Anyone else here can't watch OBEM ??

sandilion

Reaction score
I watched one born every minute today and i feel so traumatized!!

I have realised I just cant watch it until after I have delivered ... then no doubt i wont feel the need to by then.

But man ... i wish what was seen today could be unseen. I can't get it out of my head and its made me feel so uneasy now!!!

Sorry to be a downer all. Just had to get it out.

I love the show!

I always thought they dressed things up a little bit in that programme. Sometimes it looked so easy :haha:

I love it to. I watch the UK and the USA on. It makes me feel better seeing what other people go through

I love watching it too, anything to do with babies :) when I was pregnant with my Son it was on right up until the time he was born I think, not seen it for a while though. Due tomorrow and would love to sit down to watch one tonight still x

I love the UK show!

Watching labours/births really doesn't bother me, even when I'm close to going through it all myself. I know from experience that every delivery is totally different and everyone handles pain differently, so it shouldn't be something we fear. Women are amazing! :)

I think the issue with me is i had a traumatic birth with my DS, and watched a bit of a traumatic concerning one today and it brought up a few anxieties and emotions. :\ I started sobbing uncontrollably on the couch in front of DH and I kept saying "Im scared, I am so so scared" :haha:

Im a big sook with now. I might try and watch it again tomorrow with a different out look.

I used to love it and watched the whole way through my first pregnancy but after a traumatic birth with my little one I found it really upsetting to watch afterwards. Every time I saw the parents getting to hold their baby straight away and the three of them enjoying those first precious moments as a family, it reminded me what I'd missed out on and I'd get really upset and the traumatic births just brought everything back.

Was able to watch it for the first time since then during the week!

I usually absolutely love it! However, I am having a section this time and lots of their sections seem to be full of drama and worry. I just don't fancy watching that right now or reminding myself what it looks like when they make the incision! I'm sure I'll be back to watching it afterwards though ;)

I like watching ut but i disagree with a lot of approaches they take. All the lying on their backs being told when to push.

No!! I love OBEM and am crazy addicted whether I'm pregnant or not. I do dislike the US one but I totally adore and love the UK one. Wish there was an Aussie one!

I totally love it! UK and USA version,watched a USA one today while chilling drinking my raspberry leaf tea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->