Anyone else lucky to have...

amylk87

WTT for No.1
Reaction score
Anyone else lucky to have a OH that is ready for baby, and actually looking forward to being a mum/dad?

I see all the time on here the arguments and heartache that WTT can bring due to a OH who's not ready.

My OH used to freak out when people would come up to us when theres a newborn around and i'm completely in awe of the baby (obviously :haha:) and people would say "ooh it'll be you next" and before i could even breath, OH would be flustering and saying "no f'in way!"

But now, luckily, he's completely ready and I love it when he says little things like, the other day i was talking about things we have to cut out or have less of e.g. alcohol, and he said "i'll stop drinking as much because i want a baby"

Is your OH ready? Have they said anything sweet like that?

My OH is a diamond, he is very ready and very broody, he has been the one bugging me for years! :laugh2:

He has said if I want a KFC at 2 in the morning due to cravings then he will go get it for me! Apparently he plans to wrap me up in cottom wool and bubblewrap to make sure nothing happens, he even said he would drive me to work when I'm bigger just to be on the safe side.

I do worry what I have let myself in for... :blush:

Mine is excited, but not ready yet. We both want to spend time living together first, and get married. After that, I'm all his! ;)
He points out cute clothes and stuff, and says he's working so hard so we can settle down and have babies ^^, He's a sweetheart really, we never argue about TTC. I'm so lucky :) xx

I too am lucky to have my DH excited. Not quite ready but oh so excited. He's broody too.

I am one of the lucky ones as he was broody before me. When we moved he said 'The BP is just across the road if I need to get you anything.' This week he has started to read this over my shoulder and comments on the abbreviations and finds some of the banners amusing. Oh and constantly warning me I'll be lucky to hold my baby as he will constantly be cradling it.

My hubby used to get a bit freaked out and I definitely wouldnt describe him as being broody even now...but in the last couple of months it feels like he is really on board.

He is the one that finally settled on our TTC date and he keeps talking about needing to get things sorted because of the baby. I don't know if anyone else gets this but whenever my OH says "I want a baby" or when I have seen him holding a baby or playing with a LO - I get stupidly overly emotional :blush: I think it is because of years of knowing he wasnt quite there yet...and now he is it makes me go all sappy :flower:

My OH is more than ready for babies! We're both incredibly broody and impatient and have been for some time. It's part of what's making waiting hell: we're ready physically and emotionally, we're just waiting for everything else to catch up with us. We chat about having children all the time. One of the first conversations that we had when we got together was about baby names and we talked about parenting styles right from the start of our first year together!! Seeing all the threads about other people waiting on their partners and being really frustrated about it makes me appreciate even more how lucky I am to have my OH and how lucky we are to be at the same point at the same time!:cloud9::cloud9:

Beca :wave:

Yes, my OH is very ready to be a parent and is desperate to try again asap. I can't wait to make him a daddy.

My DH was ready when we got married. I was the one who was freaking out at the thought of having children. He is going to be wonderful and a huge help.

Yep, in fact, he was ready before me and in all honesty, I think he is still a bit ahead of me in terms of being so ready for it.

I can not wait for the day I POAS with him standing at the door and then we go and sit on the bed and see those two lines......

xxx

Our puppy is teething and unhappy and I've been spending a lot of time trying to make her feel better and my OH saw me comforting her and he said, "You're going to make a good mama." :)

I'm one of the lucky ones to my oh is ready and looking forward to ttc nect year. he will make a brillaint dad!! He is fantastic with my little sister!! We have talked about it loads and he is even reading bits of my book lol.

Yep, in fact, he was ready before me and in all honesty, I think he is still a bit ahead of me in terms of being so ready for it.

I can not wait for the day I POAS with him standing at the door and then we go and sit on the bed and see those two lines......

xxx

You just made my tummy loop remembering what a wonderful day that was.
:)

I think OH is sort of ready and excited about it. Although he's the reason we are waiting he says random little things that show me that he is thinking about when it happens even though he won't have a proper conversation about it. The other day I was talking about vitamins and he said " You better get some of those girly ones so you have super eggs" :haha:

Yep! I just discovered DH's stash of baby and pregnancy books that he ordered online and he wants to read them over our Christmas holiday, lol.

oh yes! my lovely boy! we were both soooo ready for maddi! and i no were both ready for number 2! last night we were talking about the 4bed house we want and he was saying how a bedroom for mads, one for us and one for the new baby and he can have a games room that can be turned into another nursery, we are both thinking of 3 babies :cloud9:

My OH is soooo broody! He cant wait to be a daddy, we look after his cousins (There adorable and a handful!) and after that he says he cant wait. :) He told me tonight that he would be more than happy to tell his mother about TTC when we start and already drops hints - Bless Him, i feel soo lucky!!! <3 :D

xx

yeah my oh loves our little one and can't wait to try for our next. He's so supportive and he's been ready for ages. I feel really lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->