Anyone Else Hoping for More 'In' Time?

MImom2be

Recent Mommy~6-13-13!
Reaction score
Is it bad that everyone around me keeps saying, "We can't wait til she's here (our daughter) aren't you excited?" and all I can think in the back of my mind is, "Hell no, let her stay in there!"

I'm terrified of being a mom, terrified of screwing her up permanently, terrified of how my fibromyalgia is going to affect my ability to be a parent, and of course, a million and one other worries!

Funny thing? I asked my husband how he felt, his EXACT words: "She can stay in there another 3 years, I'm terrified of being a daddy!" :haha:

It's so funny how others are so ready for her to be here, and honestly, hubbs and I would be content with her staying in there LONGER. Obviously, we realize she HAS to come out, and we WILL be excited once she gets here, but we both just feel so overwhelmed with preparations and trying to move! I'm almost 8months pregnant and we're scheduled to move in a MONTH! I'll be 9 MONTHS PREGNANT! Hubby NEVER lets me lift a finger when we've moved in the past, but we've never moved with half of a Babies-R-Us store before LOL

Anyone else totally crazy and moving while HEAVILY pregnant?

We're so ready to meet the boys, but then I'm nervous when they're in there since my first didn't make it past 27 weeks.

The love you have for this baby when he is in your arms....you wont remember your feelings now. Being a Mom to these wonderful blessings....every year you say...oh my this is the cutest year ever....and we have been saying that for seven years! It is amazing to watch them grow....

I feel the same, I am not wanting the pregnancy to hurry along at all, I wish I had another couple of months really! We are also moving house in around a weeks time so I will be nearly 38 weeks and also looking at the possibility of a c-section 3 days after we move. Crazy yes but that's just how things have panned out :) good luck with it all!

Its easy for them to be ready! Lol they aren't taking care of the baby :haha: but on a side not I have fibro it sucks but hasn't effect too much with my kids. Yes it makes it harder that they want my attention and I just want to take a hot shower :/ but honestly it could be a lot worse

Nope! I want her out! Lol

I want him to stay in for atleast another 2 weeks... I say that because Im already dilated to almost 2, and 50% effaced, and my daughter was born at 35+6, so anything after that or around that time, and NOT EARLIER, and Ill be happy!

Thanks for the responses ladies!

I agree, we WILL be excited when she gets here, it's just so scary right now, hoping and praying she holds off til we can get moved! Sadly, finances don't allow us to move any sooner, and I mean, it's not like we CAN'T stay where we are now, but we're just ready to be rid of this problematic house...it's only a 1997, but needs the roof replaced, the air conditioning is going out every other day, there's mold in one of the rooms, so basically it isn't the SAFEST of options for a baby right now...

Thanks again ladies, we ARE looking forward to meeting her, I guess I just feel like I can keep her safe while she's inside of me :/ *SHRUG* I don't know.

I think I felt a bit like that with my first, I wasn't terrified but just a bit apprehensive about the unknown. It's a big learning curve whenever it happens. You'll be absolutely fine and will be so over the moon when you meet your little one xx

I'm with you - everyone keeps asking me if the last few weeks are dragging and I'm like nope, I'm enjoying being off work, pottering around in the peace and quiet and spending quality time with DH. My life is about to get mental and change so much soon and I think it's normal to be apprehensive about what's coming. I started my ML at 37 weeks and would have been gutted if I hadn't had some time to myself off work to relax before baby came - in the same way that you want to get your house sorted before baby comes!

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to meet my little one and am so excited to go into labour and be a mother, but it is still so scary!! Also Have a feeling that once / if my due date passes I will start to get very impatient :haha:

I am okay with waiting! I had my first DS at 35+4, so I am really hoping to make it to 39. I know a lot of people who are trying to get the baby out by 37 weeks, but I want to make it to 39!! Besides, I only have 18 more days, so I feel like I won't be ready any earlier than that!

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to meet my little one and am so excited to go into labour and be a mother, but it is still so scary!! Also Have a feeling that once / if my due date passes I will start to get very impatient :haha:

I totally agree! If my due date comes and goes and she STILL isn't here, I'm sure I'll be chomping at the bit by then ;)

I felt exactly the same as you. However once I reached my due date, I was fully prepared mentally and physically to meet my baby. I'm still waiting too!

I can sympathise with some of it, my OH is getting impatient and wants our boy here but I'm so not ready. Luckily I'm 33 weeks so potentially have ages left but I'm in panic mode.

We are waiting to move house, meant to happen weeks ago but the joys of moving house have put it back and it's making me anxious. I feel I need a few weeks sorting the new place out, all the baby stuff is in boxes at my parents do I've not washed or set up anything. Plus from a selfish reason I want a bit of time to myself to chill before he arrives. Every week our move drags on is a week less prep/chill time.

Also I understand your fibro worry, I have chronic fatigue and although I'm actually feeling the best I have in about 3 years I worry about how I'll cope once baby is here. If it comes back bad I'll really struggle to cope. Have you felt better in pregnancy, there are studies on the hormones we have in pregnancy as a lot of ladies improve in this time - it's after that's a concern.

X

I can sympathise with some of it, my OH is getting impatient and wants our boy here but I'm so not ready. Luckily I'm 33 weeks so potentially have ages left but I'm in panic mode.

We are waiting to move house, meant to happen weeks ago but the joys of moving house have put it back and it's making me anxious. I feel I need a few weeks sorting the new place out, all the baby stuff is in boxes at my parents do I've not washed or set up anything. Plus from a selfish reason I want a bit of time to myself to chill before he arrives. Every week our move drags on is a week less prep/chill time.

Also I understand your fibro worry, I have chronic fatigue and although I'm actually feeling the best I have in about 3 years I worry about how I'll cope once baby is here. If it comes back bad I'll really struggle to cope. Have you felt better in pregnancy, there are studies on the hormones we have in pregnancy as a lot of ladies improve in this time - it's after that's a concern.

X

Same here! I've washed NOTHING, I've set up NOTHING and other than organizing into boxes and bags and taking a count of items, I feel like I'm just dragging my feet!

Actually, my Fibro has been pretty darn wonderful, I mentioned that to my husband when we were about 16wks along, how my pain and fatigue seemed to wane a little, but as you said, when I lapse into a BAD episode, I'm down for WEEKS. And obviously, I cannot be down for weeks with a newborn!

I'd certainly never want my daughter to be in there TOO long and need a bunch of medical intervention, but if she made it to my due date or a LITTLE bit beyond, you wouldn't hear any griping from me! Just gives me more prep time!

*hugs* thanks to ALL of you ladies for understanding, don't get me wrong, I'm excited to hold her and to see her beautiful face, but I'm so worried I won't be prepared :(

I want her out bc I don't like being pregnant BUT I'm not ready for her to be out! I just bought a house a few weeks ago and still have tons to do on it...just moved in last Thursday and don't even have my living room furniture yet or my fridge (even tho it's supposed to be delivered on Monday! yay!!) I have my first load of her clothes in the washer right now, but her room is a mess with stuff just piled everywhere. And yep, I'm scared too. I'm single and will be doing this by myself and have no clue what to do with a new baby.

Don't worry too much about not having anything done ladies... I'm nearly 36 weeks and I know the longest ill go is 38+5 as if he's not out by then I have to have a section... And I've done nothing hahaha...
I think it's normal to want em in longer...

I'm different every day... Last week I was crying in the bath and dh came in thinking something was wrong... To which I just sobbed "I don't want him to ever come out... I love having him in my belly"
Then this week it can't come quick enough... I feel really sick the last few days and can't sleep well...
Then next week ill probably want him to stay in again lol... Can't win

I joined local mommy groups during first trimester. It helps me gain confidence in being a mommy when I see other first time moms with their little ones. They have so many stories so I can get an idea of what to expect. There are also plenty of mommies-to-be, like me, and we are experiencing this journey together. I highly recommend you find other moms in your area.

Furniture delivered, room set up, bags packed, so over being pregnant & ready for him to be here already!

im ready to have him out but mainly cos ive had the worse pregnancy and just want him in my arms so i know hes safe. im not prepared things wish we have clothes but nothing set up yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->