Anyone else in nesting phase yet??

Sew_Sweet

Reaction score
The past couple days I've REALLY started getting concerned with "nesting" - for me it has been organization and cleaning. Now I'm not a slob or anything - but I do have a 7 year old and a somewhat sloppy husband lol. I work full time so our house is rarely "spotless".

This weekend I was out getting all kinds of crazy cleaning supplies and organization systems - all kinds of weird stuff I could usually care less about. Right now all I can think about is getting home from work so I can clean my bathroom completely - like every surface of it - and put up my Christmas shower curtain. LOL. It's just very strange for me to want to rush home to... clean lol. But it's all I want to do lately!

I think I may have overdid it a bit yesterday on the laundry. I think I'm going to start making my husband carry the baskets upstairs for me! My back was killing afterwards.

Anyone else in nesting phase yet?

Yeahh,mine has started for sure!
I have been cleaning out my drawers today,putting all the baby clothes in. I have washed loads of Aliyah's clothes that the new baby can wear (very good condition stuff) and just drying that now too.

Def me. We had all the carpets steam cleaned and I went through every room/ closet in our room and organized and donated a lot of stuff to make more room.

We are the first of our friends to have children and I'm also finding I have no desire to really leave the home often.. I'm so tired everyday and really just like sitting on the couch - which is SO NOT ME.

Me, but for big jobs. Last weekend I decided to strip and re paper the front room! Now I need to do the dining room so they match but Im waiting for my oomppfff to return.

I get phases where I want to clean and organise. But lately I've been the opposite lol. I've been getting home and just collapsing on the sofa. I've had to really fight with myself to be able to do my paperwork when I get home. Bring on mat leave lol -.-

XxX

Me! Last week i organized and cleaned out my huge messy closet, but wound up over exerting myself and throwing up. So I try to keep it simple and do small things everyday to fufill my nesting instinct

I have nesting instinct and urges really bad but I can't do much because I live under a tarp in the jungle. :-( We were gonna build a house but there isn't enough time so we are getting an apartment in the nearest city within the next two weeks....I can't freaking wait, I need a more secure, clean place to nest besides just outdoors.

Every weekend I pick one area to clean and organise - one weekend it was the bedroom closet, last weekend it was a cupboard in the living room which is filled with nearly-empty candles. I am saving the kitchen for next month, I just can't face it at the mo!

And I hardly ever want to leave the house, my fiance is going to a rugby match with his brother on Saturday night and was like 'you should go out and do something' and he's right because I do nothing but all I want to do is stay at home and watch Strictly!

Every weekend I pick one area to clean and organise - one weekend it was the bedroom closet, last weekend it was a cupboard in the living room which is filled with nearly-empty candles. I am saving the kitchen for next month, I just can't face it at the mo!

And I hardly ever want to leave the house, my fiance is going to a rugby match with his brother on Saturday night and was like 'you should go out and do something' and he's right because I do nothing but all I want to do is stay at home and watch Strictly!

Ah, yeah, but who would want to miss out on the sexy-liscious Harry Judd?! Haha

XxX

I want to clean an organise. I don't have a permanent address at the moment. Spend a few days at the flat with the ex, and a few days at my mums, but my mum is having a big two storey extension started next week, so not going to be practical for me to stay here with that going on. It's due to finish 2 weeks before lo is expected, but they reckon it'll be 4-6 weeks decorating, I don't really want a newborn around all the paint fumes. And if he's early whilst it's still being built?! Who knows :( x

Ah, yeah, but who would want to miss out on the sexy-liscious Harry Judd?! Haha

XxX

Get outta my brain! ;) Oh goodness I can feel a 'Who watches Strictly to drool over Harry Judd' thread coming on...

I've been accused of nesting although I vehemently deny it.

I decided to do my Christmas decorating really early this year (I never do it before the end of November) because I have been SO tired and SO sick for the last three months. Then suddenly this week I've had a huge burst of energy and have it all done already and keep getting urges to go get more decorations!

My husband thinks I've lost my damn mind.

It happened over night for me..over the weekend I have organized the garage, my son's bedroom, the play room, and have been on a cleaning rampage.

SOOOO unlike me.

I'm planning on hitting every room this week.

Me! It just started today, but the problem is that my mom isn't moved out yet (she was living with us) and I don't have anything yet because I just started my job(OH has two jobs to pay bills & I ended up having to work in order to pay for baby stuff. I don't mind!). Ugh so I can't clean up much or put anything away, but I am DYING to lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->