Hugs to everyone else with a long wait ahead:hugs:

Errrm, for me its either going to be 2011/2012/2013..But we're not sure which yet lol. :D

I'm only just turning eighteen so i'll have to wait quite a while! It's annoying when your so broody but i know it's the best thing to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->